TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
3rd episode 3/13/24

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XLVI: 3rd episode 3/13/24 users admin

“Wackadoodles Win!”

Survivor
Survivor (on CBS)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through March 15, 2024Rosem424325 03-15-24  8:50 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 15, 2024 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I also agree about rice and flint and even machete, though some members of recent seasons have said they managed without the flint but maybe they had someone with skills or decent weather. But I really don't need to see people starve.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, March 15, 2024 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I agree he needs to bring back 'guys' One of the most famous lines last season was a girl saying 'what the hell guys!?'

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Saturday, March 16, 2024 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Survivor 46 has made history in that the entire fandom is in full agreement that it sucks.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, March 16, 2024 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
The latest thing I read is that Bhanu is an actor and all of this is an act and it will turn out he is a master mind! LMAO! if that was true wouldn't we see confessionals from him about that. Even if it was true I wouldn't care, it has been tedious and boring to watch!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, March 16, 2024 - 9:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
My only joy at the moment is Hunter. When the losing team guy had the meltdown about how he couldn't get those sandbags to stick on those platforms, and Kenzie, I think, kindly consoled him, she said, "Well, you have never done that before." And the guy bitterly replied, "Neither had he!" referring to Hunter who whipped him bad. And I burst out laughing. Hunter had probably practiced landing those bags about 50,000 times. IN HIS HOUSE! On equipment he made. LOL!

Go Hunter, the superest fan of the supers.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, March 17, 2024 - 8:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Yes, YAY for those like Hunter who actually came to play Survivor!

Vsmart

02-09-2003

Sunday, March 17, 2024 - 8:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
I'm always amazed at players who did not practice making fire before being on the show.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, March 17, 2024 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Has it even occurred to anyone on the purple tribe to try to start fire without a flint?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, March 17, 2024 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Kappy, we don't know if they have or not. I assume they may not show it, since we are supposed to think they don't have fire.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 17, 2024 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Hunter isn't the first person ever to practice and prepare.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, March 17, 2024 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
They did show them trying in the 1st or 2nd episode. Kenzie talked about how it was hurting her arms so I assume they were rubbing sticks hard for a long time

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Sunday, March 17, 2024 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
If only someone on the purple tribe wore glasses. I remember a past Survivor (YauMan?) used his glasses and the sun to make fire.

Sea, Hunter may not be the first to prepare for Survivor, but he sure is easy to look at while he shows off his Survivor skills.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 17, 2024 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Sure, but those are two unrelated issues.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, March 17, 2024 - 9:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Hunter is far from the first player to replicate and practice the puzzles. Even mediocre players talk of learning how to do slide puzzles.

But if you missed it, it is almost worthwhile going back and looking at the 1.5 second shot of the inside of Hunter's house. It was astonishing, and I am kind of hoping it was an extra room they showed, or the garage, but the accompanying narrative implied his entire house might look like that.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 17, 2024 - 11:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I didn't miss it. I was just not as impressed, I guess.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, March 18, 2024 - 3:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Hunter's house was amazing. I really hope that stuff was in a garage or a separate room but I wouldn't be surprised if his whole house looked like that. I don't know that we've ever had a contestant prepare for puzzles like that. Most of them practice making fire in their backyard.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, March 18, 2024 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Carson Garrett season 44.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, March 18, 2024 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Carson made puzzles but his house was not at Hunters level! Hunter had many challenge configurations in his house. Sandbags probably helped him with this challenge

I also love that Hunter made these puzzles for his students. So it wasnt just for him to practice survivor students benefited as well. I just adore him!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, March 18, 2024 - 9:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Pamy, same about Hunter and also making the puzzles for his students. And not even sure if I mentioned above that he also gave up a full scholarship to become a doctor because he would rather be on Survivor. And ALL of us here totally understand that.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 20, 2024 - 2:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I thought he gave up the scholarship because he wanted to be a teacher and work with kids. He does do Survivor series for the kids to compete in but I don't think he gave up being a doctor just to be on Survivor. Anyway I bet his students are having watch parties and are SO excited.. pretty cool to have someone teaching you who enjoys it so much and cares about students.

I sure wouldn't mind him as the winner!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, March 20, 2024 - 3:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Sea is correct. Hunter gave up his scholarship to become a doctor because he wanted to teach.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert CA Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: