TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 16, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XXXV - Heroes vs Healers vs Hustlers: 8th Show, Nov 15: Archive through November 16, 2017 users admin

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
"Playing With The Devil"

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hoping for some spoilers, will go and check twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
http://www.goldderby.com/article/2017/survivor-35-episode-8-recap-playing-with-the-devil-joe-mena-news/

Lauren finds the clue that was wrapped up with the nails from the merge feast! It’s an advantage in the game–she can secretly hold her vote from he next tribal council and instead place that unused vote at a future tribal council for a second vote! Wow, that’s kind of sneaky.

Time for the reward challenge where it looks like they’ll be divided into two teams. The challenge is an obstacle course in the first stage and a slingshot to knock down five targets in the second stage. The prize is a spaghetti and wine feast! With an odd number of players, teams are selected at random with the 11th person sitting out the challenge, but getting to enjoy the feast with the winners. One team in red is Ben, Lauren, Desi, Ashley and Mike; the other is Ryan, JP, Chrissy, Devon and Cole in blue.

Ben stays up shooting bags until he hits red’s first target. Ryan goes up first for blue, shoots one and misses then exits to let Chrissy come and shoot. Mike comes up next for red and hits a target, bringing Ashley up after. As JP and Devon start alternating turns, they catch up and match red 3 for 3 while Ashley struggles. By the time Ashley gets red’s fourth target, JP is on deck for blue and hits their fifth, winning reward.

As a twist to the feast, Jeff lets the winners know that it’s a family style meal with only one seat at the table, meaning each player will get to eat until they’re full, leaving the rest for the remaining players to feast on. The catch is that they can eat most or all of the food themselves or save enough to spread the wealth among the others. As the player that sat out the challenge, Joe is in charge of choosing the order that they’ll eat in, which he sees as an opportunity to win over some people in order to earn him some safety at the next tribal council. This is an evil reward, but I’m so into it. I hope Joe is really shady about it!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh my word, I can't believe this reward! And Joe is in charge of the order, hahahahahaha.

Granny2b

07-07-2009

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granny2b a private message Print Post    
thank's Dipo for spoiling us

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Something new. Was sorta fun. And am laughing at the digging fiasco. Yea Ryan.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
http://www.goldderby.com/article/2017/survivor-35-episode-8-recap-playing-with-the-devil-joe-mena-news/

Joe’s order for eating puts Devon Pinto first because it’s his birthday (aww!), but also because he thinks that after their time at Levu together that Devon can help sway the others to keep Joe around a little longer. JP Hilsabeck is next and after Devon set the precedent of eating a fair share, he plays it safe as well, but not before we get a glimpse of what looks like a hidden clue at the bottom of a plate. And sure enough, with Cole up next, he notices the letters and and reads the clue. To hide the clue from everyone else he moves the pasta on top of the napkin and hides the plate. LOL!

But Chrissy, sharp as ever knows that there must be a clue somewhere so she searches all over the table for the clue. Then, next is Ryan who does the same exact thing, finds the clue as well. But playing it even smarter, he takes the plate with the clue and buries it in the dirt so that Joe, who chose himself to eat last, won’t see it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, this is hysterical.....
http://www.goldderby.com/article/2017/survivor-35-episode-8-recap-playing-with-the-devil-joe-mena-n

So the clue clearly said that the hidden idol is buried underneath the tribe flag back at camp and Cole, Chrissy and Ryan all knew about it. As soon as they get back to camp, Cole leaves to go to the bathroom which gives Ryan an opening to go dig for the idol. While he’s away, Ryan finds the idol and then walks away, asking Chrissy to cover up the hole he left in the sand. Amazingly, Cole comes back to see Chrissy in the sand and runs over to her to fight her for the idol. The commotion brings the entire tribe over to the spot and while they’re all digging Ben accuses Cole of finding it and tucking it into his shirt. And though Cole didn’t find it he’s now got an even bigger target on his back because they all think he did. Crazy.

At this point, Cole feels like he needs to win immunity in order to remain in the game. The challenge he’ll have to win this week is based on endurance and concentration–each player will stand on a narrow beam while balancing a statue with a long pole. At different stages in the challenge they’ll have to step further away from the statue, making it harder to balance at the end of the pole.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 6:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
YW, Granny...I have to tape it and can't wait to know what happens so I tracked down someone recaping it.

The first stage of the challenge is 10 minutes before they move a step back. The first to drop is Mike Zahalsky followed by Joe shortly after. Third to drop is Devon, fourth is Lauren and fifth is Ryan, all within the first five minutes of the challenge.

A couple seconds into the section stage, Ashley Nolan drops and Ben starts to wobble, but recovers. After some slight movement from both JP and Cole, Chrissy falls and then Ben right after her. That leaves Desi Williams, Cole and JP as the final three.

And then out of nowhere Desi falls! With two left, the eliminated players watch on and quietly cheer on JP to beat Cole. Both guys start to wobble and just like that JP falls, making Cole the winner! In true “Survivor” fashion, he wins immunity at the exact time he needs it most. That’s going to spell doom for someone that otherwise would stayed in the game for another three days. Too bad.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Man these guys are all very sneaky, LOL....

With their number one target winning immunity, the Heroes-Hustlers alliance will have to scramble to decide which other Healer they’re going to target. The plan is to split the vote between Joe and Desi in case they pull out another hidden idol to save someone. Desi’s name is on the chopping block because she’s proven herself as strong at challenges.

Not wanting to lay down and let the Healers get picked off, Cole goes to Joe and Mike and confesses to them that he doesn’t have an idol. But because they all think the other side thinks Cole does have an idol, they anticipate that they’ll split the vote. With that in mind, Joe goes to Devon and Ryan and pitches Ben as a huge threat to win the game if he’s allowed anywhere near the finals. But Ben was hiding in the bushes and hold the entire conversation, confirming his suspicion that Joe needs to be the one to leave. The big takeaway from this scene though is that Ryan admits that Joe is right–Ben is a threat and can’t make it to the finals, but he knows he can’t vote him out yet because it’ll be a betrayal of Chrissy’s trust, which he needs to maintain for now.

Later, Lauren tells Ben about her secret advantage because it basically prevents them from splitting the votes due to her having to not vote. Wanting to keep Lauren’s power for a future tribal council, Ben decides that they need to pull a Healer over to vote with them in order to secure Joe’s elimination. He approaches Mike who is immediately clued in to the fishiness of Ben suddenly needing his vote at the tribal council. That places Mike in the position of getting to decide whether he earns some trust by voting with the dominant Heroes-Hustlers alliance or seizing the opportunity to make a huge move and take out Ben.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    

At tribal council, true to form, Joe immediately goes on the offensive and reiterates that Ben is a huge threat and is making all the decisions in the game. That comment re-ups an argument that the had earlier in the day about Ben’s service in the Marines, but this time Chrissy and Ashley come to Ben’s defense against Joe, basically calling him annoying.

8:52 p.m. – Time for the vote, let’s see if Lauren’s advantage creates any wackiness and which side Mike chooses to align with! Before reading the votes Jeff asks if anyone wants to play an idol and there’s no comment from anyone. The votes: Ben, Lauren, Desi, Joe, Desi, Joe, Desi, Joe, Desi, Joe. That’s only 10 votes and it’s a tie so they’ll re-vote. Why is no one asking why there wasn’t an eleventh vote???

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
hmmmmmm, who will be voted out?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The new votes: Desi, Joe, Desi, Desi, Desi, Desi. What? Why didn’t they vote out Joe? I thought he was their main target! Nevertheless, Desi is gone and she’s officially the first member of the jury. I can’t believe both Joe and Cole somehow made it through this episode. What a blindside!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
What a surprise!!! Desi goes home

Granny2b

07-07-2009

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granny2b a private message Print Post    
darn, so close to getting one of those guys out....why don't the women ever work together! thank's again Dipo!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
What a gross and measley reward. Beside the fact that it looked like a meal for maybe 4 and not a starving tribe of 6, it was so gross when the guys were eating and what was falling from their mouths was fell right back onto the plate. Yuck yuck

Rvon

12-11-2003

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 9:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I don’t like Joe at all!,,,

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 10:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Im so confused. so Lauren didnt place a vote and NO ONE realized there were only 10 votes cast???!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 10:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
She was shown telling Ben about it, so it probably got around to some.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 10:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I wanted Cole gone, next Joe. Not Desi.

Cathie

08-16-2000

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 10:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cathie a private message Print Post    
I was waiting for that, too, Pamy. I hope they show next week that after returning to camp someone does the math and starts asking how that happened.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 6:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Pamy I kept waiting for someone to realize a missing vote. For some reason I keep getting distracted during this season so I don't have a person that I want to win/ or get evicted.
Adding this vote "wrinkle" was a good idea. I was surprised to see them looking for clues during the spaghetti dinner.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 7:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
This episode was hilarious between the reward dinner and them digging for an idol that wasn't there.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 7:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Joe is just an unlikeable person to me. What he tried to do to Ben was unsavory.

I loved how Chrissy played EVERYBODY by digging for the clue, knowing that Ryan had it in his pocket. She put a huge target on Cole.

Ark

07-09-2001

Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 7:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ark a private message Print Post    
I don't like Ben or Chrissy for reasons I can't figure out. I do like Lauren so I suppose they have to stick around for her to get further. I also don't like Joe and was looking forward to him going home last night. Now I hope that not voting him out bites someone in the butt.