TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 14, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XXXVIII - Edge of Extinction: General Discussion: Archive through March 14, 2019 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, December 23, 2018 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
General discussion about the upcoming season. :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, December 23, 2018 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I hope Joe isn't bored voted out early.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, December 23, 2018 - 5:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
with this season it wont matter

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, December 24, 2018 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
The mustache! Oh that mustache!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, December 24, 2018 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
people are speculating that the twist this season is to help one of these fan favs win

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, December 24, 2018 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well Rob finally got his million dollars (though goodness knows he worked hard for it).

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, December 24, 2018 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
agree! Rob worked for it. I know Joe is a great guy but he has never been as interesting to watch as Rob or many others. Out of the returnees I think Aubry was robbed on her season

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, December 24, 2018 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Not a huge fan of Aubry, but things sometimes change.

I tend to enjoy likeable over devious these days.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, December 25, 2018 - 4:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Well, if you read JE, he has pretty much said the upcoming season's twist is a total shit-fest. He also said it didn't work out the way production thought it would and he has no idea how "they will edit it." But the good news is this will be the first and last season of Extinction Island.

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Thursday, December 27, 2018 - 8:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Here's a link to Inside Survivor who has been following since this past summer on the updates to what "Edge of Extinction" is all about

http://insidesurvivor.com/rumor-season-38-theme-and-title-34310

The two latest updates pretty well spells it out:

UPDATED: 07/13/18: Inside Survivor can now confirm that the theme will indeed work like the original Ghost Island concept mentioned above. When a player is eliminated they can choose to quit or go to Extinction Island. Players can leave at any time. There will be two chances for a player to win their way back into the game – at the merge and then around Day 35/36. Extinction Island does not reset at the merge; the extinct castaways who don’t win their way back into the game can continue to live on Extinction Island until Day 35/36 when the second opportunity to reenter arises. Yes, that means pre-merge boots could be living alongside post-merge boots. And yes, that theoretically means the entire cast could still be alive in the game come Day 35/36. It could also mean a player eliminated on Day 3 still has a chance to reenter and win the season.
UPDATED: 07/20/18: Many people have asked how the jury will work in regards to this twist, well, we can finally shed some light on that matter. As I understand it, every eliminated player who chooses to stay on Extinction Island past the merge will be part of the jury (if a player on EI quits post-merge, they will still be on the jury). Yes, that means, theoretically, all 15 castaways not in the Final 3 could be a jury member. It could also mean those eliminated early are voting for people they’ve never met at Final Tribal Council.

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Thursday, December 27, 2018 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Four of the players are returning players. Here's an article from EW.com spelling that out for us:

https://ew.com/tv/2018/12/19/survivor-edge-of-extinction-season-38/

Four returning "captains": David Wright, Aubry Bracco, Joe Anglim and Kelley Wentworth.

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Thursday, December 27, 2018 - 8:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Here's a link to Inside Survivor showing the cast members known so far. They update as more information is known:

http://insidesurvivor.com/cast/season-38-cast-revealed

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Thursday, December 27, 2018 - 8:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Here's the preview of "Edge of Extinction" that was shown at the end of the previous Finale Show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smFTb8qDc8Q

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Thursday, December 27, 2018 - 8:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Nowhere else to put this, but it's a walk down Memory Lane and actually brought me a lot of surprises because you can't remember it all.

Here are the winners being announced since Season one in a video at YouTube.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXNHQYHOm98

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, December 27, 2018 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I loved that Ginger, I had totally forgotten so many of them!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, December 28, 2018 - 7:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I was surprised at how many of those people I have no memory of...sometimes the memorable one was sitting right next to them, right?

I see Todd Herzog and wonder if his life would have been better if he had never won Survivor.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, December 28, 2018 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That was cool to see. Brings back memories. Also how Season 1 was so low key before they realized how big Survivor would become.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, December 28, 2018 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Roxip, I thought the same thing. I wanted to see the people in the final 2/3 before the winner announced in that video

Tribalgirl

03-08-2016

Tuesday, January 01, 2019 - 11:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tribalgirl a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed the 'memory lane' vid with all the past winners. Thanks for posting, Ginger.

Happy New Year to everyone here, hope you are all looking forward to the new season as much as I am.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 13, 2019 - 9:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Cast bios are now in a folder, add anything else you find out.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 14, 2019 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks Dipo!

Realitytvfan

08-06-2016

Sunday, February 17, 2019 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Realitytvfan a private message Print Post    
Looking forward to watching one of my all time favorite shows "SURVIVOR", 3 more days to go :-).

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, February 17, 2019 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Not sure about the twists but ready for this season to get rolling.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, February 18, 2019 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I'm not going to lie. I just like looking at Joe.

Y2krazy

09-17-2002

Thursday, March 14, 2019 - 6:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Y2krazy a private message Print Post    
This is not about this season BUT, was there another season where cast was voted off and then had an opportunity to battle their way back. Or am I thinking about Big Brother? Or am I making up stories in my own befuddled brain....