TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Russell Hantz Accused of Leaking Results

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor General Information: Russell Hantz Accused of Leaking Results users admin

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Tuesday, February 01, 2011 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Russell Hantz has been accused of leaking the evictions on the shows he was on. Why am I not surprised?

http://theclicker.todayshow.com/_news/2011/02/01/5968130-russell-hantz-accused-of-leaking-survivor-info

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Wednesday, February 02, 2011 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Me either. I cannot beleive that somebody can play mean and nasty on a show, then laugh it off as "game play". They want us to believe that is not who they really are, and it was just a game...but I think what we see is what they are in real life. If I had a friend who played it nasty on one of these shows, I would be really taking a good long look at them.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Wednesday, February 02, 2011 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I agree. The contestants are hungry and tired and stressed, so I think the "real" person is most likely to come out.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 02, 2011 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm not so sure. I don't lie in real life but I probably would lie as part of playing the game of Survivor. However, what I wouldn't do is be deliberately mean to other players. So maybe that is the point?

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, February 02, 2011 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Heh, I already commented about this in two other threads last night because I did not know about this thread.

I think the Survivor producers got exactly what they deserved from Russell Hantz. They hired a weasel. The weasel gave them two (of what they thought were) good shows, even if the fans hated it. And then the weasel acted just like a weasel and treated CBS the same way the weasel treated the other players. Gosh, what a surprise.

As I said last night: "You canonize a weasel all you get is a weasel in a fancy hat."

And I apologize to all weasels, which really are kind of cute creatures.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, February 02, 2011 - 8:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Okay, maybe this is a better metaphor.

From Aesop's fables:

quote:

The Scorpion and the Frog

A scorpion and a frog meet on the bank of a stream and the scorpion asks the frog to carry him across on its back. The frog asks, "How do I know you won't sting me?" The scorpion says, "Because if I do, I will die too."

The frog is satisfied, and they set out, but in midstream, the scorpion stings the frog. The frog feels the onset of paralysis and starts to sink, knowing they both will drown, but has just enough time to gasp "Why?"

Replies the scorpion: "It is my nature..."

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 02, 2011 - 8:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That's a great example, Juju.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Thursday, February 03, 2011 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Very good point! CBS got what it deserved.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Thursday, February 03, 2011 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I just don't understand why CBS thinks spoilers are such a bad thing! ONLY the people who want to know the spoilers read spoiler threads. While I don't inow how much of the watching population that actually IS, I would guess only a very small proportion.

However, if CBS is gonna rip Russell a new one, I am cheering from the sidelines!

Askme_who_ur

08-19-2006

Thursday, February 03, 2011 - 4:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Askme_who_ur a private message Print Post    
Well, I don't know if he did or not but Russell is denying it on his Facebook page. I suppose it will all come out at some point.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Thursday, February 03, 2011 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
I'm not surprised that Russell is denying it; if he admits guilt, it's going to cost him a whole lot of money!

If Jim Early is telling the truth to interviewers (and he knows where he got all of his accurate information), he has proof that it was Russell. Russell was the only player on both seasons that he accurately spoiled, and no one, including Russell, has indicated that it was a crew member. Russell just blamed another cast member (who would only have known what had happened in one season, not two).

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, February 04, 2011 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
One article said it could be something like $5 million, but that columnist also opined that because CBS/Survivor thinks Russell is ratings gold, he'll skate free :-(

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, February 04, 2011 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
All Russell All Survivor All the Time

<pokes eyes out with hot poker and falls down dead>

Askme_who_ur

08-19-2006

Saturday, February 05, 2011 - 12:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Askme_who_ur a private message Print Post    
There is a new Facebook page called Survivor Whispers. Anyone can join. Johnny Fairplay had a webcast on there that states the producers probably won't pursue anything with Russell until after the season is over. Since he is the face of Survivor this season with Rob.

He could be right.

Russell now has gotten very silent on the subject. The innocent person that he was accusing was Shannon Elkins from last season. Jim Early/Missyae and Shannon Elkins are the hosts of Survivor Whispers on Facebook. Not sure if their friendship came FROM the incident or if they were friends prior to all this.
Just thought I would pass this info along if anyone would like to stop by the facebook page.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert CA Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: