TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
13th Show, Finale, Dec 20

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XXXV - Heroes vs Healers vs Hustlers: 13th Show, Finale, Dec 20 users admin

"Million Dollar Night"

Survivor
Survivor (on CBS)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through December 20, 2017Rvon25 12-20-17  8:18 pm
Archive through December 21, 2017Dogdoc25 12-21-17  7:17 am
Archive through December 21, 2017Karuuna25 12-21-17  5:40 pm
Archive through December 26, 2017Nolanry25 12-26-17  10:42 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Tuesday, December 26, 2017 - 10:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
Oh! Also! I really liked what one guy had to say in the comments. Lots of people are bashing the fact that it was called an “advantage” at all because it did not give Chrissy an advantage. But it wasn’t one in her specific circumstances but that doesn’t mean it is not an advantage as a whole.

One commenter threw out the fact that it is not unheard of to go into the F4 2 vs 2. The winner of this advantage would get to take their ally to F3 and then make the other 2 duke it out while not getting any blood on their hands.

And another commenter suggested that this “twist” is actually only balancing out power that is already too one-sided in the game. The winner of final immunity has too much power and this is a way of balancing the scales.

Ultimately this is a twist I happen to be behind, because I agree with Probst. There have been too many times when good players have been snuffed out of the game at 4. Plain and simple. And I for one am glad that they have one small chance of making it through on their own through fire making. And some say “oh but that person should be making it through on their own relationships and strategy etc.” but I think that’s bull. Just bc they got let go at 4th doesn’t mean they didn’t have a a great game and a worthy chance of winning. It would be nice to see them have the potential of making it through and then let the JURY decide.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 12:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Why should Chrissy have never been declared the winner of the final challenge? She won.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 1:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Cass, I'm assuming it's because her "s" was upside down.

Nolanry, the advantage for Chrissy thing, are the commentators talking about the one that Ryan gave her at the very beginning of the game?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 7:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the links. I see a lot of people on the interwebs are calling B.S. at that last idol that Ben found where it said "dig".

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
Grooch, they are referring to the final “advantage” she won when she won final immunity. They kept calling it an advantage in the game even though I believe all of the TV previews were calling it a twist. But no it was about the F4 thing, she got to pick someone to go to F3 with her and the other two battle it out for the 3rd spot. A lot of people are saying that production was just dressing it up as an advantage even though it actually “screwed her over”.

And I was just saying that some people were commenting and stating circumstances in which that would really be an advantage to someone in F4 and it just didn’t happen to appear as an advantage in this season. I hope I explained it well!

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
Another thing I found interesting in all of the interviews is that the question kept getting brought up “do you think too many idols are in play nowadays and it’s preventing actual strategy”. It’s an interesting question and I think answers can go either way.

Also, some people are saying that the act of using an idol is more impactful to the jury than an immunity win (in the long run) because that action plays out in front of them, whereas they don’t see all the work put into winning immunity. It’s an interesting discussion too!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
dalton ross' recap on ew.com also talks about it. It's a really interesting recap with lots of funny thrown in

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
On the other hand, SHE GOT TO PICK one of the persons who were in the final 2...meaning she could pick the one person whom she felt she could win against no matter what. The rest was left up to fate...and fire making skills.

I kind of like it that the person who everyone was pitted against got a fair chance to make it to the final 3. Of course I liked Ben so it was good for me, but at least this way it is the slightest bit fair...the jury didn't have to vote for him but they must have felt he deserved to win also.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I've always thought that the jury should be watching the Immunity challenge off to the side.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 7:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Interesting read of 2nd part of Ben's exit interview, answered a bunch of questions. Like how could Crissy 'know' that Ben found it in like "12-seconds" when none of them even knew he had a HII until Tribal Council?

Exclusive: Ben Driebergen talks 'Survivor' idols, advantages and twists -- "Everything is fair" in the game!

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-ben-driebergen-talks-survivor-idols-advantages-and-twists----everything-is-fair-in-game-23277.php

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I was coming out of unexpected surgery last Wednesday night. Watched the three hours tonight. Heard nothing of last TCs, etc. until I saw it. Would anyone have voted for Devon if he'd been one of F3 instead of Ryan?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 5:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Color, we will never know the answer to that question. Jeff didn't question the jurors like he normally does. The reunion was horrible. Instead of talking to the jurors, Jeff was interviewing fans in the audience.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert CA Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: