TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
3rd Show, Oct 9

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XXXIX - Island of the Idols: 3rd Show, Oct 9 users admin

"Honesty Would Be Chill"

Survivor
Survivor (on CBS)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through October 09, 2019Dipo25 10-09-19  5:54 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, October 09, 2019 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ut oh, secret talking from the girls, hahahahaha.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, October 09, 2019 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Voting..... some are still going with the split the vote plan.... Oh no, Vince does not play his II, hope this doesn't hurt him.

Votes... Tom, Karishma, Karishma, Karishma, Vince, Vince, Vince, Vince, Vince.

OMG< he goes home with an idol !!! I can't believe he didn't use it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, October 09, 2019 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
But now, the girls still have the votes to run the camp.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, October 09, 2019 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
great challenge!!! I love Missy! I think this is the 1st girls alliance since the year Kim won that will go the distance

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, October 09, 2019 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
so bummed Vince left. I like him way better than Karishma

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 10, 2019 - 12:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Same.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, October 10, 2019 - 8:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I have to be honest, I really don't hate the Island of the Idols as much as I thought I would. Now Edge of Extinction is another story - I totally hated that twist <77>

Ark

07-09-2001

Thursday, October 10, 2019 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ark a private message Print Post    
I'm not hating it like I thought I would either. It makes the show very entertaining BUT are we sacrificing show time to see these challenges and missing out on tribal life?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, October 10, 2019 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Ark, it seems like we are not sacrificing as much on tribal life this season like we did last season with EOE. The EOE clips seemed to drag on forever.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, October 10, 2019 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yes it's amazing how they seem to have been able to fit that in and still show a considerable amount of strategy and camp life. Of course, one thing they have done that's different from older seasons is there is no separate reward competition so that saves a lot of time.

Still, they have done a good job editing it and putting it together.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 10, 2019 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They have cut out the "previously, on Survivor" which some viewers are missing, especially early in the season.

I wish they had shown Vince's return and how that was handled.

Wasted idol.

I am enjoying Rob and Sandra.

Sandra teaching the army crawl was a hoot, though the camp terrain and rain did not make that useful.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, October 10, 2019 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL I think Sandra and Rob want to help but they also enjoy messing with them too.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, October 10, 2019 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
So Dean did next to zero on the puzzle but only Karishna is to blame for their loss? How do they figure? Factor in that he looks like Blake from Bachelor in Paradise and it doesn't help my reaction toward him.

Karishma is bleeding and her fellow teammates just ignore her? Sigh - so much for some of my early favorites on that team! Tom and Elizabeth are the last two I'm rooting for.

Someone in production must think newbies are boring so instead, they're showing these silly antics to give Rob and Sandra more air time.
BORING! I want to see what relationships are developing between the people in the game, not between past winners.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, October 10, 2019 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I liked the fact that Vince stealthily crept into the other tribe's camp without being seen, collected a bunch of ashes, and then fell twice in a mud hole on the way home.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, October 10, 2019 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I wondered how Karishma's tribe could just leave her bleeding on the beach.

They didn't even try to approach her.

I guess the cameraman called for a medic.

If the cut is really bad, she might not be allowed to go in the water. It looked like a thin bandage, so I guess the 'hemorrhage' stopped.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, October 10, 2019 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
It was unbelievable that none of Karishma's teammates were checking on her when she's nearly passing out. I have to wonder if they didn't even know she was cut?

I'm going to miss Vince. He was so grateful to be playing the game. I wonder if that will be the new strategy -- vote whoever just came back from Island of the Idols off?

I'm enjoying this season a lot so far. And yes, Dean was of zero help in the puzzle, but he gets a pass???

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, October 10, 2019 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That whole scene looked pretty suspect and edited to me. I can’t believe one or two of them wouldn’t have come over out of curiosity at least.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 10, 2019 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I agree, and on her part, if she could see her bone and was passing out, it was interesting that she was able to not pass out and not touch the injured hand to the ground.

I imagine we will hear more about this in exit interviews.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, October 10, 2019 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
She might have been passing out from fear but there's no way she was passing out from blood loss. Maybe she'd already had a few other "dramatic" moments that weren't shown and the others were tired of it.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 10, 2019 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
One can pass out from just a small amount of blood, actually. It's called a vasovagal reflex, and it's more common than you think. Same reason why some people pass out when they see the cut on someone else's hand.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, October 10, 2019 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Yes, I agree Kar. Some people cannot handle seeing their own or other's blood.

I kind of doubt that she saw her bone.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 10, 2019 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yes, but if she *thought* she did, then that makes the vasovagal reaction more likely.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 10, 2019 - 6:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
My dad was not good with blood.. Luckily Mom could handle it.

Dogdoc, if she was her bone, I think they would have to pull her out.

And if she actually passed out, she would have been on the ground, not poised above, holding her hand up. No doubt she was woozy. And upset.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, October 10, 2019 - 9:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I did pass out the only time I ever gave blood. I had two men, albeit men smaller than me, walking me to a nearby cot, and I heard I took out both of them, AND an active blood donation movable bed with a donor on it. And then several people who saw me go down also passed out. Wish I could have been there to witness the chaos.

Worldtraveller

06-26-2019

Friday, October 11, 2019 - 7:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Worldtraveller a private message Print Post    
I was a little wary about watching this season because I have to watch Boston Rob again for the 83rd time. But I like Sandra and I have a FF button on my remote. I like the season a lot so far, Elaine is entertaining, Missy is great and I like Janet and Jason. Jack, if he makes it to individual immunity challenges will be hard to beat. I've noticed him in the comps and he is a smart stealth player.
Am I the only one that mutes Jeff during the comps, ugh.
I guess no one tries to fish anymore since food rewards are almost every week.
FYI....Survivor shows in Europe are so different, hardly any yada, yada and comps. Like season 1.

The bleeding thing was a little suspect to me as well. Can't believe she would be ignored by everyone, unless she is a drama queen behind the scenes we are not being shown. Editing?

Did they go to the LA County Courthouse to get these people? How many personal injury lawyers are on this season?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, October 11, 2019 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Juju, how scary and kind of funny that you took out 2 guys going down :-)

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, October 11, 2019 - 5:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
LOL, Juju on your blood donation story!

Worldtraveler - I was wondering what the odds were that two of them are admissions counselors. I hadn't noticed how many lawyers there were.

One last complaint and I'll be done. I HATE when their product placement for the season is underwear and they are all forced to be in it. I Don't care for Karishma as a player but I am in total agreement that being in underwear only should not be forced. Have we learned nothing?! Yes, many choose to romp in tiny swimsuits but it is usually their personal choice, not something that is forced upon them.

And I'm off my soapbox . . .

Breanna95838

07-08-2011

Friday, October 11, 2019 - 6:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Breanna95838 a private message Print Post    
Kappy - there seems to be similar occupations, most on opposite teams

Elizabeth (Olympic medalist) and Tom (former NHL) - same team

Missy (Air Force veteran)

Dean (Tech Sales)

Aaron (Gym Owner) and Noura (Entrepreneur)

Vince (Admissions Counselor) and Jamal (College Administrator)

Karishma (Personal Injury Lawyer) and Jason (Personal Injury Lawyer)

Elaine (Factory Worker)

Chelsea (Digital Content Creator)

Lauren (Nanny) and Tommy (4th Grade Teacher) - same team

Molly (Law Student), Kellee (MBA Student), and Jack (Graduate Student)

Janet (Chief Lifeguard)

Dan (Talent Manager)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, October 12, 2019 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Ah.. Well, being a personal injury lawyer, Karishma would likely be able to exploit wrongs, real or imagined...

Worldtraveller

06-26-2019

Saturday, October 12, 2019 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Worldtraveller a private message Print Post    
Product placement underwear? I wasn't aware.
Too much 'visible junk in the trunk' for a few seasons, now I know why.
Wondered why everyone was in their underwear.
Probst own the underwear company too?

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, October 13, 2019 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Breanna - thanks for the list of occupations. This past episode, under Jamal's name, they listed him as an admissions counselor(k-12) which is why I had the initial reaction that I did.

Worldtraveler - the underwear product placement was done at least one other time that I can remember but heck if I could tell you what season it was.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, October 13, 2019 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
If their product placement is actually underwear, it was a fail, as I did not actually see any branding?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert CA Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: