TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 08, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XXXVIII - Edge of Extinction: Caution Caution - Spoilers Caution: Spoilers (General Thread - Whole Season): Archive through March 08, 2019 users admin

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Wednesday, February 13, 2019 - 5:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Inside Survivor has pretty much all the information as to what makes "Edge of Extinction" different than other seasons:

http://insidesurvivor.com/rumor-season-38-theme-and-title-34310

UPDATED: 01/02/19: The Extinction Island twist will not be revealed to the entire cast up front. A player will only become aware of the twist once they are voted out. The players remaining in the game will not find out about Extinction Island until the merge when Jeff Probst brings out the eliminated castaways for their first opportunity to win their way back into the game. Think back to the Outcasts twist in Survivor: Pearl Islands to get a sense of how this might work. The winner of the challenge will reenter the game and join the merged tribe. The losers can choose to continue living on Extinction Island or quit.

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Wednesday, February 13, 2019 - 6:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Survivor 38 "Edge of Extinction" premieres on Wed Feb 20, 2019 (ONLY ONE HOUR!) and the Finale is Wed May 15, 2019.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, February 13, 2019 - 6:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Alginger, I never read the spoilers because I like to be unspoiled when I watch. Out of curiosity, were the spoilers last season pretty accurate as to who were being voted out each week and who the final 3 would be?

Thanks in advance!

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Wednesday, February 13, 2019 - 6:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Here's the link to Inside Survivor regarding the four captains who are all returning players:

http://insidesurvivor.com/cast/season-38-returning-captains-revealed

Four returning "captains": David Wright, Aubry Bracco, Joe Anglim and Kelley Wentworth.

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Wednesday, February 13, 2019 - 6:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Here's the link to Inside Survivor showing all 18 players for the season

http://insidesurvivor.com/cast/season-38-cast-revealed

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Wednesday, February 13, 2019 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Interview with Hollywood Reporter and Captain David Wright and the trick he has planned.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/survivor-edge-extinction-david-wright-preseason-interview-1182784

Excerpt from the interview regarding his trick advantage idea:

"...create and deploy a fake advantage. Survivor currently exists in an era filled with many idols and other forms of advantage circulating throughout the game, including but not limited to players finding second votes, steal-a-votes, idol nullifiers, and idols that can only be played at specific moments in the game. For his new, nefarious plot, David wants to introduce a plausible sounding advantage, except it's anything but legitimate.

"We call it the 'Sole Vote' advantage," David says, giving credit to his girlfriend for helping hatch the plot. In advance of crafting the plan, he has come up with a pre-written set of rules a player would find when they discover this false advantage, sketched out in penmanship even the Survivor forgery team would have a hard time discerning. It reads: "Congratulations. You have found the Sole Vote Advantage. This allows you to cancel voting at Tribal Council and send home any person of your choosing. If you intend to use this advantage, you must reveal it at Tribal Council and announce who you are sending home before any votes are cast."

"I'm hoping it will create a rift between two people," David explains. "They can have their war, and I'll just be on the sidelines, like Littlefinger from Game of Thrones. I want to make some things happen that leave me safer than maybe I would be otherwise."

In terms of how best to create and hide the "Sole Vote Advantage," David has a few ideas: "It would be [made from] some kind of parchment or some kind of burlap from a rice bag. I would go off in the woods at night, paint it as best as I can, make it look good, get the centered font… and then I'd roll it up with some beads around it, and hide it either in the treemail hut, or maybe it would be fun if I'm on a reward with some other people and I can hide it surreptitiously in one of the bowls so someone can find it. I've also thought about tying it under the shelter, the way they've done with idols. Who knows? I'll have to figure it out while I'm out there."

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Thursday, February 14, 2019 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Here's the link to an excellent interview between Dalton Ross and David Wright … very interesting.

https://ew.com/tv/2019/02/14/survivor-edge-of-extinction-david-wright/

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, February 17, 2019 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
If I understand this theme correctly, there may not be a lot of Ponderosa videos if they decide to stay at Extinction Island. Fortunately, this season didn't end the way production wanted it to so this will be the first and last season for Extinction Island.

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Sunday, February 17, 2019 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
That’s the way I understand if also, Lexie. Poster at Survivor Blows said they thought this may have been another idea to save on production cost.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, February 18, 2019 - 6:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I don't think it had anything to do with saving on production costs. I think this theme was to help one of Jeff's "four favorites" win the game (assuming they would be the early boots).

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, February 18, 2019 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I agree with Lexie. I would think it would cost more to have additional crews at EI and loser lodge because some players can deccide to quit and not go to ei

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Monday, February 18, 2019 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
All good thoughts.....

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, February 20, 2019 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
This is from Whispers:

The first challenge will take place at the merge with the winner leaving Extinction Island and joining the merged tribe as a fully-fledged active member of the game once again. An important detail, however, is that the losers of the challenge will not be sent home – they still have the same option of remaining on Extinction Island in the hopes of another chance to return.

The second challenge is believed to take place around Day 35 – supposedly when five castaways are remaining in the actual game. The winner of the challenge will leave Extinction Island and rejoin the game, turning the final five into a final six. After this, Extinction Island is over, and the losers of the challenge will head to Ponderosa where they will become members of the jury.

All of this means that, feasibly, a player eliminated on Day 3 could win one challenge on Day 35 and get back into the game and join the final six.

Any eliminated castaway who chooses to stay on Extinction Island after the merge automatically earns a spot on the jury, regardless of whether they decide to quit after that point or not. That means if nobody quits (or is medically evacuated) pre-merge then the entire cast could be present at the Final Tribal Council – with 15 jurors and 3 finalists.

However, anyone that quits pre-merge or chooses to leave after losing the first return challenge will not be a part of the jury. Those people will permanently leave the game and take part in the pre-jury trip like in a regular season.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, February 20, 2019 - 9:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Ladeda.
In various posts on Whispers, Jim Early states that both David and Malcolm do not win. He hasn’t gone into much detail that I can see yet.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, February 21, 2019 - 2:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Who is Malcolm?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, February 21, 2019 - 4:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
JE has said that the "twist" didn't work out the way production wanted it to so it sounds like none of the four captains make it to the end. That was the whole point of bringing them back and creating Extinction Island - to give them repeated chances to get back in the game and win. EI did not work out the way production wanted so fortunately this will probably be the first and last we will see of it.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, February 21, 2019 - 6:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Sorry, my bad ........ Joe.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, February 21, 2019 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
From Dalton's blog:

"One last thing about Edge of Extinction. (There’s always a “last thing” with me.) It’s no coincidence that it is in play for a season with returning players. In fact, the whole reason Redemption Island was created was to make sure the producers got at least a few episodes with Boston Rob and Russell in case one of them was booted early — which is exactly what happened when Russell was voted out of his tribe first. Putting Edge of Extinction in play here guarantees them keeping Joe, Aubry, David, and Kelley on the show, even if they get voted out. Again, not an accident. Okay, now that we have all that out of the way, let’s get to…?

Dalton's Blog

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, February 21, 2019 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I just read his blog, Lexie. You posted here the only part worth reading. Lol! If this is his typical blog, boy, are they long about nothingness.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 28, 2019 - 12:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Any scoop on whether Jesus got involved with Keith's decision?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, March 07, 2019 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Okay, Survivor whispers has most of their spoilers on the podcast now.... not on facebook. I don't listen to the podcast. But, one thing Jim Early did say in comments to someone is that Aubry makes the final 3.

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Thursday, March 07, 2019 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
All Right, Kooklie … good to know. If any more info comes loose from that direction, please post....

and do like you did this time... the spoiler a couple of lines down......thanks!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, March 07, 2019 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Julia was on twitter complaining about not getting a lot of air time....that makes me think she must go soon because if she goes deep in the game she wouldnt be complaining because she would figure they would start showing more of her later.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, March 07, 2019 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Sea, LOL I just saw your post hahaha

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 08, 2019 - 12:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Hmm, I wonder if ,..................................................

that means she didn't choose extinction?