TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
I met Ethan and Jenna in Sydney

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor General Information: I met Ethan and Jenna in Sydney users admin

Bastable

07-09-2002

Monday, April 04, 2005 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bastable a private message Print Post    
A few weeks ago, I was in Sydney, Australia, and I was about to climb the Harbour Bridge. My guide turns to me and says that "some Survivor people" were doing the climb right before me, and did I want to say hello? Well, duh! Of course I did!

As they came inside from their climb, we met right outside the side door of BridgeClimb and small-talked for a few minutes.

Turns out they were in town to promote koala protection. "Savethekoala.com!" Ethan shouted before a little nervous laughter. (Afterward, a few Australians said that the koala doesn't exactly need saving; the common perception is that in many places, such as Kangaroo Island, they're overpopulated and have become a scourge. But I digress. And I am not going to accuse of our dear Survivors of failing to grab a great free trip Down Under to flog their brief celebrity.)

Anyway, here's the proof. Enjoy!

Ethan and Jenna at BridgeClimb

Texannie

07-16-2001

Monday, April 04, 2005 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
How fun!
What are the uniforms/outfits?

Hippyt

06-15-2001

Monday, April 04, 2005 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hippyt a private message Print Post    
Cool,how was the bridge climb? Got any photos of that?

Bastable

07-09-2002

Monday, April 04, 2005 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bastable a private message Print Post    
Those uniforms are required in order to climb the bridge. Since the path takes you right over live train rails and car traffic (far, far below on the bridge deck), you have to wear those to make sure there's nothing that can fall out of your pockets and injure people. Even tubes of Chap Stick are forbidden (though my guide carried mine!).

Those blue belts attach to a cable that runs throughout the course on the bridge. It makes it impossible for climbers to fall. You're also not allowed to take a camera, in case it falls on a car and kills someone. So there are no public photos of Ethan and Jenna climbing. Guides do take a digital photo of you at the top that you can buy. E&J surely brought theirs home. I wonder if they have Web sites where they might have posted it?

The climb is very, very cool. It's not scary at all, and not even a little bit tiring. You barely notice you've been slowly going up a slope until you're at the zenith. The view is unbelievably beautiful. I was lucky--this was my second time doing it.

The site: www.bridgeclimb.com.au

Hippyt

06-15-2001

Monday, April 04, 2005 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hippyt a private message Print Post    
Yeah,I hope to do it one day. I imagine the view is fabulous. Never occured to me about cameras falling though,lol. Good idea.

Texannie

07-16-2001

Monday, April 04, 2005 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
How incredible!

Max

08-12-2000

Monday, April 04, 2005 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Max a private message Print Post    
Cool! When I was in Sydney, my friend did the climb and loved it. I didn't go because it was a bit too soon after breaking my ankle to think about climbing anything higher than a curb. :-)

Great picture! :-)

Eeyoreslament

07-20-2003

Monday, April 04, 2005 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Eeyoreslament a private message Print Post    
Bastable, the BEST proof of you meeting them would have been with you included in the picture, and then of course the obligatory Photoshop editing out of your face!! LOL

The climb looks beautiful, but heights scare the shznit out out me.

Grannyg

05-28-2002

Monday, April 04, 2005 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grannyg a private message Print Post    
Very Cool!! I looked at the web site and it was gorgeous!! Thanks.

Babyruth

07-19-2001

Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyruth a private message Print Post    
Great pic, Bastable! What a fun coincidence to run into them!
When Ms Sweetpea and I were in Sydney 3 years ago, she did the bridgeclimb while I watched from below with my Mom. Ms Sweetpea loved it and said the view from the top is just awesome.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
That's great!!! As an animal and wildlife lover, I'm totally digging the fact that they were down there to save koalas.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert CA Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: