TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Dan and how Survivor is presenting th...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XXXIX - Island of the Idols: Dan and how Survivor is presenting the situation users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through December 11, 2019Juju2bigdog25 12-11-19  7:32 pm
Archive through December 12, 2019Dogdoc25 12-12-19  9:14 am
Archive through December 12, 2019Seamonkey25 12-12-19  4:46 pm
Archive through December 13, 2019Jimmer25 12-13-19  2:13 pm
Archive through December 16, 2019Dogdoc25 12-16-19  10:03 am
Archive through December 18, 2019Roxip25 12-18-19  7:15 am
Archive through December 19, 2019Misspoufy25 12-19-19  9:46 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, December 19, 2019 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
yeah, I have to agree it's hard for me to take them seriously when they purposefully push the "sexy" angle to drive ratings. Hypocrites.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, December 19, 2019 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I went back and watched episode one. There wasn't really anything that conveyed that Dan was inappropriate. Lack of spacial awareness. Uncomfortable. Kellee spoke several times about being a germophobe.

Molly said she was uncomfortable.

But no one implied it was sexual, just that he was "touchy-feely."

The head on thigh... Kellee was laying on her back and he laid down perpendicular to her with the back of his head on her thigh. She asked him to move down. Then she said "are you sweating on me?"

Massage: he touched her back and said do you want a massage? She said no. He removed his hand.

That's it.

Mimi

04-30-2009

Thursday, December 19, 2019 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mimi a private message Print Post    
Thanks Lakecat. I did not know that.

Tweety

04-14-2003

Thursday, December 19, 2019 - 11:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tweety a private message Print Post    
I too, re-watched episode one before the finale last night (mostly so I could remember the players - funny thing could not remember who was voted out first.)

I have a slightly different take away - sweaty Dan massaging Janet - she did not object. Just watching the water pour off him made me cringe.

Then the scene where he put his head on Kellee's lap and she suggested he move his head further down her legs - you could tell she was cringing (as would I actually).

Then another clip - he wanted to give Kellee a massage, asked her she said no but he kept begging.

She was clearly trying to not make waves since it was the beginning of the game

Was it sexual harassment, no. Was it disturbing, yes

Then there was footage of Molly also being upset by Dan touching

Remember, unlike BB we don't have 24 hour live stream so we only see what production lets us see. Furthermore they had at least 5 months to edit before the show started.

What I really wonder is about the timing of pulling Dan. We heard on the reunion last night from Jeff that production knew he would be taken to the end if he remained in the game.

If he remained, would Noura have been voted out next as planned?

Who won the F6 immunity that we didn't see? (I am assuming the "incident" with Dan occurred after this challenge since I don't think there would have been a tribal if the problem occurred after F7 challenge)

The timing of the pull of Dan implicated Janet's game big time, and I think let Noura into the final

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, December 20, 2019 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Tweety, I bet Dan won the F6 challenge

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, December 20, 2019 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Then another clip - he wanted to give Kellee a massage, asked her she said no but he kept begging.

As I recall, she said no, he removed his hand, and that clip ended.

Remember, unlike BB we don't have 24 hour live stream so we only see what production lets us see.

And if it was worse, and they had video to verify that, they would have shown it.

Interesting how we see things through our own lenses. I'll watch it again to be sure.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, December 20, 2019 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I bet Dan's lawyers would not allow incriminating actions to be shown to the world.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, December 20, 2019 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I bet Dans lawyers are busy, as they should be.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, December 20, 2019 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Dogdoc, you don't know that.

In fact, Survivor showed acts that were more vindicating and not incriminating.

Then they kicked him off the show (probably due to THEIR lawyers).

There is no evidence of criminal behavior. Only a difference in personal bubbles. For those of us with small bubbles, we see it one way. For those with larger bubbles, they see it another.

Kearie

07-21-2005

Friday, December 20, 2019 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kearie a private message Print Post    
Could they have kicked him out to avoid putting Kellee and Dan together at ponderosa?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, December 20, 2019 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Kearie, a good theory... but we may never know. They've kept a lot hidden from us.

Mimi

04-30-2009

Friday, December 20, 2019 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mimi a private message Print Post    
I read that after Dan touched the production assistant that they consulted their lawyer(s).

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, December 20, 2019 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
TMZ is running the Dan/Kelly saga. In the comments section people have thoughts and they are not favorable towards Kelly.

Kearie

07-21-2005

Friday, December 20, 2019 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kearie a private message Print Post    
Dan has a law degree and used to practice entertainment law. He was bored pushing paper and he wanted a job so he could be more involved with people. Now he and 4 others co-own a business, so he may not lose his job.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, December 23, 2019 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Kellee's interview on the finale night, where she indicated she thought Dan should have been pulled from the game bothered me. She was specifically asked by production if she wanted them to act and told them no. I realize sometimes people cannot be advocates for themselves in the moment, but I think it makes her look bad overall. So, I'm not surprised if TMZ comments are harsh. That's a tough crowd to begin with.

Ark

07-09-2001

Saturday, January 04, 2020 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ark a private message Print Post    
RHAP has an interview with Noura. At about the 1 hour 30 minute mark she talks about the Dan issue. She says Janet wasn’t totally honest and that Kelley’s issue with him touching her was because she is a germophobe.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, January 04, 2020 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That appears to be substantiated by the scene on the beach where her stated concern seemed to be that his hands may be dirty.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, January 04, 2020 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
She didn't mind other people touching her, so I'm not sure that's correct. Unless her perception was that he was more "unclean" somehow than the others?

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, January 04, 2020 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm just going by what she actually said in that scene. Of course, she may have been using that as an excuse to try to avoid making waves at that point.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, January 04, 2020 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I would not want Noura to explain anything about me to anyone.

And if someone asks another person to stop some behavior, their interactions with other people are simply not relevant.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, January 04, 2020 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I agree, Sea, except this isn't about whether Dan *should* heed her request.

I'm just saying that it doesn't make sense to me that the reason she was bothered by Dan was "germophobia" because germophobes are generally bothered by everyone.

So that is relevant to me.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert CA Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: