TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 30, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXI: General Discussion: Archive through October 30, 2012 users admin

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Friday, October 05, 2012 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
They didn't have the Elimination Station last year either because they are using eliminated teams to act as decoys to confuse us. This way if people post pictures before the show airs we won't know who is eliminated and who is still in the race. I used to love the ES also.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, October 06, 2012 - 5:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
The last season that I remember there being an Elimination Station was the season Jeff and Jordan were on.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, October 06, 2012 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I suspect it saves money not to film those in sequester. They have always had the last several teams who are eliminated run as decoys and never go to sequester (elimination station).

And the showing of film FROM elimination station only happened after the airing of the show where they were eliminated, so there was no chance of spoilers.

I'd say CBS has eliminated this extra footage and coverage we like so much.. for Amazing Race and for Survivor as well.. heck, even BB doesn't really show as much jury house footage any more.. to save on time, money, cost of employees..

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Saturday, October 06, 2012 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
This economic slow-down has a lot to answer for when it starts messing with our reality shows!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, October 06, 2012 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Maybe they'd take donations?

I'd actually rather have longer shows for Amazing Race before I'd need Elimination Station. It was getting to be sort of repetitious anyway.

Ruditoo

07-12-2002

Monday, October 15, 2012 - 8:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ruditoo a private message Print Post    
Are We saying no spoilers for Amazing Race?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, October 15, 2012 - 8:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure what you mean, Ruditoo?

Ruditoo

07-12-2002

Monday, October 15, 2012 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ruditoo a private message Print Post    
It "sounds" like no one has heard of in future ( this pt. forward)spoilers or have they. I don't usually go elsewhere for info. Was that any clearer?

Ruditoo

07-12-2002

Monday, October 15, 2012 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ruditoo a private message Print Post    
That AR is Very careful and no one knows anything to spoil.

Ruditoo

07-12-2002

Monday, October 15, 2012 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ruditoo a private message Print Post    
I bring the subject up "here" as obviously there is no spoiler thread for AR. Or did I miss it? Thanks J

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, October 15, 2012 - 9:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Some seasons there are spoilers from people who have seen racers at airports and different venues along the race but never to the point that it is shown in Survivor...probably because TAR is such a fast-moving target.

Ruditoo

07-12-2002

Monday, October 15, 2012 - 11:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ruditoo a private message Print Post    
Thank you Roxip, Just checking, I didn't want to miss something. It makes it a little more fun to see if a spoiler plays out or not.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
TAR has been very good about keeping it to a minimum. I think on seasons where there are more recognizable couples (for instance Brendon and Rachel) people tend to notice them more. TAR has also in the past couple of years changed up the direction of the race so that they aren't herding a huge group of people surrounded by camera and sound crews through the major capitals (London, Paris, etc.) and instead going to the far East which probably have less tourists. Just my guess though.

I love a good spoiler myself. I always tell myself not to look but I always do...LOL!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I guess I completely missed this show on sunday. Ive got a free month trial of Netflix and have been all caught up in the 75 episodes of Friday Night Lights(its sooo good). So the two blonde girls got eliminated anything else of note happen?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, October 28, 2012 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I noticed the twins and the Beekmans communicating on Twitter recently.. don't know what this means in terms of how either team did but they are friendly :-)

Jabelljba

07-07-2005

Sunday, October 28, 2012 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jabelljba a private message Print Post    
When will they have tonight's episode available at cbs.com?

06-29-2002

Sunday, October 28, 2012 - 9:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Moderator a private message Print Post    
Please don't post any spoilers in this general thread. If you want to start a spoiler thread (really it is easier to just go read RFF) start a thread and please be careful not to put spoiler info in the first half of the first line to protect those members who use NEW MSG or search.

Thanks!

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Sunday, October 28, 2012 - 9:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I didn't post any spoilers. Just where one can find them and their accuracy.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, October 28, 2012 - 10:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
NEL was posted before airing on the west coast.. just better to be safe as some people REALLY don't want to stumble onto spoilers. Personally I go to read spoilers :-)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, October 29, 2012 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I thought it was okay to post the information as soon as the east coast airs.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 - 5:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I agree. I have been on-site many times and people have done an on-going synopsis as the show happens...has this rule changed? I thought it was up to the West Coasters to make sure they didn't look at the thread if they didn't want to be spoiled after the east coast showing?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 - 6:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
No rule change. This is the General Discussion thread so it's kind of iffy. We encourage people to post spoilers about the East Coast airing in the show thread (if one exists) on the night of the show. However, we also tell people that there is no guarantee and there is always a chance they will be spoiled.

Hope that explanation helps. :-)

Here is a link to the Spoiler Rules:

https://tvclubhouse.com/forum/messages/
2710/4882185.html?1195508452

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 - 7:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Perhaps it would be a good idea if someone is posting "real time" in the east to make sure they don't put anything in the first couple of lines (apparently some people can preview entries...I haven't ever figured that one out but I'm sure I've done okay with out!) that would be considered a spoiler?

Jewels

09-22-2000

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 - 7:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jewels a private message Print Post    
I don't think the issue was that somebody posted something after/during the East Coast airing, I think it had to do with a post that mentioned the finale. But I could be wrong.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
All I mentioned was I found some spoilers on RFF and they have been right on except the third elimination and then I said "they were right that this week was a NEL." Shouldn't have told about the NEL. I was the guilty one.