TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Episode 5 - March 11, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XL - Winners at War: Caution Caution - Spoilers Caution: Episode 5 - March 11, 2020 users admin

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Thursday, March 05, 2020 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Let's start with the transcript that Flowerpower did over at Survivor Blows for next week's preview:

Jiffy: Everybody drop your buffs (see Rob)

Rob in conf: This is the part of the game that I really don't like too much, but hopefully the cards fall in my favor.

Michelle in conf: OMG, how did I get stuck on an island with my ex-boyfriend? Laughs

Ginger Note: Now we need to figure out who is Michelle's ex-boyfriend....

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Thursday, March 05, 2020 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Okay … did my research (snooping) and found what I wanted to know>

Michele's ex boyfriend from Survivor is Wendell.

They dated for a short while after he won his million, and she had won a couple of years before.
I think I got that right.

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Thursday, March 05, 2020 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Here's our weekly interview between Jeff Probst and EW.com:

https://ew.com/tv/survivor-jeff-probst-winners-at-war-episode-4-interview/

And here's the teaser that comes at the bottom of that interview:

Dalton Ross: Looks like it’s buff-dropping time! What can you say about next week’s episode?
Jeff Probst: At the continued risk of overhyping… another one-of-a-kind episode with so many moments you can’t believe it’s only one hour.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, March 05, 2020 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I know we had this discussion last week but it has been confirmed by Sarah on Twitter (via Jim Early) that the reason Sandra can sit out every challenge is because the reward and immunity challenges are combined so she is not sitting out "back to back" challenges. If they were not combined, she would have to compete in one of the challenges.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, March 05, 2020 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Correct, Michelle won season 32 and Wendell won season 36.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, March 05, 2020 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
And... according to JE, they are splitting up into three tribes of five next week so Sandra will not be able to sit on the Sandra bench.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Thursday, March 05, 2020 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Lexie, that logic makes no sense to me LOL...they are still back to back challenges!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, March 05, 2020 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
But technically there is a tribal council in between. Don't shoot me... I'm just the messenger. If there was a reward challenge and an immunity challenge - they would be within days of each other and there would be no TC between them.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Thursday, March 05, 2020 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
LOL...I know you are just the messenger, I just don't think it's right. Is that how it is every season and we just don't notice?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, March 06, 2020 - 6:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Scoot, I think so. But a lot of people are saying on social media it is total bullshit that she's sitting out every IC because there is no RC (and there is a Tribal Counsel in between). I wouldn't be surprised if the rule is changed in the future that someone cannot sit out two IC in a row.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, March 06, 2020 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I saw a headline that Sandra dropped out of a Survivor Facebook group because she was getting bullied for sitting out the challenges.

I get why she's sitting out. If she is the physically weakest person on the tribe and the tribe's goal is to WIN the challenge of course they are going to want to sit out their weakest.

TPTB need to change the rule that someone can't sit out back to back challenges... regardless if they are in the same episode or not. I've read that Jeff has clarified that the rule is you can't sit out back to back challenges in the same episode...

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, March 06, 2020 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I agree Cass and I wouldn't be surprised if the rule is changed. I'm assuming they filmed season 41 so the rule would have to be changed for season 42.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, March 06, 2020 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Cass, do we know if she dropped out of Survivors Whispers Premiere (Jim Early's group)? Sandra is getting gutted on that page for sitting out challenges.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, March 06, 2020 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
The article says the name of the FB group is Survivor 2020-Winners at War...

This a a PRIME example why I don't participate in social media... People are so rude and think they can say whatever they want because they are able to type whatever they want to...

Point is Sandra isn't breaking any rules... her tribe most likely collectively decided who was going to sit out... She is playing the game within the rules of the game as they stand now.

Just like people diminishing Chris Underwood's win... Chris played and won the game within the context and rules of his season...

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Monday, March 09, 2020 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
It is like any other challenge/conflict. Everyone who supports the losing side, person, team feels like the other s/p/t didn't play the game fairly!

If what Sandra is doing was against the rules, the producers would not let her do it! You can certainly disagree with the rules, but you can't fault anyone who is using them to personal advantage as long as they are abiding by them!!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, March 09, 2020 - 11:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Really. Hate the rule, not people.

Should Sandra have insisted on playing, despite the rule?

Jeep

10-17-2001

Tuesday, March 10, 2020 - 6:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jeep a private message Print Post    
I don't mind Sandra sitting out, as long as it is a tribe agreement. Now if she were insisting to sit out when they wanted someone else, that's another story. Again, within the rules.

Another thought....maybe the tribe wants her to sit out so she can't claim any part of winning the challenge. If by chance she gets to the end, others can say she did nothing the whole time. Then again, I really can't understand why they don't vote her out NOW!

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Tuesday, March 10, 2020 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I completely agree... Sandra is doing nothing wrong...her tribe is putting forward what they believe is the best people to win the challenges.

I HATE the mob mentality that exists on the internet and especially social media... One reason this is the ONLY website I go to to discuss all things TV.

It's the same with several past winners... Chris Underwood is prime example... He gets a LOT of hate but all he did was play the game with the rules that were dictated by his season.

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Tuesday, March 10, 2020 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Not much in the CBS Press Release pics this week:

Title: The Buddy System on Steroids

The 5 Survivors at EofE (which includes Tyson_

2 pics of the "Drop Your Buffs" segment. I can't tell if the Immunity Idol is in the pics or if there is a challenge as soon as they do the splitting up …. and, as posted above, into 3 tribes of 5.

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Tuesday, March 10, 2020 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Okay … I answered my own question...

There is a picture also of the Immunity Idol

Over at Survivor blows they have time stamps designated by the pictures.

The pic I put up of EofE and the two pics during buff exchange are on the 12th day.

The pic of the Immunity Idol is on the 14th day.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, March 10, 2020 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Just one, or two?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert CA Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: