TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Episode 4 - October 16, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XXXIX - Island of the Idols: Caution Caution - Spoilers Caution: Episode 4 - October 16, 2019 users admin

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Thursday, October 10, 2019 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Opening up the thread late, but today was a very hectic day. Everything I did, had to be redone....grrrrrrrr!!!

Title of Next weeks show - "Plan Z"

Flowerpower, at Survivor Blows, did a summary of the preview for next week.

Jiffy: When romance blossoms
See Dean and Chelsea

Aaron: Dean and Chelsea, that's something that needs to get squashed.

Jiffy: You must protect your secrets.

Then see the Survivors during a challenge, blindfolded, with a caller that is leading them.

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Thursday, October 10, 2019 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Here's the link to Jeff Probst's weekly interview with EW.com and Dalton Ross:

https://ew.com/tv/2019/10/10/survivor-jeff-probst-island-of-the-idols-episode-3/

And the teaser at the bottom of that interview:

Dalton Ross: Tease us up for next week’s episode, sir!
Jeff Probst: Maybe my favorite Island of the Idols visit so far… and to be clear I have enjoyed every one of them. Here’s something I would like to say to those who say I “love” Rob and Sandra too much. For all of my “idolatry” and fawning over them, I want to say it again… we turned over a major part of our show to two former players who are not television producers. Producing a live moment is a very different skill set. They are living on that island and every few days a new player shows up and they get one shot to get it right. And it must be perfect. And to add more pressure, it’s inside a game worth a million dollars. It would be impossible for me to overstate what a tremendous job they did. They blew us away. So yes, I fawn over them, but I really think if fans understood what they pulled off, they would kneel to the throne alongside me!

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Thursday, October 10, 2019 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Here's a link to the YouTube.com preview for next week's show (the one that Flowerpower did a transcript for up above):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6QvIO69Bbo

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Thursday, October 10, 2019 - 4:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Here's the interview at youtube.com that was done today between Vince and Dalton Ross of EW.com

https://ew.com/tv/2019/10/10/survivor-vince-moua-island-of-the-idols-interview/

Excerpt from that interview:

Dalton: We saw how everyone reacted when you left for Island the Idols, but we never saw what happened when you got back to your tribe. What did you tell them about your visit there? What did you say and what was the reaction?
Vince: I was gone from the camp for about 24 hours — the whole day. And when I got back, I told them that I went to Island of the Idols and was presented with the game. And in this game I had to memorize five different sets of tiles with animals on them. So the five animals were the crab, the salamander, a bat, a shark, and a jellyfish. So I said I had to memorize five sets of these animals, and then remember all those sets in order and then find those sets at night in order on Island of the Idols and get them all lined up correctly. And unfortunately, due to pressure, I wasn’t able to do that and I had to sleep outside without shelter.
So when I got back I made sure to get little wet so that they thought that I was sleeping outside with no shelter. But then to my core alliance of the women — in particular, Elizabeth, Elaine, and Missy — I told them that I lost my vote on top of sleeping outside. So that was the kind of the deal and I don’t know how they took it. I mean there I was hoping that saying I lost the vote would trigger Elizabeth to say, “Oh yeah, dang, homeboy is telling me the truth.” And that’s why I was pushing the women. Like, we have to vote all five votes onto Tom because I lost my vote.

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Friday, October 11, 2019 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Here's our CBS Misdirection clues for the week:

A “SHOWMANCE” COULD CREATE DISTRACTIONS AND PAINT A TARGET ON TWO CASTAWAYS’ BACKS, ON “SURVIVOR,” WEDNESDAY, OCT. 16

“Plan Z”– A “showmance” could create distractions and paint a target on two castaways’ backs. Also, after a visit with Boston Rob and Sandra on Island of the Idols, one castaway has a chance to seize an opportunity to prove their power of persuasion, on SURVIVOR, Wednesday, Oct. 16 (8:00-9:01 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Friday, October 11, 2019 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
CBS Photo Press Release pics are up again for this episode. Only thing of interest I can see in those tiny thumbprints is the challenge preview:

Granny2b

07-07-2009

Friday, October 11, 2019 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granny2b a private message Print Post    
Thank's Ginger!

Ark

07-09-2001

Friday, October 11, 2019 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ark a private message Print Post    
Now I'm even more bummed that Vince didn't stay. I've always wondered why a women's alliance was a big scary thing but a men's alliance doesn't really warrant much conversation.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Friday, October 11, 2019 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
huh?

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Friday, October 11, 2019 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Yeah ... I’m a little lost on that one, too, Denecee .... but I’m sure Ark has a point in there somewhere that relates to spoilers! I mean, after all, this is the Spoiler section, and not the General Discussion section.

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Friday, October 11, 2019 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Here's another link from YouTube that was posting a couple of hours ago … a promo of Episode 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtZ9mx0upRU

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Friday, October 11, 2019 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Thank you Ginger!

Ark

07-09-2001

Saturday, October 12, 2019 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ark a private message Print Post    
Sorry guys, just reading Vince's interview I really liked the way he spoke about the women as equal players in the game rather than automatically relegating them to the "weaker sex" role. I liked that he spoke up when Aaron started telling the women what they were going to do and assigning them "women's work". That made me think about how when a few women are seen in a group the men always make a big deal about a women's alliance but the women rarely talk about worrying about a men's alliance when they are around camp in groups. It seems that the men usually assign the gender roles in camp and then they fear what they helped to create. I liked that Vince rejected those role assignments.

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Saturday, October 12, 2019 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Ark ... that’s all good ... and thanks for sharing.

I see now why you put it in the Spoiler thread, because that’s where Vince’s interview was posted ... 👍👍

Kearie

07-21-2005

Monday, October 14, 2019 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kearie a private message Print Post    
read:https://www.goldderby.com/article/2019/survivor-preview-trailer-spoiler-aaron-meredith-showmance-dean-kowalski-elizabeth-beisel/

I hope someone can shrink the link for me?

Episode 4 spoilers. Does Lauren refuse to go to Island of the Idols?

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 - 4:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kearie for the help.

In the CBS misdirections which I posted just above the pics in this thread, it says somebody visits Rob and Sandra and gets to prove their power of persuasion.

So, somebody does get to go ....

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert CA Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: