TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
13th Show, May 15 Finale & Reunion

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XXXVIII - Edge of Extinction: 13th Show, May 15 Finale & Reunion users admin

"I See The Million Dollars"

Survivor 38
Survivor (on CBS)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through May 15, 2019Firebird0525 05-15-19  6:42 pm
Archive through May 15, 2019Cinnamongirl25 05-15-19  8:21 pm
Archive through May 16, 2019Roxip25 05-16-19  11:23 am
Archive through May 17, 2019Kearie25 05-17-19  9:39 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

66mustang

07-01-2011

Saturday, May 18, 2019 - 1:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send 66mustang a private message Print Post    
I'm not 100% convinced that Reem would have lost if she got to the Final 3 instead of Chris. Chris really exploited the "US vs Them" aspect of EoE, and if Reem had been able to do something similar, she would have had a shot. There were ten EoE'rs (nine of whom voted for Chris if I read the numbers properly) and three non-EoE'rs (all of whom voted for Gavin if I read the numbers properly). Reem would have had to retain seven of the nine, a tough but not impossible task. (I still dislike the concept, and hope it is not repeated, but if so, don't overstack the jury with EoE'rs ...).

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, May 18, 2019 - 5:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Kearie, I read he gave the money to charity also

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, May 18, 2019 - 5:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Juju I think he did it after the show. I saw it on the news and online

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Saturday, May 18, 2019 - 7:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Follow-up on Joe and hair cut

In an Instagram just before the hair was cut he said he had always said he would only cut his hair off for charity. So, he said he would cut it off if only the hair and the dollars went to charity.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 18, 2019 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Joe came out during the finale and Jeff asked what kept him from winning and maybe it was the hair. Joe made a Samson joke. Jeff said his hair stylist was on set. As he walked away, Joe was saying something about not being opposed.

It was only on CBS2 11 o'clock news in Lo s Angeles that they did the story about Sia and showed Joe, holding his swatch of curls and sporting shorter hair.

I always record that news on Survivor finale nights, in case the show runs over (it did not this time) and because they usually have the results or have the winner there.

For once we get something live on the west coast!

Kearie

07-21-2005

Saturday, May 18, 2019 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kearie a private message Print Post    
`Thanks---I thought I was nutso for a minute.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, May 18, 2019 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Me too.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, May 19, 2019 - 3:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
If you watch the Ponderosa, it seems like Reem got along well with everyone. Maybe Keith and Wendy brought out the worst in her. I think if Reem wins her way back into the game, she wins those votes.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, May 19, 2019 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That would have been horrible.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, May 19, 2019 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yeah I mentioned in an earlier episode thread that whoever came back could have a big advantage with the jury if they made it to the final three.

E of E was an interesting experiment but I wouldn’t want to see it again. Plus it was obviously designed to give Joe a better chance of winning.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Monday, May 20, 2019 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
And Jimmer...what would be wrong with that?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, May 20, 2019 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL it’s funny you know. CBS keeps working with its popular reality stars and trying to find a way to help them win. They brought Rob back a zillion times before he finally won.

I know we’re joking about this but I actually don’t think there’s anything wrong with that. These players are popular and well liked for a reason. If they do win, they have earned it.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, May 20, 2019 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I also think both David and Aubrey had a chance at winning if they had managed to return to the show...never was impressed by Kelly so I'm meh on her chances.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, May 20, 2019 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Well 9 out of 10 EoE jurors voted for Chris so I think whoever from EoE wins their way back wins the game. Unfortunately, this twist was created to help Joe win.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Monday, May 20, 2019 - 4:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Exclusive: Julie Rosenberg talks 'Survivor: Edge of Extinction'-- I kind of played the game with fear, I think that was my downfall

https://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-julie-rosenberg-talks-survivor-edge-of-extinction---i-kind-of-played-game-with-fear-i-think-that-was-my-downfall-25854.php

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Exclusive: Lauren O'Connell talks 'Survivor' and voting for Gavin Whitson -- "Those who were on the Edge were out of the game"

https://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-lauren-oconnell-talks-survivor-and-voting-for-gavin-whitson----those-who-were-on-edge-were-out-of-game-25870.php

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Exclusive: Victoria Baamonde talks 'Survivor' -- Her "revenge" against Gavin Whitson and how Wardog allegedly coached Chris Underwood to win

https://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-victoria-baamonde-talks-survivor----her-revenge-against-gavin-whitson-and-how-wardog-allegedly-coached-chris-underwood-win-25866.php

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Exclusive: Julie Rosenberg talks 'Survivor' -- I wanted to sit next to Chris Underwood in the end, I didn't think he was a threat to win!

https://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-julie-rosenberg-talks-survivor----i-wanted-sit-next-chris-underwood-in-end-i-didnt-think-he-was-threat-win-25907.php

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Exclusive: Victoria Baamonde talks 'Survivor: Edge of Extinction', reveals hidden idol plans

https://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-victoria-baamonde-talks-survivor-edge-of-extinction-reveals-hidden-idol-plans-25904.php

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Exclusive: Rick Devens talks 'Survivor' -- I didn't find an idol in less than six hours of searching, except for the last one

https://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-rick-devens-talks-survivor----i-didnt-find-an-idol-in-less-than-six-hours-of-searching-except-for-last-one-25888.php

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Exclusive: Chris Underwood talks 'Survivor' and explains how he feels he convinced Lauren O'Connell to play her idol for him

https://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-chris-underwood-talks-survivor-and-explains-how-he-feels-he-convinced-lauren-oconnell-play-her-idol-for-him-25886.php

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Exclusive: Lauren O'Connell talks 'Survivor' -- Giving Chris Underwood my idol was a move I made for me, not for him!

https://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-lauren-oconnell-talks-survivor----giving-chris-underwood-my-idol-was-move-i-made-for-me-not-for-him-25883.php

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Bisc, ty for the links throughout the season :-)

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
YVW! Here's the last one I missed before:

Exclusive: Gavin Whitson talks 'Survivor' -- I definitely wasn't a goat, but people will believe whatever they want

https://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-gavin-whitson-talks-survivor----i-definitely-wasnt-goat-but-people-will-believe-whatever-they-want-25873.php

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, July 15, 2019 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
sorry Jimmer, edge of extinction is coming back for survivor 40.
Survivor is bringing back Edge of Extinction for the all-winners season

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
If they are bringing back the most despised twist in 39 seasons, they must be trying to make Survivor go "extinct."

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
And to combine the sublime with the ridiculous- they're upping the prize for Season 40 to 2 million for the winner...

http://insidesurvivor.com/survivor-season-40-increases-prize-fund-to-2-million-dollars-39183

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm surprised Jeff hasn't found a way to bring back both Malcolm and Joe Amazing for season 40 (even though they've never won).

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Now this twist I’m sort of intrigued about..

http://insidesurvivor.com/survivor-season-40-to-introduce-new-game-twist-39205

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Interesting, but that may favor pre existing outside friendships or form alliances between players who are not really fan favorites.

I hope they did more footage from Extinction, since much strategy will happen there.

I do think they are mucking up the concept.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt, as it will be an unusual season anyway- why not throw things at them that none of them have encountered before?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I will watch, for sure.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I always watch. The twists and changes are part of the show. I still like it.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert CA Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: