TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Episode 14 - Finale - May 15, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XXXVIII - Edge of Extinction: Caution Caution - Spoilers Caution: Episode 14 - Finale - May 15, 2019 users admin

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Well … here it is. The last episode of EofE and it is a 3-hour program

They sure have a lot to cram into that timeframe … challenge at EofE for a returning player. F6 challenge and TC. F5 challenge and TC. Fire-making part to reduce 4 to 3. Final 3 questions and answers. Am I missing something????

Anyway, here's the weekly interview by Dalton Ross of EW.com and Jeff Probst:

https://ew.com/tv/2019/05/09/survivor-jeff-probst-edge-of-extinction-episode-13/

Dalton Ross: Okay, big three-hour finale coming up next week. What can you tell us?
Jeff Probst: It is fantastic! I’m so excited to go live from Los Angeles one week from tonight and crown the winner of our 38th season! See ya there!!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
It is a lot to cram in but since they don't care about the reunion anymore, it's not unusual for the final episode to run 15-20 minutes over.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I know! I hate that the reunion is only about 30 now.

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Saturday, May 11, 2019 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Here's our CBS Misdirection clues:

Title: "I See The Million Dollars"

AFTER 39 DAYS, ONE CASTAWAY WILL TAKE HOME THE $1 MILLION PRIZE AND EARN THE TITLE OF SOLE SURVIVOR, ON THE TWO-HOUR SEASON FINALE, FOLLOWED BY THE ONE-HOUR LIVE REUNION SHOW, OF “SURVIVOR,” WEDNESDAY, MAY 15

“I See the Million Dollars” – After 39 emotional days, one castaway will take home the $1 million prize and earn the title of Sole Survivor. One castaway’s game will unravel, and someone will get a chance to return to the game, when castaways “living on the edge” go head to head on the two-hour season finale, followed by the one-hour live reunion show, of SURVIVOR, Wednesday, May 15 (8:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Saturday, May 11, 2019 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
From the CBS Press RElease Pictures, we have 4 pics of the EofE challenge where the winner gets to join the Final 5 to make it Final 6:

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Monday, May 13, 2019 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Jim Early at Whispers has a single picture of one of the players

Does that mean she gets the next boot or that he is saying she is the Sole Survivor

For what it’s worth, it’s Lauren.

And he usually puts a green check mark, and it’s not there ...

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, May 13, 2019 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
But..........
He’s also said........
Remember Kelly told everyone at EE that Lauren has an idol.
So, the person coming back would know that.

So, I’m wondering if she’s voted out next. Who knows? Not much info this season.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, May 13, 2019 - 9:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I'm guessing based on what Ginger said about the Jim Early single pic that it means Lauren goes next.

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 - 6:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Funny thing is that a lot of posters throughout Survivor Land think that .....

the EofE returnee is Chris

And that he winds up being Sole Survivor

For instance, Michel at Survivor Blows thinks
Chris will win EofE challenge
At F6 Gavin will get the boot
At F5 Victoria will get the boot with Lauren and Devens playing the last HII’s
At F4 Lauren will win immunity, take Julie and force fire-making between Chris and Devens ... Chris wins
F3 ... Julie, Lauren and Chris
Chris wins Sole Survivor

I really like this scenario because it makes for a very exciting last airing ... but it’s only a guess by Michel ....
And I’m not too sure how the viewing public would take the EofE returnee winning the $$$$$

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 - 7:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
zippidy doo dahh... zippidy daaaaaaaay...

And that's why there will never be another EoE format Ever. Again. The plan was for Joe or David to win the $1 million.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 - 8:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Just another point of view..........................

On the first picture that Ginger posted above with the EofE people standing in a line, notice that only Aubry is looking at the course. Everyone else is looking at Jeff. Jim Early posted this picture today... Initially, he said Aubry came in as the 2nd person from EofE. The only reason he changed it was because of a photo of Chris wearing a red buff skiing. So, in my view, I'm not so sure that it's Chris. It could still be Aubry. Kind of hope so because Aubry would be a better strategy player coming back into the game than Chris.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
That would have been my plan too!

Honestly though this twist was just burdensome...too many people (and no Ponderosa) left in the game for too long. I still think it should have been a weekly elimination match.

IMO there is no strategy at this point in the game...winning challenges is the only way to assure yourself of advancing.

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Kooklie … Jim Early posted something earlier this week that showed a picture of Joe and of Kelly at EofE wearing red buffs. So, he said that his previous idea that Chris wearing a red buff was a sign was no longer correct in his mind (so to speak).

Right now Jim Early has a picture up of Julie and Gavin standing side by side in some line-up and he has a big yellow X across the picture. Somebody asked if that meant "this or that" and he responded that they are not in the final 4.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
My bet would be that whoever comes back from the EofE.........................
would see that Gavin is a threat and want to vote him out or he falls victim to an idol.

His updated cover on the site has Gavin, Devons, Julie, Chris, Lauren and Victoria.... guess he's gonna make his check marks soon... So, he's back to Chris coming for EofE.

And, he says Devins uses his idol at 6.

He also just said that the final 3 banner will be coming later tonight.

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Woohoo

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Well, he’s posted the finale"..".......

Chris returns and wins out all remaining immunity
Devins uses idol at 6... out goes Gavin, but goes out next
Chris choses Victoria as final 3
Lauren beats Julie in fire.......
There you have it.... my bet is Chris wins.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 - 5:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
zippidy doo dahh... zippidy daaaaaaaay...

Of course Chris will win... he's been bonding with the entire jury on Extinction Island for the last month.

Worst. Twist. Ever.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
well..............the other thing to think of is...........................eieieieie
Chris also fed them on EofE because, when he arrived, they were only eating small amounts of rice. He started catching fish.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I want this twist to back-fire on TPTB... I'm hoping whoever returns is the winner. I have to wonder if this twist played out like they thought it would?

I don't want a returnee to win... so I hope it is Chris... or Reem!!! That would be hysterical!!!

I hope they don't mix returnees and newbies again. The newbies are too savvy now to be fooled or mesmerized by returnee... The returnees don't stand a chance any longer.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Cass, Season 39 is all newbies and Season 40 is all "winners" - no more mixing.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I heard about the all winners season... would be funny if both Rob and Amber were on...

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Rob is definitely on. I don't know about Amber. For one thing, it is very hard to get women to go back on the show and who would watch all their children?

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I agree! I know they like to have equal number of men & women... But have there been that many women winners who will go back... that we'd like to see? That want to come back??

female winners, there have been 14.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Any guesses how long (errrr... short) the actual reunion show will be??? Someone earlier said 30 minutes.

Will Keith and Wendy even get a question?? I'm sure Reem will get some air-time... but will the others??

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I could live forever without hearing another word from Wendy...which means she will get a question.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
ohh... she's gonna get a chicken question!!!

Stray_cat

06-21-2006

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stray_cat a private message Print Post    
Looks like the picture is updated per Jim Early's Facebook page...

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Wow. Didn't see that coming...

Stray_cat

06-21-2006

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stray_cat a private message Print Post    
Well looks like the "check" mark was wrong! Jim Early said the info was a little spotty... so I guess that's the case here.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Sounds like it was all bogus. Guess we’ll see.

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Thursday, May 16, 2019 - 6:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Well, it looks like the cast of EofE continued to put out false rumors right up to the very end.

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Friday, May 17, 2019 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
OMG … Joe cut his hair off

Here's a picture of Joe and Sierra who will be getting married this fall.

Joe got his hair cut off behind stage during the Finale as part of a dare from the singer Sia who either texted or called in and said if he would cut his hair off and donate it to a cause for wigs for children with cancer, she would give him $15,000.

So...…...he did it!!!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert CA Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: