TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
3rd Episode, Oct 11

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XLV: 3rd Episode, Oct 11 users admin

"No Man Left Behind"

Survivor
Survivor (on CBS)

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Sunday, October 08, 2023 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
"No Man Left Behind"

90min

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, October 11, 2023 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Why do tribes think they should vote out the strongest players before the merge? Especially, when they are in your alliance and you are the weakest tribe of the 3. It just infuriates me. If they are that much of a threat, they will still be a threat after the merge.

Can’t believe that Emily is growing on me.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, October 11, 2023 - 8:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Not to mention that Kaleb won that reward for the tribe. It just annoys me. I do not feel bad for them when it backfires. Karma.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, October 11, 2023 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Lulu won reward, which was a fruit plate and the ability to raid another tribe’s camp for one item. Kaleb was chosen to go, but also was able to give a goodwill advantage to someone one the other tribe.
Kaleb was a good choice to send. He took the fishing gear from Reba, but left them the spear, which he could’ve taken. He was able to talk with everyone as a group, then one on one. He chose to give the advantage to Drew, who showed it to Austin and Dee.
Meanwhile, back at camp, Sabiyah talked with Emily and Sean about getting rid of Kaleb. The argument was that he was too likeable and strong to get out once they merged. It seemed like they were in agreement. Thus, my prior posts)
Back at Reba, Austin brings in Dee and Julie to help find the idol, that he’s been having problems finding the clues. Dee and Julie managed to find a rope, which dropped something with a hammer. The note said to hit a rock near the water well. Austin and Drew went to the well and were able to get the idol.
Lulu lost the immunity challenge. Off to tribal for the third time in a row. Emily is concerned because they want to vote Kaleb. (Side note, I don’t think Sabiyah has a vote yet, which may be why she was trying to target Kaleb)

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, October 11, 2023 - 9:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Back at Lulu camp, Kaleb is still trying to save Emily because he wants to work with her. Sabiyah blowing smoke at Kaleb, saying Emily, even though she’s maneuvered the other 2 to vote Kaleb. Oh, and Sabiyah doesn’t have a vote…. Needs to drop the candle in the fire to get the idol (no fire at Lulu) and her vote reactivated.
Sabiyah telling Emily about the wax idol. Emily is suspicious. She tells Kaleb about Sabiyah voting him out. Kaleb doesn’t know what to do but is thinking. Does he stick with his alliance or with Emily?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, October 11, 2023 - 9:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Tribal… Sabiyah puts the candle in the fire and tells Jeff she doesn’t have a vote until she has the idol. Sabiyah keeps tending to the candle in the fire. The wax is gone. There’s a scroll. Kaleb keeps looking at the scroll. Sabiyah put the scroll in her pocket.
She has an idol…. Good for one tribal, but if you sacrifice your vote… you can extend it. She chooses ?
Everyone is good… she doesn’t play an idol.

Sabiyah
Kaleb
One vote left
Sabiyah….. she’s shocked!

Clearly, she did not think she was in danger, so didn’t vote and couldn’t play the idol…. She was so sure of her plan to vote Kaleb would work without having to vote and didn’t see it coming.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, October 11, 2023 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Next week, drop your buffs….switching tribes.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, October 12, 2023 - 3:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Jeff answered the question about Sabiyah and the candle. Jeff said that when they came up with the idea of the idol in the candle, and having to use fire to melt it...they didn't say in the instructions what fire they could or could not use, because they never considered that any of the tribes would go that long without a flint or fire.

Jeff said that he was surprised and quite impressed that Sabiyah figured out to use the Tribal fire since that was the only fire she had access to. Also that she came equipped with tools and had it all thought out, like pouring the water on it etc.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, October 12, 2023 - 3:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I was dying laughing at Sabiyah tending the fire while Jeff was trying to conduct tribal.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, October 12, 2023 - 8:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I can't believe Emily has grown on me either! I would have bet $100 that there was no way she could redeem herself, but sticking with the first person who showed kindness to her did it. I was so glad she told him and they got Sabiyah out. Very entertaining tribal.

When they reshuffle the tribes, I hope they make them even again. It is never fun to watch so many people sit out challenges and one team get decimated.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 12, 2023 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Brenda, I'm sure that's why they are reshuffling, because it gets too difficult to arrange the comps for a tribe of 3.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, October 12, 2023 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I hope that Emily and Kaleb go far. Both were willing to adapt and clearly, there’s a strong trust there now.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, October 12, 2023 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
For a minute there, I was worried Kaleb was going to vote Emily out, when it was clear his best choice was to keep her, and her him.

I don't see Kaleb making it very far after the merge. Visiting the other tribe was detrimental to his game, as they all made remarks as to how good a player Kaleb seemed. Let's see if he can wiggle out of being a clear target. Both Emily and Kaleb seem to be very astute players. I'm looking forward to their game

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, October 12, 2023 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
This is what I love about Survivor - Who I like or get irritated with changes every single week. Except for Kaleb who is perfection in my book! :-)

I was sad that Sabiyah chose to go that route of wanting Kaleb out but happy that she left graciously. And yes, it was entertaining that she had planned so thoroughly as to what tools she might need at tribal to get her II out of the fire. I hope she gave the blade she used with the tree branch back to someone before she left or at ltast I thought she said blade.

Good luck to Sean after this, lol. Rooting for Emily like I rooted for Aubrey back in the day. Never thought I would type those words, lol!

I am finding Kendra to be a hoot! I feel like she could be the sister of Frannie from last season. I think Jake is going to be a snake. Drew is the real Napolean Dynamite. Haven't really gotten much of a read on others yet.

The comps were challenging without physically destroying anyone so I enjoyed them. Great season so far!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, October 12, 2023 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Emily is one of my favs now! I love that she saved Kaleb!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, October 12, 2023 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Lexie, me too!!!! LOL!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, October 12, 2023 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Kappy, I am also enjoying Kendra. I really like Dee as well.

Drew looks exactly like Napolean even to the point of having his mouth open all the time. I havent warmed to him probably because I hated that movie.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Friday, October 13, 2023 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
What an excellent exit interview with Daltan Ross!
Note that you have to click quick or it keeps reverting to other videos. Also the list of related links/articles is at the bottom.

https://ew.com/tv/survivor-45-sabiyah-broderick-interview/

Sassyza

09-03-2009

Friday, October 13, 2023 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sassyza a private message Print Post    
I'm on the couch with those whose opionion of Emily has changed. Good on her for going to Kaleb and good on him for actually listening to her and thinking it out.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, October 14, 2023 - 12:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I am now worried that Emily is going to fall in love with Kaleb, and that she is going to have a big let-down.

Of course, WE are all in love with Kaleb, and we will be just FINE.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, October 14, 2023 - 5:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm dying laughing. I thought I was the only person who thought Drew looked like Napoleon Dynamite.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert CA Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: