TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
8th Episode - April 17

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XLVI: 8th Episode - April 17 users admin

"Hide 'N Seek"

Survivor
Survivor (on CBS)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through April 18, 2024Sincebb125 04-18-24  12:39 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, April 18, 2024 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Not sure why I'm defending Q, but he went after Tim because Tim wanted to vote out Hunter, who is part of the strong 6. Also, Tim didn't even tell Maria about the strong 6! So big clue that Tim didn't take the alliance seriously, and wasn't fully on board, so he had to go!

And yes, Not cool that Q blabbed about the idol. Tiff should be furious. I had forgotten that others knew about her idol.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Thursday, April 18, 2024 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
The strong 6 is not very strong since they keep wanting to vote each other out. Making an alliance on day 1 just because you were randomly picked to go on a journey is shaky ground to begin with. They don’t even know each other at that point. Then, one of them neglects to inform one of the 6 that she is in the 6. Sloppy.

I think the 6 was formed for Q to control things, and when control started slipping away he lost his mind, outed his ally’s idol and went crazy at Tribal Council. Still don’t get what he was trying to do there.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, April 18, 2024 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I think he was just trying to create chaos to get validated by the others. If you noticed the votes, no one even took him seriously.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Thursday, April 18, 2024 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Creating chaos to what end? What did it accomplish? I mean, I am happy to see Tevin go simply because he irritates me, but how did it help Q? He didn’t get validation, none of them voted him out like he asked them to. I think it got him airtime and attention, nothing more. I don’t see a strategy. I hope he goes next.

Exposing Tiffany’s idol didn’t do him any favors either. Quite a MISTAKE.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, April 19, 2024 - 12:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Maybe validation is the wrong word. But, the tribe mates were now focused on Q during tribal, rather than the intended target. To me, he was like the little kid who acts up to get attention. Granted, it was not a good move to expose Tiffany’s idol. Q May end up going next.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, April 19, 2024 - 3:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Goodness what a shit-show!!! Tevin and Q were my two least favorites so I'll be thrilled when they finally vote out Q.

I will never understand Tevin's obsession with Venus. It's very strange. But... Venus has been on the right side of the vote Every. Single. Time. I'm also not quite sure why Hunter voted for Venus instead of Tevin. That didn't make sense.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, April 19, 2024 - 8:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I think Hunter is clueless about what’s going on in the tribe. Like once he found out that they were targeting Tevin, he immediately went to the group of 6 minus Tevin to talk to them. As he did that, one of the others expressed surprise that Hunter was even talking game. Basically, I think he just decided not to vote for Tevin but to vote with Tevin.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, April 20, 2024 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, and now Hunter may have a jury vote in Tevin.

As for Q, I agree it was partly for "attention". I also have to wonder if he was testing them. Trying to see if he was at the top of their lists to vote out? Because if he was, he would have likely been a goner. Kind of a mob loyalty test.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, April 20, 2024 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I suspect that Q and Hunter will be the next 2 to go… in no particular order.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, April 20, 2024 - 4:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
By the way, isn't Tevin an actor? Seems he might be on Survivor more for publicity and followers.

But he talks game as someone who knows
Survivor.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, April 20, 2024 - 10:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Well, kids, I suspect we have now all been here long enough that we are seeing people compete for whom Survivor has always been a very important game shown on television. Their parents watched when the contestants were babies in a crib. Hence, Hunter who dropped out of med school so he could win Survivor. And, I hope he does. But, still, I dunno, sort of seems ... like, not where we should be going as a species?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, April 21, 2024 - 12:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It is amazing that once someone goes on a reality show, for many of them, their life changes to be a reality celebrity. For others, they go back to life.. like earlier Real World people, Curtis Kin becoming an attorney and now is a judge, another one is in politics, Jamie sold her cosmetics line and is maga rich, Pam had a career as a doctor, etc.. But others from those and other shows lead the Challenge life. Boggles the mind, really.

Others find a balance, like Dr Christian Ubicki who just got tenure as a professor. He still talks about Survivor but has a real and rewarding career.

And as Jeff and others have said, the pandemic actually created a raft of new fans who hadn't watched these shows and hadn't grown up with them, but started binging during pandemic lockdown and came out to play.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, April 21, 2024 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Well, and really, Hunter left medical school to be a teacher. And I think he currently IS a teacher! So kudos to him in realizing where his passion lies.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, April 21, 2024 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, he teaches and uses Survivor challenges to keep his students interested. And I hope he went right back to teaching, not to compete on the Challenge.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert CA Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: