TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
1st Episode, March 1

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XLIV: 1st Episode, March 1 users admin

“I Can’t Wait to See Jeff”

Survivor
Survivor (on CBS)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through March 02, 2023Heckagirl63125 03-02-23  2:33 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, March 02, 2023 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Do you stream? Watch it on Hulu or maybe ParamountPlus.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, March 02, 2023 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
It may be because I had my attention diverted the 1st 15 minutes or so of the 1st episode....kitty scuffle lol...but if the rest of the season is like this first episode, I think we're all gonna be majorly confused and perplexed most of the time.

There were so many things going on and none of them made much sense. Maybe it was faulty editing? I don't know. I mean so many people getting injured. People using a shot in the dark. So much scheming. Multiple advantages. "Hit the ground running" should have been the title of the 1st episode lol The Medics sure are earning their money this season!

I did appreciate the slightly different terms to the advantages. I think banking your vote to use later, is a more interesting alternative than just giving them an extra vote. Makes you use a little more strategy.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 02, 2023 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Grooch, she told them she lost her vote.

But she actually got the "bank a vote" advantage.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, March 02, 2023 - 10:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Bruce did have a concussion. He was feeling well enough to leave hospital and go to Ponderosa (which I wish we could see again) 6 hours later. And....Jeff Probst invited Bruce back to play again! He is over the moon!

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, March 03, 2023 - 7:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I'm sorry, but Carolyn???? UUGGHH!!!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, March 03, 2023 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Scooter, my thinking is, if any of the players are smart (still to be determined), he/she should form a secret alliance with her, then give Caroline harmless secret to see if Caroline can keep a secret. And if she is trustworthy, tell her, your my final two, but we need to keep our distance so nobody suspects. This way you don't have to hang around her. I bet Caroline would be loyal to the end.

Now, if everyone has the same idea, Caroline could rule the whole game and win,

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, March 03, 2023 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Grooch, I'm not sure I can stand her on my TV for the entire season. LOL. But I do understand your line of thinking, maybe it could work if she was provided a muzzle?

Also, can we go back to providing them with swim wear????? PLEASE

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, March 03, 2023 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
yes! It is not attractive seeing the flop around in skimpy underwear

I agree about Carolyn. Time will tell if she remain so ditsy

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, March 03, 2023 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
psst... Watch her win.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, March 03, 2023 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I hope not.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, March 03, 2023 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
...and we will all be rooting for her at the end

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 03, 2023 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I finally just watched..

Rob Cesternino and his wife Nicole made Carolyn their season pick, but I am on the non fan bench with Scooter thus far.

Lauren lied about her advantage, then her tribe found out, but by using the shot in the dark, she could bank her vote and no one knows. I am not a fan so far, but she succeeded..

Irritated by the guy who climbed the rocks for no reason and will probably be a weak link for some time. Using shot in the dark was unnecessary and of no help but he lucked out

And Brandon using the idol was a great move, since everyone knew about it and he was a target.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, March 03, 2023 - 9:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I saw the shot in the dark users as making very strategic moves. It allowed them to NOT reveal their alliances on the very first tribal vote, meaning Kane is now the only one on that tribe whose alliance is now known. Only three people voted, Maddy and Kane voted for Brandon. Brandon voted for Maddy, sending her home. Two others publicly used their Shot in the Dark, thereby giving up their votes, which means Lauren must have used her bank a vote, which her tribe knew she had.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, March 04, 2023 - 5:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Lauren's tribe thought she "lost her vote." They don't know she's going to get another vote at another TC.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, March 04, 2023 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, Lauren told her team she had no vote. And so far the ruse seems to hold since she saved her vote to use later. And i agree that it seems the shot in the dark was used in this new strategic way. Makes sense after seeing it barely used in prior seasons. this is a way to put it to a bit of good use early in the game.

And i agree that Carolyn is already on my last nerve. LOL

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, March 04, 2023 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
help me remember... wasn't there a conversation at immunity between the two "sitting out" players about that trip?

And didn't the other tribe mate say their person showed them her slip that said "you lose your vote", letting Lauren's tribemate know that perhaps Lauren wasn't forthcoming with the truth?

My memory is a little hazy, but I remember the convo.

*** Personally not saving for your shot in the dark for when you really need it seems a mistake to me... it's a long game.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, March 04, 2023 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Yes. One person told Matthew that that I think, Matt, showed them their slip saying he lost his vote. Matthew said that Lauren didn’t show them anything. He was suspicious after that.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, March 04, 2023 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I agree that using shot in the dark so early, as strategy, and not to save yourself... does not seem to be the best use of that option. Now if it were further along in the game and you were playing both sides, and your vote was going to out you...maybe.

Now I'm wondering...what the ratio of "safe" to "not safe" pulls there are? Is there just one of each for each player? Are there an equal amount of each or 1 safe and 10 non safe? If more than one player plays, is there only 1 safe among all the players or can each person pull a safe? Has Jeff ever given any information on this?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, March 04, 2023 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I read there was some things not shown and that she thought she was going to be voted out especially when they started talking about keeping the tribe strong because she was seen as a weak link.

They need to show us more of those interactions!

It is like they are loving to blindside us the audience and not let us in on convos when all it does is confuse us. Nowadays you really have to listen to after interviews

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, March 04, 2023 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Kooklie! I'm still trying to learn their names and figure out who is on each tribe, and now the advantages they have!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, March 04, 2023 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Pamy OK, at least that would make some sense

But yeah I'm at the same place where I don't remember anybody's name or who has what at the beginning.

Nowadays it seems like it's not enough just to watch any show. They have an aftershow they have a Podcast they have interviews.... So for each different series I watch... It's not just enough to watch the episode. I have to watch an additional 3 hours of other content to understand one episode. Even the non reality shows...it's mind-boggling

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, March 04, 2023 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Kar, I print out the banner that Jimmer makes and write notes on it about the players during the season. It helps me in the game

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, March 04, 2023 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Since, ITA I wish they would give us another hour of footage on Paramount +, it would be a good way to make people buy it so I am surprised they dont

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, March 04, 2023 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Kar.. right now, Matthew and Yam Yam are the Only 2 that I can name without looking it up.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, March 04, 2023 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I just don’t like all the advantages out there so quickly.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, March 04, 2023 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes the two sit out players did discuss what the person who left told them. So it seems there is some distrust toward Lauren around this, but no clear idea who else knows this info or who else might not trust her fully now.

It seems as the season wears on, people get confident in their alliance and they never use the shot in the dark because then their alliance will feel like they don't trust them. So it seems to very seldom get used as people are usually blindsided.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, March 04, 2023 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Oh...and this season we have a Showmance...lol

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, March 04, 2023 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Yeah, the showmance kids are just as cute as they can be. It sure seems like neither might have too many soulmates, so it sure is lucky they both found one on Survivor of all places.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert CA Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: