TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
13th Episode, Dec 20 - Season Finale

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XLV: 13th Episode, Dec 20 - Season Finale users admin

"Living the Survivor Dream"

Survivor
Survivor (on CBS)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through December 20, 2023Maris25 12-20-23  6:30 pm
Archive through December 20, 2023Cablejockey25 12-20-23  8:13 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, December 20, 2023 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Dee won the moment she told the jury she kept Austin from knowing she told Julie. She deserved the win. She played excellent game. Great season, really enjoyed them all!

Brat

08-22-2006

Wednesday, December 20, 2023 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brat a private message Print Post    
Not nuts Dee won. Just have to comment on Kendra though. She always was so annoying with her facial expressions. And look at her now at final get together, she has managed to get between Dee and Austin. Almost on the front row. Always wanting to be the center of attention. Yuck.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Wednesday, December 20, 2023 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I’m still not crazy happy that Dee won.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, December 20, 2023 - 9:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Loved this season in spite of not caring for Dee or Julie. Poor Jake from not noticing the puzzle piece to breaking the last challenge. He just could not get out of his own way. Loved that both the lawyers told Katurah to become a lawyer, lol. And yes, Kendra is ALOT!!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, December 20, 2023 - 10:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I saw a portion of an article online talking about the finale. They pointed out that while Dee won, all the show highlights featured other people. My take is that so much of her game play was based on being a mean girl and being the boss of everyone. Even at final tribal, she insisted on having the final word and practically dared them to disagree with her. She's very practiced at intimidation. Yes, I never warmed up to her and obviously there wasn't much footage to change anyone's mind on that or they would showed it..

Rvon

12-11-2003

Wednesday, December 20, 2023 - 10:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Kappy, I agree with everything you said. I like Dee less after listening to her with the jury. Yes, she definitely acts like a “mean girl”.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, December 20, 2023 - 11:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Not reading the thread yet (but yes I'm seeing the comment just above).

I'm very happy with the outcome. Liked Dee all along. Liked Austin.

Never saw any hint of mean girl.. that is confusing.

I really liked how they let the jury question, each, it seemed, more than usual and how not bitter the jury was.

I liked the answers from all three of them

And loved Emily saying not to spend that money on that boy or she would hunt her down..

I liked Julie on the jury, not so much before jury.

I did think Jake might get votes but definitely happy with the outcome.

Just_gail

08-25-2007

Thursday, December 21, 2023 - 3:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Just_gail a private message Print Post    
I was pulling for Jake because I like underdogs. Austin seemed unhappy with some of Dee's answers to the jury. I think it's so funny that there were three lawyers in the cast, but Jake was the only one who admitted it.

Earthmother

07-13-2002

Thursday, December 21, 2023 - 6:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Earthmother a private message Print Post    
I didn't mind who won this season, I liked them all. I gravitated toward Jake because he was the underdog. I was not unhappy with the outcome however, Dee played a great game.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, December 21, 2023 - 7:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I might have wanted others to win but I never saw anything bad about Dee. Good for her for making strategic choices when needed. They totally needed to vote her out because she did exactly what was feared - win final immunity and then win it all.

Vsmart

02-09-2003

Thursday, December 21, 2023 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
I would have hated if Jake would have won because he was so whinny. If he had to land all three baskets, he still would not have won the last challenge.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, December 21, 2023 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Still not a fan of Dee, I just could not warm up to her. She never felt genuine to me, and I'll be she and Austin didn't last because I don't think her feelings were real. I think his were.

It's a shame Katurah didnt follow thru with her pact with Jake!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, December 21, 2023 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Me either, I saw the mean girl side of her. If Katurah had followed through with Jake, this would be a completely different finale. Crazy when I saw that she blew it.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Thursday, December 21, 2023 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
there were three lawyers in the cast, but Jake was the only one who admitted it.
Yes but then he finally admitted that he was a prosecutor instead of a public defender....so they all lied. LOL

I wanted Austin to win. I think he was the most well rounded player but got caught up in his feeling for Dee. I agree with Karuuna. I doubt that they are still together and I think she just used him. For someone to tell her not to spend the money on Austin was the opposite of what I felt. She should have given him half. She got there on his coattails.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, December 21, 2023 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Drew was the mastermind behind most of what Austin did.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, December 21, 2023 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
It was so disappointing that Katura changed her vote! UGH! I didn't want Dee to win, but didn't think austin really earned it with his weakness toward Dee and not saving Drew. Also didn't think Jake really deserved it with all of his missteps in the game. But I really enjoyed Drew's journey.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, December 21, 2023 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Dee and Austin both say they are keeping their relationship private, in their interviews.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, December 21, 2023 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I take that to mean they aren't together but will not say so in case they can get cast together on tar. I never felt their chemistry like I felt Rob and Amber

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, December 21, 2023 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I'd rather see Drew with Austin on TAR. What a different game it would have been if Austin had gotten more upset about what happened to Drew. I have to now agree that Dee deserved to win since so many bowed to her and did her bidding. I just don't get the fawning over her. Katurah also fawned over Dee just as much as Austin. I'm sorry, I just don't get it. Is it the Kardashian effect? Mind you, I'm all for permanent makeup when one is out there - I look like death walking without lipstick but dang, those brows and then the lips that look like mosquitos bit them over and over, I just couldn't see past that when she was on the screen.

Yes, I am old. I am very very old.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, December 21, 2023 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I figured Austin for the win from the opening show.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, December 21, 2023 - 11:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
As Austin pointed out when Rob Cesternino joked about Boston Rob proposing to Amber at a final was that Rob and Amber knew each other a long time by then, not just a short season.

I think Dee would be a better pairing on TAR for those dance challenges and such..

I must have missed any strange facial features on Dee or any of the final 5. They all look totally normal to me. All five interviewed well and seem pretty happy.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Thursday, December 21, 2023 - 11:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
Dee is not getting the love because she is female. Guys in tons of reality tv shows "take" a showmance along. Dee Took Austin. Austin told her his plan to take out Julie. She played him. She did not share the plan to take out Drew. She won right then. She got to say to the jury, no I DID THE THING.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, December 22, 2023 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
That's a bit insulting. My lack of enthusiasm for Dee has nothing to do with her being female. I just did not find her likable from what they showed of her on the series.

Yes, when a guy uses a woman like that, I don't like him either. Just how I see things.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, December 22, 2023 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
My inability to warm up to Dee has to do with how I perceived her treatment of people from day one. If people did not do as she wanted, they were of no use to her. Being confident is one thing but she has a sense of entitlement that I don't care for in any person. Heck, look at how she got on the show. And like I said above, I don't think they had any footage that would have presented her in any better light because that simply is who she is. She herself said it best when she said she has always known she would be a millionaire or marry one. That's her in a nutshell. Sorry but she's not my type of person to root for.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Friday, December 22, 2023 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Well boo hoo but I can live with it! The immunity challenges Dee won were pretty fearsome!

THX everyone for the spoilers, good show & GREAT season.

exit interview w/Dalton Ross:

Austin Li Coon reacts to Dee's Survivor 'sucker punch' at Tribal Council

The runner-up tried his best to recover after being bested in front of the jury.

https://ew.com/survivor-45-austin-li-coon-reacts-dee-tribal-council-sucker-punch-interview-8419012

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Friday, December 22, 2023 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
BTW, at the bottom of that Ross interview it lists the other interviews too.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Saturday, December 23, 2023 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I was very happy to read Sia gave Katurah $100,000, and Kaleb and Jake $15,000 each.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Tuesday, December 26, 2023 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Since everyone talked about how great this season was, I decided to binge-watch over Christmas. I don't usually watch Survivor due to the fact that it is edited, watching after it's over is a very different experience. I liked it!

Since I went into it not rooting for anyone, since I already knew who won, I didn't feel any type of way about any of them. I knew that Austin and Dee were a showmance, but it didn't come up on the TV show until the last couple of episodes. I kept looking for where the relationship began, didn't see anything, and thought that maybe Survivior didn't focus on showmances the same way that BB does. Come to find out, they didn't really have anything until day 20!

I really liked Jake a lot, and was sad that he didn't win. I do feel that Dee deserved it, she did win 3 immunity challenges, and seemed to be running the game, but I didn't feel like the show focused on her very much through the first half. I thought that was weird editing for the eventual winner, but whatev.

Overall, I really enjoyed it, and might do this again for the next season. I won't watch it week-to-week because I find that annoying, but watching it after it's over was very fun.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Tuesday, December 26, 2023 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
I will criticize this:

They spent way too much time on Tribal Councils, with idiotic questions. I FF'd through most of them. I wish they focused their extended time more on the island, and the decision-making that goes on with the vote. Like, what the hell was with the Kellie eviction? When she said 'what the hell, guys?', I was thinking the same thing, but more directed towards production.

I know that they use editing to misdirect so that the viewers are surprised, but many times I was left with the 'what the hell, guys?' reaction to the vote.

I am spoiled by BB live feeds, obviously!

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Sunday, December 31, 2023 - 4:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Agree with way. Too. Much. Tribal time.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert CA Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: