TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
5th Show, Oct 23

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XXXIX - Island of the Idols: 5th Show, Oct 23 users admin

"Don't Bite The Hand That Feeds You"

Survivor
Survivor (on CBS)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through October 23, 2019Seamonkey25 10-23-19  9:58 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, October 24, 2019 - 2:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
First Karishma called her former tribe members "bullies" because they dared to vote for her at tribal. Horrors!

And then the pity act went on to describe a boring marriage - more horrors!

Don't you all just feel so sad for her that you want to reward her with a million dollars?

Can this personal injury lawyer act or what?!

Sorry but I really do not care for Karishma. Her previous tribe weren't bullies. They just didn't fall for her act and she didn't like that. Bye bye Liaro. She will be the end of you.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, October 24, 2019 - 6:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Firebird, I think it was Karishma who said Applebee's was her favorite sit-down restaurant.

Applebee's is, by far, one of the most disgusting chain restaurants on the planet. But I guess if you haven't eaten for two weeks it is delicious. Don't even get me started on how the Survivors are raving about how much they love Applebee's (anything to please the sponsors for their product placement). No one loves Applebee's.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, October 24, 2019 - 7:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
The food did look good.

I had to look up what was in a 'Shark Bowl".

Noura's howling laugh was right out of a horror movie.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, October 24, 2019 - 8:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
That might go down as one of the stupidest moves on Survivor ever - at least from a viewer's standpoint. I can see the value in keeping a vote, and in keeping a weaker player, but to hamstring your tribe with a player that has been shown to be terrible at challenges and already has flip-flopped openly - I suspect the tops of Rob and Sandra's head almost blew off! I wish they would write a blog after each episode with their thoughts on the tribal council.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, October 24, 2019 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
A blog is a good idea Roxip!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 24, 2019 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I love Applebee's. Our local one is awesome, the food is always very good, and they do amazing fundraisers for the community. :-)

I agree that it was a stupid move to not vote out Karishma. It's too early to worry about the merge, since you could be the next one to go. But I guess they figure they have two more votes where the majority is safe (because they will turn on Karishma).

However, if they are now splitting reward and immunity challenges, they won't get rewards either.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, October 24, 2019 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I get what you're saying Roxip but they didn't even need Karishma's vote. They were already 5-3 after the merge.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, October 24, 2019 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Karishma from the CBS cast bios --

quote:

Why do you think you'll "survive" Survivor?
I feel like I was born to play this game. I've always craved challenges that help me learn more about myself, and I know deep down that I do have the physical, mental, and social skills to outlast, outwit, and outplay anyone.

Looks like she doesn't know herself very well.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, October 24, 2019 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
my son worked at Applebees for a year during college. They treat their employees horribly. make them skip breaks and lunch, under book servers etc. I told him it was unlawful what they were doing but he just wanted money and went along.

The next year he got a job at PF Changs and couldnt believe the difference in how employees were treated. He got way better tips and worked half as hard.

Ark

07-09-2001

Thursday, October 24, 2019 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ark a private message Print Post    
Does anyone think that the personal things that Karishma shared with her new tribemates made for an uncomfortable evening with her husband (roommate) last night.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 24, 2019 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Pamy, I just remember the worst dinner!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, October 24, 2019 - 9:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL Ark!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, October 25, 2019 - 7:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Ark, my wife and I were both saying that. A little too much information by Karishma.

I haven't liked much of what we have seen of her and I think it was a mistake that they eliminated Tom instead but I have found her interesting in some ways.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, October 25, 2019 - 7:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I wonder if she just made up the story for sympathy or if she is already divorced from him. she lives in america she doesnt have to agree to an arranged marriage

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, October 25, 2019 - 7:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It's true that she doesn't legally have to agree but people still do agree, largely due to tradition and family pressure.

Ark

07-09-2001

Friday, October 25, 2019 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ark a private message Print Post    
I just watched another show about an Indian woman that chose a career over the cultural tradition of accepting an arranged marriage. Her family pretty much ignored her success and only focused on the fact that she wasn't married. I bought Karishma's story hook, line and sinker.

Biloxibelle

12-21-2001

Friday, October 25, 2019 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biloxibelle a private message Print Post    
The best way not to worry about being next is to stay out of Tribal Council. The best way to keep going to Tribal Council is to keep Karishma. Makes no sense.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, October 26, 2019 - 11:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Is anyone else a bit annoyed that Rob seems to always be top dog on the Island if the Idols? Why doesn't Sandra take the lead, offer the player a deal...?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, October 28, 2019 - 6:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Rob has a better contract?

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, October 28, 2019 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
If the original Purple tribe had an agreement to "Stay Purple Tribe Strong" then it behooves the new Orange tribe to continue losing and keep going back to Tribal in order to get rid of the the original Orange Tribe... That way Original Purple will go into the merge with numbers over Original Orange.

I'm sure Original Purple had an agreement before the swap that which tribe had numbers overs the Original Orange they would agree to lose Challenges in order to get rid of Original Orange before the merge...

The Survivor TPTB need to figure out how to stop that from happening...

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, October 28, 2019 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The above is a clever strategy.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, October 28, 2019 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Past history shows that when a tribe loses a challenge just to get rid of an unwanted member, they soon lose a bunch of members.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, October 28, 2019 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
That's the point... they are okay with losing the next 2...

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, October 28, 2019 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
When does jury start??

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert CA Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: