TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 15, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XXXVI - Ghost Island: Caution Caution - Spoilers Caution: General Season Spoilers: Archive through January 15, 2018 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Spoilers about the upcoming season.

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Season 36 - Ghost Island - airs February 28, 2018

Here's a link to Inside Survivor where you can see the pictures of the two tribes of 10.

http://insidesurvivor.com/survivor-ghost-island-tribe-names-divisions-30948

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Tribe Names and Colors:

Malolo - orange

Naviti - purple

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Per True Dork Times Calendar, Survivor 36 was filmed.........

First Day - June 5, 2017
Final Tribal Council - July 13, 2017

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well, we know there is a fire building challenge at final four, since Jeff mentioned it last night.

Young cast.. But new people.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Friday, December 22, 2017 - 2:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
These contestants won't know about the fire building just like this last group. That will make it fun to see them see that there might be a chance in the end.

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Friday, December 22, 2017 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
fmc

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 7:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm so glad it is two tribes of 10. I hate when they split them up into three tribes. It makes it very hard to get to learn who they are since only 6 people (or less) are on camera after the immunity challenge. Last season, people were getting voted off and I had no clue who they were because they didn't get camera time. Also having a two-hour premiere for this upcoming season will help greatly.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I agree!

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Tuesday, December 26, 2017 - 11:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
Totally agree Lexie, I greatly dislike 3 tribes!!!

Bonbonlover

07-12-2000

Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
agree Lexie. I had no clue who some were.. and as the game progressed, I wasnt able to associate them with their original groups. Three tribes was just too much bouncing around.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 5:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Bon - YES!!! I also had a hard time associating them with their original group because I didn't know who they were and when they kept switching up the tribes, it was very confusing.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Two tribes is better.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Agreed about two tribes. This season there was a guy who showed up briefly and even then not much, in all the Ponderosa videos, but never appeared on the show, except possibly in the first couple episodes before we knew who anybody was. JP or something? Firefighter maybe?

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 6:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Preview at YouTube.com for Ghost Island which will be a two-hour premiere on February 28th

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUgvW1gpOYU

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 6:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Jeff Probst and Mark Burnett explained the premise behind Survivor 35 - Ghost Island:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/survivor-ghost-island-jeff-probst-mark-burnett-preview-new-seasons-twists-1069737

Jeff Probst: "One of the most enjoyable aspects of the show is looking back on the dumbest decisions ever made. So we decided to build a season around all of those bad decisions."

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 8:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the article Alaginger. One thing I'm confused about, though. Probst said they will be sleeping in a protected shelter with all the snuffs above their heads. Does this mean they start out as one team?

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Hey, Grooch ..... I've copied and pasted the part you are talking about here, so others can see what you are referring to:

When players arrive at the island, they will walk between towering titans evocative of the so-called "Survivor Gods," shrines built in tribute to immunity idols and necklaces featured in previous seasons, as well as a secluded shelter from which every single torch snuffer in Survivor history hangs overhead.

"I really don't have much memorabilia," says Probst. "The only things I have are the snuffers. But I wanted to be a part of this thing! So I said, 'What if we hang all of the snuffers underneath the area under which they will sleep?' Now, when you're on Ghost Island and you're spending the night, you're sleeping under Survivor death. There are 35 torches hanging above you at different heights, taunting you and reminding you that one bad decision can haunt you forever."

In answer to your question, I'm sure there are two tribes of 10 each. We have a link up above where you can go to Inside Survivor and see the Survivors and the breakdown on the two tribes...so that's a given. Sounds to me like they arrive as a group, and we get to see all kinds of history of Survivor and they all spend the night in a shelter before going to their separate tribes the next day. That's just the way I read it. Now whether they are sequestered in that shelter as one large group or as two separate groups, it doesn't specify.

Guess we will just have to wait and see.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
i never realized the snuffers were different ea season!!!!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 10:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Alaginger. :-)

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Sunday, January 14, 2018 - 7:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Here you go, Pamy .... from Survivor Wiki

Snuffer

Description: What the host uses to extinguish torches.

Appearances: Every Season

A snuffer is the item that the host, Jeff Probst, uses to extinguish or "snuff" the torch of the castaway that has been eliminated at Tribal Council while using the famous line: "The tribe has spoken.", followed by "Time for you to go."

Usage:

When a castaway gets voted out from a tribe, the host would ask that contestant to hand over their torch and insert it in a designated hole in front of the host, where the host will use the snuffer to cover the lit torch, extinguishing it in the process, leaving smoke behind to arise out of the torch after it has been snuffed. In some cases, the snuffer is half-filled with water, for more effectiveness.

Snuffers
◾ Survivor: Borneo - A small coconut shell attached to a rattan stick handle.
◾ Survivor: The Australian Outback - A stone with an Australian aborigine motif etched on its top with a wooden handle.
◾ Survivor: Africa - A leather basket with African prints and feathers.
◾ Survivor: Marquesas - A large coconut shell with a human bone as the handle.
◾ Survivor: Thailand - A golden cone-shaped snuffer with a dragon as the handle.
◾ Survivor: The Amazon - A small black bowl with a human bone as the handle.
◾ Survivor: Pearl Islands - A pirate's ax welded to a bell.
◾ Survivor: All-Stars - A conch shell carved out of wood.
◾ Survivor: Vanuatu - A large war club.
◾ Survivor: Palau - An army canteen cover with a machine gun shroud as the handle.
◾ Survivor: Guatemala - An ancient Maya mask.
◾ Survivor: Panama - A small skull with a snake as the handle.
◾ Survivor: Cook Islands - An oxidized ship bell.
◾ Survivor: Fiji - A large skull with a Fijian war club as the handle.
◾ Survivor: China - A black Chinese bell with golden designs on it with a dragon holding a jade green pearl in its mouth as the handle.
◾ Survivor: Micronesia - A vulture with a bowl in its mouth.
◾ Survivor: Gabon - An elephant with its trunk as the handle.
◾ Survivor: Tocantins - An etched Brazilian pot with feathers and a tree branch as the handle.
◾ Survivor: Samoa - A large Samoan war club with etched motifs.
◾ Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains - A large white trumpet shell attached with ropes to a stick as the handle.
◾ Survivor: Nicaragua - A silver bowl with etched designs of flowers and rapiers with a metal snake as the handle.
◾ Survivor: Redemption Island - A jaguar head with etched motifs.
◾ Survivor: South Pacific - A lizard's head with the tail snaking outwards as a handle, with Samoan motifs etched across the lizard's body.
◾ Survivor: One World - An iguana's skeleton roped to a coconut with feathers and prints surrounding the handle.
◾ Survivor: Philippines - A red bowl with a rooster, water buffalo, and a monkey climbing on top of it.
◾ Survivor: Caramoan - A large wooden bowl with a small skull and several pieces of dead plants poking out from the top.
◾ Survivor: Blood vs. Water - A silver bowl with etched Asian motifs.
◾ Survivor: Cagayan - A metal bowl with an Indonesian dragon's head.
◾ Survivor: San Juan del Sur - A skull covered with cracked turquoise tiles with a piece of carved wood as the handle.
◾ Survivor: Worlds Apart - A broken lantern attached to a piece of driftwood.
◾ Survivor: Cambodia - An oxidized bell-shaped snuffer with faces and Cambodian motifs etched on it.
◾ Survivor: Kaôh Rōng - A wooden bowl shaped snuffer with teeth around it and feathers on top.
◾ Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X - An orange and white nautilus shell with ropes attaching it to a wooden handle.
◾ Survivor: Game Changers - A sheave pulley connected to a carved birch handle.
◾ Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers - A sheave pulley bound to a ship's wheel's handle and a cog by rope.

Trivia
◾ While most of the show's memorabilia is auctioned for charity, Jeff Probst keeps the snuffers as souvenirs.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, January 14, 2018 - 7:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Ginger, ty ty ty!!!!! that is so interesting!!! now Im going to look closely at every snuff!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 14, 2018 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have noticed the different snuffers..

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, January 15, 2018 - 7:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I would have never in a million years noticed the snuffers were different each season.

Panda

07-15-2005

Monday, January 15, 2018 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
Pretty cool info!