TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 17, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XXXVIII - Edge of Extinction: 13th Show, May 15 Finale & Reunion: Archive through May 17, 2019 users admin

Jeep

10-17-2001

Thursday, May 16, 2019 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jeep a private message Print Post    
Loved Joe's hair as well. Often I thought he should have been next to Johnny Depp in Pirates of the Caribbean. Just looked the role sometimes. Love the bad-boy look! LOL

I wasn't fond of the Edge of Extinction twist, but I sure did enjoy the participants. They kept me interested all the way to the end. And all the ladies were beautiful at the reunion!

Thanks to everyone who posted info during the season, especially Ginger with all the spoilers or non-spoilers as the case may be this year. It adds to the enjoyment of the show. Looking forward to the fall.

Lyn

08-06-2002

Thursday, May 16, 2019 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
Watched the finale this morning only to find out my PVR did not tape the last hour. I had to search online to find out who the F3 were and who won

66mustang

07-01-2011

Thursday, May 16, 2019 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send 66mustang a private message Print Post    
Epic fail season ... as soon as Chris made it to the final three he was a guaranteed winner. There were TEN jury votes from people who had bonded with him on EoE for a loooong time versus only THREE jury votes from people who hadn't been to EoE. Who do you think they were going to vote for?? The final vote of 9-4 was unexpected -- I was pretty sure it was going to be 10-3 ... Survivor producers, PLEASE do not repeat this experiment!

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Thursday, May 16, 2019 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I liked Joe's long hair. It was his signature style if you will. He can/should grow it back out. He is a fortunate man that he has such gorgeous hair!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 16, 2019 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think Chris did much to earn his win, even if he was on EofE with others. He bonded with them, and that's part of the game too. For example, if Rheem had won her way back in, how many would have voted for her?

I think if he had gone against Rick, it would have been a closer vote, but again, it was smart game play for him to choose to take a risk and do fire against him.

I think he played it wisely, and earned the win.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 16, 2019 - 4:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Too many idols...

I was ok with Chris winning, but I liked him more than the rest of the final four and he played well, but without Lauren he would have been gone and he was lucky that Devens returned the half idol.

Lots of tweeters are way less happy with the win.

And so much fluff instead of more reunion with the jury.

Joe can grow his hair out again. I love that he insisted that the money would go to a charity instead of pocketing it.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Thursday, May 16, 2019 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
WAYYYYY TOO MANY IDOLS!

I don't have a problem with Chris winning, because the way this season was set up, he was still in the game.

When he got back to the tribe, he worked it to stay. If he hadn't gone into full game mode, use what he had to negotiate with the others, he would have been voted out right away. But he worked hard, and when the opportunity came to slide to the finals, he worked it again, taking on the frontrunner, and beating him. So good for him.

But I still hated all the idols!

Starr

07-09-2005

Thursday, May 16, 2019 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
》 all the ladies were beautiful at the reunion! 

I agree. And the guys looked great, too - except Jeff. What the heck!!! He wore a pullover gray sweatshirt to the finale. So terrible looking.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, May 16, 2019 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I said he looked like Larry from Three's Company

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, May 16, 2019 - 11:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
So happy for Devens that he was given recognition first by the live audience and then by Sia. He was so deserving!

I did not care for the EOE twist at all. If they had had to compete against each other to stay there each week, it would have been different. AS it was, there's no way that Chris was as emotionally exhausted as the other three in the final four. Devens had to go against a mob mentality at every tribal while Chris was sitting on a beach having conversations. Yes, Chris played well for those last 5(?) days but Devens had played great for 5 weeks. EOE - NOT a good twist!!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 17, 2019 - 1:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think Chris was also one of the main providers on the Edge, diving to catch fish and fire making.

No rewards, no family visits..

Vickie

07-16-2004

Friday, May 17, 2019 - 6:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
If they didn’t get a chance to come back from the island Devens never would of got to play his game. Chris worked it when he came back and was in the game stepping back into camp. None of the players came up with the game rules so they all played it the best they could. I was so happy for Chris I too was blowing for his fire to get bigger lol 😊. I thought Victoria & Gavin played a great game. Devens kept picking the wrong people to align with. So he had to keep finding idols.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, May 17, 2019 - 8:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched all the finale yet but I understand that Devens and Chris had a fire challenge? So basically Chris set it up so that someone from EofE was likely to win no matter what, correct?

Vickie

07-16-2004

Friday, May 17, 2019 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
No the final 3 there was only one person from EoE. Chris wanted the power of beating Devens in the fire contest instead of Gavin. It wasn’t etched in stone who would win that but it was his to chose who would be the one to do it. No one wanted Devens in the final 3 position.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Friday, May 17, 2019 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
I forgot to add Gavin had a real chance to win as he played a good game.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, May 17, 2019 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I thought that Chris knew, because his time was so short, he would have to make a huge move in order to win. Handing off the immunity and doing the fire challenge against Devin was it. Also, he may have thought that Devin would have beaten Gavin and Julie with the fire easily. Then, he would be sitting next to Devin and would not have won. It could have backfired on him, but he was probably right that he was the only one who could beat Devin in the fire challenge. Once Devin got his started, it was pretty close.

To me, Gavin's biggest problem was that he did not take a lot of ownership on the moves that he made. So, it seemed like someone else orchestrated them, when clearly from the edit, he did. It reminds me of the guy at work who does all the analysis and hard stuff, but someone else takes the credit.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, May 17, 2019 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
After watching the show... and my impression of Chris from his pre-season interview with Josh Wiggler on his series First One Out... Chris was my winner pick... I am THRILLED with the season.

The main problem is we didn't get to see his arc... I loved the moment after he won his way back into the game and he and Joe embraced... there's so much we weren't privy to on EoE... the show needed to be at least 90 minutes to show us more.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Friday, May 17, 2019 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Exclusive: Chris Underwood talks winning 'Survivor: Edge of Extinction' over Gavin Whitson and Julie Rosenberg

https://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-chris-underwood-talks-winning-survivor-edge-of-extinction-over-gavin-whitson-and-julie-rosenberg-25844.php

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Friday, May 17, 2019 - 5:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Exclusive: Gavin Whitson talks 'Survivor: Edge of Extinction' -- I'm upset, I thought I'd receive a handful more votes and win

https://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-gavin-whitson-talks-survivor-edge-of-extinction----im-upset-i-thought-id-receive-handful-more-votes-and-win-25845.php

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Friday, May 17, 2019 - 5:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Exclusive: Rick Devens talks 'Survivor' -- I really didn't believe Chris Underwood had a chance to win, the Edge wasn't THAT hard!

https://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-rick-devens-talks-survivor----i-really-didnt-believe-chris-underwood-had-chance-win-edge-wasnt-that-hard-25848.php

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Friday, May 17, 2019 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
OMG --- Joe cut his hair off

Here's a picture of Joe and Sierra who will be getting married this fall.

Joe got his hair cut off behind stage during the Finale as part of a dare from the singer Sia who either texted or called in and said if he would cut his hair off and donate it to a cause for wigs for children with cancer, she would give him $15,000.

So...…...he did it!!!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, May 17, 2019 - 7:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Chris earned the win when he chose to make fire with Devens, that was balzy and I admired it

Flip1025

05-20-2011

Friday, May 17, 2019 - 9:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flip1025 a private message Print Post    
Chris played a good game for 4 days. What about the other 35? Sure-he had no rewards and no family visits, but he also had no worries about alienating people by voting them out. All he had was a good social game. Providing for the EOE people was a lot easier without the pressure of the challenges and tribals. Sad outcome and, IMHO, not worthy of the true survivor game.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, May 17, 2019 - 9:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Wait,did they show on the finale that Joe cut off his hair DURING the finale, and I totally missed it? Not sure how that is even possible.

Kearie

07-21-2005

Friday, May 17, 2019 - 9:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kearie a private message Print Post    
I thought Joe didn't take the money offered. I heard he asked to donate the money to charity. Anyone else hear that?
Perhaps I misread something.