TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 16, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XXVIII - Cagayan: General Discussion: Archive through April 16, 2014 users admin

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, February 14, 2014 - 8:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
It took some digging,but here's the youtube of the TV Guide Channel preview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD1TP9rJ7rA

Lostincyburbia

07-29-2009

Monday, February 17, 2014 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostincyburbia a private message Print Post    
I hope this season will be really good. Last season was the first time I didn't have any interest in the show at all. I was so shocked to realize I didn't care about the people or who won or didn't win. I stopped watching once Rupert was gone and thought he was an idiot for leaving. JMO

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, February 21, 2014 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Thank you to Longbeach, Color, Heckagirl and anyone else who has provided a link above! It is appreciated!

I'm just so HAPPY that there are NO REPEAT players!

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
'Survivor: Cagayan': See the premiere's first 4 minutes here!

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/02/25/survivor-cagayan-premiere-sneak-peek/

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 7:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Yes, thank you for all the links. Both AR and Survivor snuck up on me. I almost missed AR and just on Sunday realized Survivor was starting. The good news is I didn't gave to wait out the anticipation of these shows. Starting. So glad we have all newbies. The cast looks good. Hoping for just the right amount of drama and comedic happenings.

Lanzee

07-12-2000

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lanzee a private message Print Post    
I just DVR it for tonight! I'll watch it this weekend on my downtime! :-)

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
Can I ask an OT question in here? I just watched Survivor Panama with Terry and Aras (when Aras won). Does anyone remember what the general reaction was to that season? Was Aras well loved? Or did people support Terry the underdog (underdog because he literally HAD to win the IN every show or he would've been targeted)

I honestly do remember watching some of this season when it was airing. I remember being so frustrated that Casaya kept winning challenges even though they were so dysfunctional back at camp. (w/Shane and Courtney, Bobby and Danielle) I think I might've stopped watching because of that. But after having watched it fully through I'm curious how people reacted as this was airing.

Not to mention I was blown away by Shane's FTC speech to Aras. One of the best I think I've heard.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I think even Probst calls Aras the most boring winner LOL

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I don't remember Aras at all from that season. I only remember him from Blood versus whatever. And his brother Vytas.

Honestly, I don't remember much of that season at all!

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
Well I'm not surprised you don't remember lol, it was the 12th season, so what was that...8 years ago? That's a long time!

Interesting thing was that it was only the second season with the HII. They didn't yet have any idea about splitting the votes to flush it out. And btw isn't it kind of amazing that it took the 10 seasons before they came up with the immunity idol? It was introduced in season 11.

I was asking because I was kind of on Terry's side and wanted him to win. I can't believe he won 5 immunity challenges in a row! But when looking at random comments here and there online it seemed like he was considered kind of a jerk which I didn't get at all. Was curious what people thought here :-)

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Was Terry the fighter pilot? If so, I liked him!

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
Yes he was something like that! Good, glad I'm not alone!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, April 14, 2014 - 3:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Was Courtney, the skinny little blonde, in Panama? I remember her not being very popular with the viewers, but she had friends on the tribe that liked her. She blamed it on the editing.

I also liked Terry.

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Monday, April 14, 2014 - 7:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
Courtney she was kinda skinny but more of a sportier body. Her hair was kind of dreaded and she was a fire dancer. She had a lot of conflict with Shane.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, April 14, 2014 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I looked at the cast photo and I don't remember that season much at all! I remember Danielle a bit and of course Cerie and her fear of leaves and bugs. LOL. But I don't recall much else.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, April 14, 2014 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Wasn't Danielle on one of the subsequent seasons?

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Monday, April 14, 2014 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure but it's possible. I stopped watching for many many years so it is fun for me to go back through and watch all the ones that I missed on hulu. They have seasons 12-28 right now I believe. For the longest time they only had seasons 21-24 and season 1. Finally they've uploaded a ton more!

So in those intervening seasons, 14-20 maybe she did come back, I just haven't watched them yet. :-)

It's funny how perceptions change as you get older, Brenda. I remember not liking Cirie the first time I watched (though not the full season), but this time I thought she was great and a very smart player to have turned her position on the tribe around and stay waaay longer than she normally would have.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, April 14, 2014 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Then we are talking about a totally different Courtney. The Courtney I'm talking about was a skinny, petite little blonde thing. She didn't have dreadlocks.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Monday, April 14, 2014 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Lexie, that is the only Courtney I remember. I think she was on the season where Todd was the winner. (I think she may have come back to play an add'l time as well.)

(After all these seasons, it's really hard to remember who they all are.)

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Monday, April 14, 2014 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    

This the Courtney I was talking about, here is your Courtney :-)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, April 14, 2014 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I only remember the 2nd one LOL

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 - 6:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
Has anyone ever wanted to try out for Survivor? Or has anyone actually tried to get on it?

Ever since I've watched Survivor (17 years old) I've always said I would NEVER go on Survivor because of the cameras/TV aspect. I HATE being on video of any sort. I'd totally go on Survivor if there wasn't any of that....but lately I've been feeling like....what the hell, right?

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Pamy's Mr. Bill has tried a number of times. They were missing some serious eye candy not to pick him -

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
Hopefully Pamy will elaborate on why they think Mr. Bill didn't make it? :-)

That's sad though. I don't know if it's just a wild hair up my butt or what, but my husband said at some point while watching this season "You should go on Survivor" and I did my automatic "Noooo hohoho. No thanks." And gave my standard "I would if there were no cameras" response. But last night my mind just kind of thought. Well, why not? I do loathe the on TV aspect but, but IDK....up until last night it was a non-negotiable. But suddenly I've felt a bit more carefree. It might be fun to at least try. Even if the odds of getting on are so slim.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Here's the deal though - at least on Survivor they don't expect you to look camera perfect - whereas on something like Big Brother you have nothing else to do but groom yourself 24/7. Survivor would be the perfect show if you don't like yourself on camera, because everybody (except for maybe LJ) looks a little rough after the first week or so.