TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
General Discussion About the Upcoming...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XL - Winners at War: General Discussion About the Upcoming Season users admin

Survivor
Survivor (on CBS)

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, December 19, 2019 - 7:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Looking forward to this one!

My main concern though is that these people know each other and likely have pre-existing alliances that will change the flow of the game.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, December 19, 2019 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I’m thinking Boston Rob will be the biggest target. Did I hear him say he’s competed 5 times. I’ve only seen him twice.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Thursday, December 19, 2019 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
I love boston rob

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, December 19, 2019 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Me too.

Too bad they brought back Extinction Island.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, December 19, 2019 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
They’re big favourites of mine but Rob and Amber will likely be big targets. I’m amazed they convinced Amber to play again.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Friday, December 20, 2019 - 12:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
That's surprising that they CAN play again. Didn't he say he had FOUR beautiful daughters?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, December 20, 2019 - 4:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I am sure they have grandparents. They are not away THAT long.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, December 20, 2019 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm so excited for this new season. I hope Boston Rob and Amber both go far. And Sandra has grown on me. I'm sure they will all be early targets, but I'm hopeful. Will be fun to see these people play again.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, December 20, 2019 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I like knowing them. That said, it gives rise to a weird game dynamic where you are a higher target. But since they are all winners, who will be the highest target? It will be interesting to see.

Mimi

04-30-2009

Friday, December 20, 2019 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mimi a private message Print Post    
I bet Rob & Amber are on different teams at the start of the game. No one would wat them together.

Also I always felt she won because of Rob not from her own game play.

That said I do like her. Love Boston Rob.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, December 27, 2019 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I agree Mimi, I think she won from the help of Rob but I bet she’s learned a lot over the years watching him play b

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, December 27, 2019 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The first time that Amber played (the second season of Survivor) everyone was still pretty clueless about the best way to play the game. They didn't know if they were on vacation, trying to survive or strategizing to win. LOL Amber fit in well with them.

I've mentioned this before but during the third season of Survivor there was this radio station in Toronto with two wacky morning show hosts. They called Amber every morning after Survivor (while she was going to work) and she was so much fun and such a good person about it. She put up with their silliness, had fun with it and offered some insightful comments. She was wonderful.

She played a stronger game the second time around, met a guy who she liked whose intentions were sincere, he remained loyal to her and helped her win the game and she ended up with a million dollars in the process. Not bad!

As I've said, I'm just amazed that Rob convinced her to go back on the show. I don't think she is remotely as much a fan of playing the game as Rob.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, December 27, 2019 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
If you think about it, it's probably easy money for the 2 of them to give a month of their year (Rob = 2 months) for a chunk of money to help their family. So, it probably was not a hard sell with 4(?) girls to raise and send to college, at some point.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, December 29, 2019 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
How close was Idols of the Island filmed to this next season?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, December 30, 2019 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, Season 40 started filming 10 days after Island of the Idols finished.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, December 30, 2019 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Lol, I was wondering bc I thought Rob and Sandra were a little chunky. I was wondering if they were going to get in better shape. Also it seems they’d be at a disadvantage after coming off the last one so soon. Are any of the Island of The Idols contestants playing this next season?

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, December 30, 2019 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well the only one that it could be would be Tommy because it would have to be a winner but he's not playing.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, December 30, 2019 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And the smart players put on extra weight before a season starts.

Amber is certainly not the only winner to be protected by someone on their season. And she is higher on my likeable list than a whole list of winners.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 05, 2020 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So what is this show about tonight? I saw in my TV guide that there is a show but don't see a show thread so I am confused.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Wednesday, February 05, 2020 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
I don't know either, Dipo. I am going to set it to record.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, February 05, 2020 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
TiVo synopsis:

Survivor at 40: Greatest Moments and Players
A look back at the best moments and top players on Survivor.

That's what it was.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Wednesday, February 05, 2020 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
Yes Color. Saw that when I went to set it to record.

thanks

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, February 05, 2020 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
It was okay. Of course, they had to show the dumbest action in Survivor history. Poor Eric! And maybe second dumbest, the guy going home with two idols in his pocket.

Hoping the upcoming season will be good. I don't like many of the contestants.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Wednesday, February 05, 2020 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
It was a refresher course. lol

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, February 07, 2020 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I'm looking forward to this even though I normally prefer all newbies. I have my fingers crossed that the producers will keep their hands clean and not manipulate wins for their favorites. I'm disappointed that the same people are shown in the previews over and over. I'm looking forward to seeing Denise, Yul, Natalie and Tyson even if they aren't producer favorites.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Friday, February 14, 2020 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
I'm currently watching Survivor All Stars. (I think season 8?) And I am amazed that the "All Stars" let Rob and Amber make it all the way to F2. How in the world did that happen? That was even after each of them won a car/truck. When it got to F5, Rupert, Tom and Jenna could have easily voted out Amber. But they didn't. They voted out Tom instead.
It is so interesting to watch the older seasons. Survivor truly has evolved.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 27, 2020 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahaha, I guess Rob is working with HGTV, looks like he is doing a good job on the floors....

Boston Rob @BostonRob · 1h
Build it with Boston Rob Episode 12: Flooring update #LifeProof @HomeDepot @hgtv @CBS

https://twitter.com/BostonRob/status/1265701215

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, June 30, 2020 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Survivor 41 has been cast (all newbies - and NO Edge of Extinction). They have to undergo a 14-day quarantine in Fiji (cast and crew) and then they can start filming. There most likely will not be a family visit this go-round because of the quarantine. They are still shooting for a September premiere date (but I wouldn't be surprised if it is October). But at least we've got something!

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Monday, July 13, 2020 - 7:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Oh wow ... I wasn’t expecting this. Great!!!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert CA Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: