TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
11th Show, Apr 22

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XL - Winners at War: 11th Show, Apr 22 users admin

"This is Extortion"

Survivor
Survivor (on CBS)

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Sunday, April 19, 2020 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
"This is Extortion"

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Wednesday, April 22, 2020 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
Yay!! Todays the day! Ive always looked forward to Survivor Wednesdays but these days its 10x's moreso… we celebrate with a huge bowl or two of popcorn and pop. Bring it on!!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, April 22, 2020 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Got to love Survivor!

Granny2b

07-07-2009

Wednesday, April 22, 2020 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granny2b a private message Print Post    
I agree, its one day a week that I actually KNOW what day it is and what's on the TV (dvr)!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 22, 2020 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Nobody watched? No comments?

Rvon

12-11-2003

Wednesday, April 22, 2020 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Oh, no!!!! I came on looking for spoilers. Survivor is just starting here now.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, April 22, 2020 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
it was great! no spoilers, best to experience this ep without any :-)

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, April 22, 2020 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Tony won immunity challenge again. Sophie blindsided and voted out.

Mimi

04-30-2009

Wednesday, April 22, 2020 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mimi a private message Print Post    
Exciting episode!

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, April 22, 2020 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Sophie told them all as she left that she had an idol in her pocket too. That was a great blind side.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, April 22, 2020 - 9:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Tony is now firmly in control of the game. Huh! And it's kind of hilarious how he got there.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Thursday, April 23, 2020 - 5:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I'll be very interested to see if Tony pays back the tokens as he said he would! Also he borrowed three and only won two! I foresee a problem!!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, April 23, 2020 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
According to Jim Early, Tony had the most confessionals ever in single episode in Survivor history (including two-hour episodes) - 18 confessionals!!!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, April 23, 2020 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
When Tony was talking about the extortion and paying "the vig" I had tears from laughing so hard. I absolutely love him!!!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, April 23, 2020 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Very entertaining episode. Those confessionals were funny! I loved watching Tony get what he thought was a reward (LOL), scramble, get the tokens and then win immunity. For a while there I didn't think Jeremy was going to listen to him. Well played!!!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, April 23, 2020 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Tony is hilarious! I would love an ep of just Tony, Tyson, and Rob

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, April 23, 2020 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Pamy - Tony, Tyson and Rob are my three favorite players - EVER!!!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, April 23, 2020 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I would a weekly podcast of those 3 after every ep! I would pay to subscribe!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, April 23, 2020 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
That was a fun episode to watch! Great job by Natalie and Parvatti. I'm sorry Sophie is out but Tony played that well. Jeremy really doesn't trust anyone at this point. Kim impressed me with how easily she saw through Tony's story at the beginning.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, April 24, 2020 - 7:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
One of the biggest issues I have with EoE (besides the fact that it cuts into the 42 minutes of film we get of camp life and challenges) is these people who were voted out of the game having so much control over what goes on with those still in the game. I don't like them deciding who gets an advantage and who doesn't. And I really don't like two girls who never played with Tony extorting him for six fire tokens. Jeff is catching a lot of shit on social media about this so hopefully this will be the last time we are subjected to EoE.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, April 24, 2020 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I can understand why they have EOE, it’s to keep the Robs, Ambers and Tysons who bring on the ratings on our TV,in case they get voted out early. I for one is happy to see EOE bc I like the players there. I do agree with Lexie though, they shouldn’t have that power to determine who or who not gets targeted.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, April 24, 2020 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree that E of E is useful on a best of the best show with all winners as it keeps all of the players somewhat relevant over most of the season (uh ... except the one who quit). For example, it made Natalie and Parvati part of the game and it gave us a great show with Tony.

However, I don't think it works well at all on a regular season with new players.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, April 24, 2020 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I wish these would have been 2 hr eps this season.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, April 24, 2020 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I absolutely disagree 100% with what you said Jimmer. I hate that Natalie and Parvati had the ability totally derail a player's game - especially someone they had NEVER played with. They never thought that Tony would be able to come up with 6 fire tokens and were hoping that he would not be able to compete in the IC and lose his vote at TC. It was an awful twist to the game and Jeff deserves all the hate he is getting on social media.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, April 24, 2020 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I just see it as all part of Survivor. It's like when they randomly switch up the tribes and destroy someone's carefully laid plans and all the advantages that they have worked so hard to achieve. I don't always like that either but it's just part of the game. The objective of the show is to entertain the viewers.

Now if some people on social media hate it then they may have to rethink it for that reason. However, if people hate it, it generates a lot of buzz and the people that hate it keep watching anyway, then it may be a win for Survivor.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, April 24, 2020 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I don't think this is going to be a win for Survivor. The difference being the players expect a tribe swap. It is done every season.

Fans are rightfully pissed that two players (who never ever ever played with Tony in any of their seasons as well as S40) were given power to derail a random player's game.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, April 24, 2020 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The difference being the players expect a tribe swap. It is done every season.

Except the first time they did it.

I'm not sure it's relevant if they had played with him or not. They've seen him play and made the decision accordingly.

Anyway, I understand why some fans don't like it when production becomes too involved in the game. Personally, I don't like the tribe swaps. It takes the fun out the game for me when someone's carefully crafted strategy and solid game play is ruined. Winning becomes more a matter of luck than skill and social play. Then again, some fans don't like it when one player or tribe becomes too dominant. I agree that can be boring as well.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, April 24, 2020 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I think Parv and Natalie wanted as many firetokens as they could get, preferably a number divisible by two, and they reasoned that if anybody could cobble together six fire tokens, it would be Tony.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert CA Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: