TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 15, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XXXIX - Island of the Idols: 8th Show, Nov 13: Archive through November 15, 2019 users admin

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, November 14, 2019 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I thought that this was an excellent recap of last night's episode(s). Including Jamal's wonderful speech.

https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2019/11/survivor-island-of-the-idols-episodes-8-and-9-we-made-it-to-the-merge-recap/

Thankfully, Jamal was there to shut that down:

“No, no: This whole idea of, If this was actually an issue than I would have heard about it, he would have heard about it—that’s exactly what happens in the real world, guys. This is exactly what happens in the real world when a woman brings up a charge and people want to negate whether or not it’s legitimate, they say, like Well, if it’s such a big issue, then she would have brought it up last year, two years ago, three years ago. We are not entitled to know things just because we’re men or just because we’re in power.”

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, November 14, 2019 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Thanks so much, Kooklie!

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Thursday, November 14, 2019 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Wh!e do I look for the Ponderosa videos? TIA

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, November 14, 2019 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Jamal as my favorite, hated to see him go.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, November 14, 2019 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Missy, posted a long Im sorry tweet. Liz silent on twitter.

So sad to see Jamal go. At least he is loved and respected.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, November 14, 2019 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Can someone bring the Missy tweet over? I'd like to see it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, November 14, 2019 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I haven't see anything from Missy as yet and heard that Elizabeth posted an apology on Facebook.... Here is Aaron's...
Aaron Meredith
@ACM_Fitness
Part 1 of my apology #survivor

https://twitter.com/ACM_Fitness/status/1195042884065648641

Aaron Meredith
@ACM_Fitness
·
8h
Part 2 of my apology. #survivor
https://twitter.com/ACM_Fitness/status/119504232

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, November 14, 2019 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Jeff Varner
@JEFFVARNER
·
51m
OK. I watched it. Shit like that requires time to process. But for those asking for my immediate thoughts. Here. #survivor

https://twitter.com/JEFFVARNER/status/1195165650131525632

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, November 14, 2019 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Janet Carbin From Survivor 39
@Carbin39
·
14h
I want to thank you for all of your support. It was a very difficult time, however I do love and care for my fellow survivors and I don’t want to see them negatively affected by anything that is said from the game. Thanks everyone

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, November 14, 2019 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I google Survivor Ponderosa and their name, for instance to find Kellee's, google Survivor Ponderosa Kellee. It came right up, and same thing for Jamal after that. I watched both today.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, November 14, 2019 - 8:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
One thing that I have been thinking about is that the sequence of events feels really off to me.

They did that whole black screen thing about talking to everyone and to Dan specifically, but no one was acting like anything had happened at all afterward. They were all happy go lucky and moving on.

So I just wonder if the edit is out of order because by the time we got to the second TC Dan was clearly impacted by it.

Plus I sort of feel sorry for all the mixed messages that seem to have been sent. If I was Dan I would stay far away from all these women going forward and I am really annoyed with the ones who exaggerated their claims making Kellee feel that hers were not valid.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, November 14, 2019 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://mobile.twitter.com/ACM_Fitness/status
/1195042884065648641

Aaron apology part 1

Kellee is new on twitter, liked Aaron's apology.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, November 14, 2019 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Check out @ebeisel34’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/ebeisel34/status/1195155033123434497?s=09

I could not get it to copy, but she apologized to several people.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, November 14, 2019 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Kellee Kim
@kellee_kim
·
8h
This is why it was so difficult to stand up, because even when you do and there is video evidence, your words are still "claims" and "alleged"

The wording of this article is NOT okay and perpetuates the doubt in those who decides to speak up #survivor #survivor39
@roundhoward
Quote Tweet

Hollywood Reporter
@THR
· 10h
CBS and MGM provided THR with a joint statement about the latest #Survivor episode and the misconduct allegations surrounding a contestant: "A formal warning was also given to the male castaway in question." Read full statement: http://thr.cm/DPjxc5

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, November 14, 2019 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://mobile.twitter.com/ACM_Fitness

Part 2 is up now for Aaron..

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, November 14, 2019 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Finally..

Missy Byrd (@themissybyrd) Tweeted:

https://t.co/yIyLneCWYF https://twitter.com/themissybyrd/status/
1195145200072413185?s=20

Not getting great reception, so far.

Bbpeach

07-06-2005

Thursday, November 14, 2019 - 9:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
Dipo, I was wondering the same thing. If they talked with the whole group together and individually, how could Aaron say he had no idea this was happening? Makes no sense.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, November 14, 2019 - 9:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
blast from the past...I was reading the comments under Missy's tweet and saw our old tvcher,Ladytex. She is not happy with Missy or her apology.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, November 14, 2019 - 9:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I saw that, too, Pamy. She commented on another one as well. Elizabeth..

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, November 14, 2019 - 9:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
also interesting that Missy and Liz apology tweets have less than 900 likes...by contrast here is a tweet from the incredible Jamal...it has 4.4K likes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

his tweet....I cant reply to all who've sent me such encouraging messages. Please accept this as my gratitude for your kindness and support. This wasn't fun for us to watch either. We've talked about it for months and are doing our own healing. Be kind and patient with all of us. No shaming.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, November 15, 2019 - 7:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I wouldn't want Dan anywhere near me.

Why would he feel that it was ok to stick his hand in somebody's hair? Oh, that's right. He just washed it in the ocean.

Even at Tribal, he explained that when you go to pass someone, you might touch them. To demonstrate he stood up and rubbed his hand the whole way down someone's arm. I forget who it was.

To pass someone, you tape them on the shoulder, you do not give a total arm massage.

Missy and Elizabeth make excellent Mean Girls.

Jamal, you will be missed.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, November 15, 2019 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Dipo, I agree with you about the editing being off. I thought it was really odd after we got the black screens that everyone seemed hunky-dory with Dan. Something about the editing and the series of events seemed way off.

And why was Aaron issuing an apology on Twitter? I must have missed something.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, November 15, 2019 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Actually I didn't like Jamal until the last two weeks. I thought in the earlier shows that he came off as arrogant and controlling. He seemed like he thought he controlled his original tribe and when the others expressed opinions he shut them down, and he acted petulant when he didn't get his way. Nice to know that he wasn't what he seemed (at least to me) on the earlier shows.

I don't know, I seem to remember in one of the conversations at tribal council one of the women saying "that meeting today was all about Dan" - perhaps Missy or Liz saying something to Janet?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, November 15, 2019 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Huh. I don't remember what Aaron said that he needed to apologize for.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Friday, November 15, 2019 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I hated that Janet was the victim of their manipulation. She was played. I like Janet.

And Jamal? What a great speech! I was so sad that they voted him out after that.

It's worth repeating Karuuna's post. I agree 100% and felt exactly the same way.