TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
3rd Show, Oct 6

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XLI - A New Era: 3rd Show, Oct 6 users admin

Survivor
Survivor (on CBS)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through October 07, 2021Sincebb125 10-07-21  12:05 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, October 07, 2021 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Someone help me refresh my memory. I can't find the Ponderosa videos on YT. Do they only do them for the jury?

Chippy

08-16-2007

Thursday, October 07, 2021 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chippy a private message Print Post    
Someone didn’t think all this through. Don’t expect me to do it either. C’mon with all these advantage gyrations that turn out to kill your game cause the disadvantage is worse than the advantage. Now what?

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Thursday, October 07, 2021 - 10:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I always watch & it usually takes me a cpl eps before I start getting into it. I am still having trouble with this season. The loosing your vote thing should never happen when they are split into 3 tribes. IMO it should not happen until they are all on 1 tribe. Brad was not the reason his team lost that challenge, in fact he was the only reason they almost didn't loose that challenge. I don't care for that Ricardo guy so I would have voted him out.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, October 08, 2021 - 6:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
The whole "steal a vote," "lose a vote," "split a vote," etc. etc. etc. is way too confusing. I miss the good old days of them finding an idol they can actually use and blindsiding someone with it.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, October 08, 2021 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I respect that some of you don't like the changes.. I get it.

For me, I like that it changes things up for them. For awhile I've been thinking that everything is so predictable, that it makes it less interesting. The contestants already have planned for it to be that way, and this throws those plans into disarray, so they have to rethink strategy. Like I said, for me, it makes it more interesting that they have to scramble a bit.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, October 08, 2021 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I just wish they explained it more. What's a "three-way idol"? They share one idol? What happens when the person is voted out? Everything is just so confusing to pack into one hour show. I like to know what I'm rooting for and I can't figure it out because I feel like I don't have enough information LOL

Also I was thinking while I was watching the show and they had to choose the three things. It would have been much more interesting if they had to decide right there and then who gets what.

I'm never opposed to new twists or new things happening in any of the shows we all watch. I would just like them to be more thought out and more clear.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, October 08, 2021 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Kar, I don't mind them switching it up a little bit but I'm not digging that every "advantage" is a freaking disadvantage and it's confusing as to who loses a vote and who steals a vote (I personally find the prisoner's dilemma very confusing). I especially don't like them losing a vote when the tribes are this small. When there are more players on the tribe, it is easier to hide losing a vote. I also don't like that they weren't given any rice, they are losing their flints when they lose a challenge, they don't seem to have the tools to build a shelter. I'm just not digging all the changes this year.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, October 08, 2021 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I wish it was 2 hrs every week :-) or at least give us another hour online each week.

Lexie asked about the ponderosa clips, I also wonder if we will get those this year

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, October 08, 2021 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Pamy, I couldn't remember if we only get Ponderosa clips when they go to jury.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, October 08, 2021 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yes, I agree better explanations would be good.

I don't mind the prisoner's dilemma part of it.. but I do agree that losing a vote in small tribes is problematic.

Your comment about flints and shelters reminds me that we haven't seen almost anything this year on how they are surviving... I do miss that. Pamy's suggestion of longer shows would certainly help!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, October 08, 2021 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I find that anytime they have three tribes they just don't have enough time to devote to covering all three tribes in one episode. So we tend to learn a lot more about the tribe and people who are doing the worst because they receive the most coverage. Which is unfortunate if viewers become attached to them because, of course, they are also the most likely to be eliminated.

Chippy

08-16-2007

Friday, October 08, 2021 - 5:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chippy a private message Print Post    
First, when will they ever learn not to share so much with strangers trying to beat them in a game with a substantial money prize. Second, what survivor would put that advantage back where they found it for fear of a disadvantage. Third, why would the disadvantage wipe away any earned advantages indefinitely. And lastly if you have to throw advantages in plain sight cause you don’t have enough time to wait for them to be found, there’s probably too many twists. And sneak to a boat in the middle of the night? Why.
I find myself having a very difficult time making sense of any moves due to the lack of information given on the show. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Strategist

07-01-2014

Saturday, October 09, 2021 - 3:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
How many days had it been for episode 3? If they had no food and couldn't find any source of food, they would be complaining about that a lot by now.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Saturday, October 09, 2021 - 3:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I agree with both Pamy and Chippy. They need to have fewer twists and longer shows.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, October 09, 2021 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
In they past they have put advantages in plain sight so they could be easily found, like under food at a feast. So that part is not new, it's the harsh disadvantage these advantages have that is new. Right now we are having a hard time seeing any advantage. I hope that changes for US. If the players don't start seeing any advantage to it, they will start rejecting what they find, kind of like how some seasons everyone is afraid to use the veto on BB.

I like that the producers are trying to keep things fresh, introduce new elements. We've had a shared idol before but I don't recall exactly how it well it worked. But I feel like these players are sharing too much of what they find with others, esp when it's not a full 'advantage' yet. I admire JD for trying to keep his secret, even though he failed. He had the right strategy!!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, October 09, 2021 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Gonna be hard...to live down the REASON it was exposed... was that he left the corner of it sticking out from the top of his pants LOL that's got to be the new "shaking your head" move... He has.topped, going home with an idol in your pocket

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, October 09, 2021 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Here's a addition thought on the 3-way idol...since Brad told everyone that he had the advantage and they all know they will lose their vote in addition to having to say the bizarre phrase. Will the rest of the tribe refuse to take the newly replanted "advantage"?

I don't know if they just didn't think this out? Or they're not sharing that consequence with us? But I would like to know. It would certainly be a shame if Xander spends most of survivor without a vote because of a poorly thought out Idol clue

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, October 09, 2021 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
that's true but Shan saw the other phrases so she knows the other 2 tribes have it and all she has to do is find it and say her phrase.

I wont be surprised if she is the one that finds the idol. they will probably hide it under her bag LOL

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, October 09, 2021 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Not yet, only Xander has it so far, since Brad got voted out. But you are probably right...the other 2 tribes will wake up with the clue pasted on their foreheads. Can't wait to see Xander's reaction when he sees Brad got voted out!

I listened to several podcasts. I am pleased to report...we are not alone in our bewilderment. All past survivor players are equally confused. We are not alone

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, October 09, 2021 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Dalton at EW feels the same too LOL and he is a huge fan as we all are

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, October 09, 2021 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'll come back to what I said earlier. The three tribe thing doesn't work. They simply can't cover it in an informative, interesting and entertaining way.

For example, if they had two tribes then the idol thing could work. With three. Not happening.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, October 09, 2021 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I agree!

Chippy

08-16-2007

Monday, October 11, 2021 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chippy a private message Print Post    
Ditto Jimmer. It’s too easy to guickly create a tribe who is favored to win challenges and a decimated one who can’t ever get a win… especially if you choose to vote out strength… so far, so not so good. Lol

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, October 12, 2021 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I have NEVER liked the concept of three tribes. It is too easy for one tribe to get "Pagonged."

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, October 12, 2021 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I agree with the three tribe thing. What Lexie said.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert CA Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: