TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
6th Show, Mar 27

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XXXVIII - Edge of Extinction: 6th Show, Mar 27 users admin

"There's Always a Twist"

Survivor 38
Survivor (on CBS)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through March 27, 2019Firebird0525 03-27-19  5:32 pm
Archive through March 27, 2019Chieko25 03-27-19  9:40 pm
Archive through March 30, 2019Brenda196625 03-30-19  3:24 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, March 30, 2019 - 5:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They quit. And Wendy wasn't really there long.

Her choice, but she doesn't want to admit that she raised the sail/left/failed to stay/quit.. And will probably be rewarded by Sia.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, March 31, 2019 - 3:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I guess we just see it differently. Keith and Wendy didn't "quit" like Naonka and a couple of others have over the years. They were legit voted out at TC. If there was no EI and they went straight to Ponderosa, they would not be accused of quitting.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, March 31, 2019 - 7:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I agree..

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, March 31, 2019 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
yes, Lexie - that's why I said both.

They were voted out and they quit.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, March 31, 2019 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
If there was no EI and they went straight to Ponderosa, they would not be accused of quitting.

I agree. Uh except there was an EI. The game didn’t end at Tribal Council. They weren’t required to leave. They quit.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 31, 2019 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Quit is quit. Doesn't have to be an injury or leaving because your mother is dying or because you don't want to jeopardize a sports career or you just stomp off, but the two of them still chose to leave when they could have stayed and competed (and been on jury).

Keith had been on the Edge longer and had reasonsto think it might be hopeless, though you never know on this show, but Wendy wasn't on the Edge long and was only there with someone who caught fish (and Joe was now there and would undoubtedly fish), had come very close to winning her way back, claims to have loved the challenges, and she chose to raise the sail and walk away. She quit, no matter how she wants to parse words.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, March 31, 2019 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I was very surprised that Wendy quit.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 31, 2019 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
As was I. I am not a fan, but did respect especially her performance in that last comp!

Maineiac

08-24-2009

Monday, April 01, 2019 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maineiac a private message Print Post    
If Keith and Wendy had chosen to turn right instead of left after they were voted out, would that have been considered quitting?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, April 01, 2019 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I still think it's both. There's no black and white here.

If you have a chance to get back in the game, and you don't take it, you're choosing not to compete. And that's still a kind of quitting, whether you previously had been voted out or not.

They even call it raising the white flag... ie, surrendering and ceding victory to someone else.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, April 01, 2019 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
If Keith and Wendy had chosen to turn right instead of left after they were voted out, would that have been considered quitting?

Yes.

Maineiac

08-24-2009

Monday, April 01, 2019 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maineiac a private message Print Post    
I agree.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, April 01, 2019 - 5:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I'd like to hear if JP considers this a quit. He, being the exec producer, is really the definitive answer. Has anyone seen him answer this question?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, April 01, 2019 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I just can't see how people see this as anything other than quitting. They were offered the opportunity to continue playing the game and they decided not to continue. They quit.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, April 02, 2019 - 2:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Exactly.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, April 02, 2019 - 5:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Pamy, I will post this question on his Q&A with Dalton on Thursday morning. When I had a question about the Idol Nullifier and whatshisname being able to use the second idol if he still had it, Jeff and Dalton did an update Q&A to answer my question.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Tuesday, April 02, 2019 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Jimmer I totally agree with you!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, April 02, 2019 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Lexie, ty!! that is so cool Dalton answered you!!

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Tuesday, April 02, 2019 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
'Survivor: Edge of Extinction' castaway Keith Sowell reveals alleged real cause of Chris Underwood feud

https://www.realitytvworld.com/news/survivor-edge-of-extinction-castaway-keith-sowell-reveals-alleged-real-cause-of-chris-underwood-feud-25607.php

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, April 02, 2019 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
He quit, no matter how he parses words.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, April 02, 2019 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Good article, Bisc. Thanks.

Jeep

10-17-2001

Wednesday, April 03, 2019 - 6:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jeep a private message Print Post    
Yes, very interesting article. And I agree that they quit. To me, it's a no-brainer. If you can continue (in any manner) in the game and decide not to, you quit.

I am really bummed that Joe was voted out. He's one of my favorite contestants if not THE favorite. Good looking, sexy and nice to boot! My eye candy is gone.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, April 03, 2019 - 6:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Joe was my fav too!

Tribalgirl

03-08-2016

Wednesday, April 03, 2019 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tribalgirl a private message Print Post    
I agree Jeep and Texasdeb, Joe is fine to watch, as was Chris, now they have all that loveliness piling up on Exile, for the benefit of Reem? oh, my. and truly she does not seem able to appreciate things they way I do...Aubry, I'm sure, will be enjoying life with those two boys. :-)

Tribalgirl

03-08-2016

Wednesday, April 03, 2019 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tribalgirl a private message Print Post    
oh! and while I'm here...I'm in the "they quit" camp. Not that I was surprised. What surprises me more is that Reem is hanging in there. She may be a misery, but she's one tough old scrap of pie crust...

Lyn

08-06-2002

Wednesday, April 03, 2019 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
Agreed! They quit

lol Tribalgirl, "one tough old scrap of pie crust..." Can I borrow that line? Please?

66mustang

07-01-2011

Wednesday, April 03, 2019 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send 66mustang a private message Print Post    
Does anyone believe that the four EoEers are really "on the jury"? If so, that will make for an EXTREMELY cumbersome 13-person jury at the end. More likely to me would be that when the next EoE "back into the game" comp takes place, Jeff will say that one player gets back into the game, the rest go home and that the "real jury" starts with the next eviction ...

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, April 03, 2019 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
dang I think I may be out the game, not looking good for Devins

Kearie

07-21-2005

Wednesday, April 03, 2019 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kearie a private message Print Post    
I hear LL is great fun.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, April 03, 2019 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
The trouble with this season is we dont really know the players. I had no emotion about eric going. In fact there are only about 5 players I feel I even know this season

Kearie

07-21-2005

Wednesday, April 03, 2019 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kearie a private message Print Post    
That's true, we don't know many of them.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, April 03, 2019 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Im surprised Lauren wasnt injured from the fall. she hit so hard, poor thing

Chieko

11-20-2003

Wednesday, April 03, 2019 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Yes, 66mustang, I also wondered if that was a permanent jury. Maybe just for now to keep them updated in case they get back into the game.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 04, 2019 - 12:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I don't think Jeff would call a non-jury a jury..

The only emotion southeRn leaving was yay, Rick was blindsided, but also thought I had no idea who Eric was. Also happy that Kelly and Lauren didn't use their idols.

David was smart to keep his half of that shared idol.

But then I saw that Victoria voted with the group and I do know who she is, but not fond of her.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert CA Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: