TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
7th Show, Mar 25

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XL - Winners at War: 7th Show, Mar 25 users admin

"We're in the Majors"

Survivor
Survivor (on CBS)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through March 26, 2020Scooterrific25 03-26-20  1:25 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, March 26, 2020 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Good point! I'd forgotten that.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, March 26, 2020 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Tokens can be used to buy an advantage on the EoE return challenge. I'm glad Rob found 3 of them and was so sly and clever to hide it.

I was also glad to see Sandra leave the game completely. I didn't want her ruining the family vibe on EoE. She's right that she had zero chance of winning her way back into the game.

I enjoy seeing the EoE footage because most of my favorite players are on EoE now!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 26, 2020 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
SURVIVOR @survivorcbs·3h
Does Sandra have regrets about leaving Edge of Extinction? Why did she make that decision? Listen to what she has to say... #Survivor

https://twitter.com/survivorcbs/status/

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Thursday, March 26, 2020 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I guess I should rephrase, They have no value in the game at EOE.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, March 27, 2020 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I don't view Sandra's leaving EOE as a negative.

Given who her competition is at EOE, she knows she has no chance to win her way back in the game. So why stay? Just to be on the jury? Why live another couple weeks with the barest of necessities? Sandra's game has never relied on her being physical...

Queen's still Queen. I don't think she has anything to prove.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, March 27, 2020 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I disagree...In my book Queens don't quit.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, March 27, 2020 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I side with Scooter.

She could have stayed to finish out her time on the show.

If she is a 'queen', she should act like a queen.

Sandra, even if you have had the full experience twice, you signed on to do the show again, for as long as you could. win lose or draw

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, March 27, 2020 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Sandra JUST finished 39 (?) days on EOE before starting current filming. Survivor wanted HER more than she needed them. Sandra has put in her time, and she is a legend of Survivor. She owes us nothing. She retires as The Queen. Thanks for the entertainment, Sandra, and for finding it in you to appear in two succeeding shows.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, March 27, 2020 - 10:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Sure she signed on to do the show... and the rules of the show allow ppl to leave if they want.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, March 28, 2020 - 1:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think she knew when to cut bait and quit. Actually, she just exercised an option that was within the rules.

I don't see how she would have ruined anything on EOE.

Ethan is taking a big chance if his immune system is bad

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, March 28, 2020 - 2:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The fire tokens do have value at extinct.. See the other thread. We already have Tyson with his peanut butter to get protein.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, March 28, 2020 - 2:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Fire Tokens can buy:

Strategic:
One advantage in the Edge of Extinction return challenge: one token each (up to 3 can be purchased) and Natalie has four...

Idol with full power (only has power if a castaway gets back in the game): 3 tokens

Luxury:

Pizza
Peanut butter
Wine
Cold beer
Hammock

1 token each

Vickie

07-16-2004

Saturday, March 28, 2020 - 3:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
I thought I read that Natalie had bought peanut butter as well as Tyson.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, March 28, 2020 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
See fire token thread. I think Natalie is holding all 4 tokens.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, March 30, 2020 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Good to see, in Dalton's Q&A with Probst, that Jeff I completely ok with Sandra's decision. Had only good things to say.

No link because it contains spoilerish bits.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, March 30, 2020 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Isn't Jeff normally quite harsh with "quitters"? I guess he feels that Sandra has more than paid her Survivor dues.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, March 30, 2020 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Here is what he said.. Nothing spoilerish in this part

The link is in the spoiler thread.

quote:

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: I have to say, I was shocked to see Sandra quit immediately after arriving to the Edge of Extinction. What was behind her decision, and what sort of impact does this have on her Survivor legacy?

JEFF PROBST: I’m surprised that you were shocked. We named the challenge sit-out bench the “Sandra bench!” There was 0.0 chance that Sandra was going to win a challenge against the group of players already assembled on the Edge. We all know that Sandra does what Sandra wants, and Sandra wanted to go home. I don’t think it changes her legacy in any way. Sandra is a legend. She is connected to so many iconic Survivor moments.

When we are casting new players, Sandra is often referenced as an inspiration for why people want to play because she showed you could win this game even if you’re not a physical player. And Sandra did one other thing for the past 16 years… she said yes every single time we called. I wouldn’t even get the words out and she would say, “YES! Whatever it is, YES!” I’m not exaggerating. She had no idea what we were going to ask, she didn’t care. She always said, “Survivor has been good to me, and I’ll be here whenever you need me.” So after 16 years, if Sandra is done, I’m good with that. Goodbye to a true one-name Survivor icon. And now… who will be the second two-time winner?

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Monday, March 30, 2020 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Yes, can Sandra can do no wrong!

Wavewatcher

09-09-2006

Monday, March 30, 2020 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wavewatcher a private message Print Post    
Sandra was voted out...she did not quit. Then she was sent to Edge where it is all about physical challenges. Everyone there is athletic to the extreme. (Rob, maybe not.) Sandra is The Queen, and she will always be The Queen...she doesn’t have anything to prove. 👑.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, March 30, 2020 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Sandra's not going to be "The Queen" much longer. Someone is going to win $2 million and that person will be either the "king" or "queen." I don't consider anyone who sits on the Sandra Bench all season, doesn't play a single challenge and then quits to be a queen. And there are a lot of people out there on social media who agree with me.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Monday, March 30, 2020 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Lexie there's one sitting right here that agrees with you :-)

Happymom

01-20-2003

Monday, March 30, 2020 - 5:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I got a little tired of Sandra calling herself the queen. I do still like her and respect her gameplay. She did make that fatal error trusting Denise. It was a gamble that didn't pay off. She was voted out, she didn't quit. I agree with Wavewatcher. The thing about sitting out, I think that was best for her tribe. Someone had to sit out. Sit out your weakest to increase your chance to win the challenge. It was likely a group decision. And a no brainer to have her sit out. Re the Edge, she had almost zero chance of winning her way back into the game.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, March 30, 2020 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, leaving EOE isnt considered a quit in JP's book :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, March 30, 2020 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
When they added Edge of Extinction, they included a sanctioned way to opt out.

Sandra took it.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, March 31, 2020 - 6:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
And I call total bullshit on that Pamy. When Wendy quit the first season of EoE Probst called her a quitter.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, March 31, 2020 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I appreciated hearing Jeff's take on it. And knowing that Sandra has always been a person who would show up and play or do whatever for the show. I completely understand why she left. She played hard in her own way and there's no way she'd win her way back in. I've never been a huge Sandra fan (in face I was so unhappy when she won the first time), but she entertained me a lot last season and her fellow teammates seem to like her well enough. And she is a queen in many ways -- sitting back and letting others do the work.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, March 31, 2020 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Lexie, that is right and we all debating if she really was. I think I was in the she wasnt a quitter since she was voted out already, this was just an option if she wanted

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, March 31, 2020 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I was on the other side tgen, but in reality, it WAS an option!The only difference I guess was far it was not as clear cut his they might stay in the game, if they were you and did and had not already won.

But retroactively, I think it was ok, as there were two choices on that seadon.. Leave now, or go to EOE. Then, once on EOE they had the option to raise the sail and leave.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, April 01, 2020 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Right Pamy. Wendy and that other guy (I can't remember his name) were considered quitters because they couldn't handle EoE and Rheem had been there since the beginning. That's what pisses me off about Jeff.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert CA Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: