TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
5th Episode 3/27/24

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XLVI: 5th Episode 3/27/24 users admin

“Tiki Man”

Survivor
Survivor (on CBS)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through March 29, 2024Karuuna25 03-29-24  9:51 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 29, 2024 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Right...

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, March 29, 2024 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I noticed Moriah's vote for Ben as well. I was really hoping Jem would go but wasn't sure they would do it so I was quite happy with TC this week. I think it was foreshadowed in how many people commented with how upset they were that someone would let them dig under that tree for three days. She seemed to get a kick out of that rather then have any empathy.

That said, Maria teaching them all to salsa makes her one of my faves this season!! And anyone who targets Hunter needs to never show up on my tv again, lol!

Congrats to Kenzie, Q and Tiffany for earning some food this round not to mention the flint. I still have a hard time understanding why they didn't try every day to get a fire going. It really came across like they were just waiting for it to be handed to them. I think it should be part of the application process to ask them how hard they are willing to try to start fire.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, March 29, 2024 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
If I were going on Survivor I would be sure to be a master at starting a fire with and without a flint. Know how to swim, how to make coconut recipes, what plants were edible on the island. So many times people have glasses and don't use them. Heck I would take glasses on purpose lol

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, March 29, 2024 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Did Jem say why she didn't use her idol?

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Monday, April 01, 2024 - 7:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Hecka, I'm not sure if she said, but my opinion was that she felt safe, didn't think anyone was on to her.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, April 01, 2024 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I think she did say that it one of the articles I read. That is why she is so bitter.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, April 01, 2024 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Wow, between the bits of Jem's interviews that I have read at EW and Parade, she really is delusional about her ability to play this game. She truly believes she is one of the four strongest players out there. Did I miss her amazing abilities in the comps? She also said she was the sole provider of food for her tribe and she was shocked that they would vote her out for that reason alone. She thought this because she found papaya and cooked it. Oh, and when she cooked it, she added sand to the papaya "for crunch".

I'm beginning to agree that this new era style of play is more about social drama and obstacle courses then it is about survival and building a shelter, catching fish and cooking to survive.

Also, can I just say that if people had fasted for 10 days without food, they would have already lost a significant amount of weight and I'm just not seeing that. Just sayin'.

Sorry to sound so negative but I am having a hard time caring about this season due to what I perceive as the too much whining and self pity. I still have a few left to root for but not like I have in past seasons.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Monday, April 01, 2024 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
'added sand to the papaya for crunch'

I needed to read that several times to understand that someone would do something so ridiculous. Obviously I missed what an insane player Jem was. I thought she was a little 'off' when she watched them all digging unnecessarily, but this is really out there. Where do they find these people?

Anyway, I just finished watching Survivor Cambodia, and wow, what a season that was. Probably my favorite out of all the ones I've watched. I was initially annoyed with all the tribe switch ups, but ultimately, I think it changed the game in a positive way. I rooted for all 4 at the end (Spencer, Tasha, Jeremy and Kelley). Abi-Marie is always a trip, what a villain!

Sorry to go on about Cambodia, but after reading Kappy's post, it really made me think about how the current Survivor format is lacking. I prefer the old way of giving them flint, and stuff to get started, and watch them come together as a tribe to survive. They seem to give them 'nothing' now, and yeah, why are they not emaciated?

Not sure I'm into this one very much, and looking for another old Survivor season to watch instead. Taking suggestions! I've watched all of the usual 'best seasons' over the last few months.

What are your favorite seasons?

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, April 01, 2024 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Q's face looked extremely emaciated to me in the last episode. I thought it was quite alarming.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, April 01, 2024 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
If you watch “Naked and Afraid” (which I agree isn’t reality either) you can see that in comparison the Survivor players look far too good for the conditions that they claim they are living with. It’s pretty obvious that they are getting some significant help.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, April 01, 2024 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Any number of Survivors from this new era have said that until they get food that requires heating, fire isn't really essential. They eat coconut. They have gotten clean water provided for a long time, so it doesn't have to be boiled.

We used to see how much weight they lost when we had Ponderous footage.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, April 02, 2024 - 3:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Jim Early posted yesterday that S47 and 48 will be 39 days long. Remember, Jeff said they would never go back to 39 days in the "new era."

It is amazing to read the articles/blogs on Survivor, because Jeff is getting crucified and dragged all over the internet for ruining Survivor with this "new era" bullshit.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, April 02, 2024 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Okay... now I'm thinking Jim's post about 47 and 48 going back to 39 days may have been an April fool's joke (because I'm not seeing it anywhere else)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, April 02, 2024 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I think it was. LOL

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, April 02, 2024 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
i really despise april fools with all the fake posts. And facebook and other algorthms pop them back to the top after April 1. It's ridiculous that people post this stuff trying to be funny.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, April 02, 2024 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
April Fools can be fun provided the joke is ridiculous enough. Posting something that reasonably could be true seems more like baiting than funny.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, April 02, 2024 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Agreed. When it's something that could be true, or something you hope would be true, then it feels more mean than funny. Let's get your hopes up and then let you down you fool! Not funny.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Tuesday, April 02, 2024 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
April Fool’s Day is literally the worst day on the internet.

Like, we ALREADY have a huge problem with disinformation.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, April 03, 2024 - 3:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yeah, and this was almost believable because Jeff and production are getting dragged on the internet over the "new era" bullshit. So it wasn't impossible to believe that they were going back to the 39-day format.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert CA Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: