TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 13, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XXVIII - Cagayan: General Discussion: Archive through February 13, 2014 users admin

Happymom

01-20-2003

Monday, December 16, 2013 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I am not too excited about the concept Brains v. Brawn v. Beauty. I don't really like type casting.

I am excited that it will be all new players! and that we only have to wait until Feb.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, December 16, 2013 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Those sorts of labels will generate a lot of posturing and tension with instant (and likely superficial) judgements.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Thursday, December 19, 2013 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
My thoughts exactly. (Both of you.)

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Monday, January 06, 2014 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
As long as we have all new players I am happy.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, January 06, 2014 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Happymom, I agree. Luckily, the thing I like most about Survivor is the competitions, so the personalities and stuff aren't as important to me.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, January 06, 2014 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
The bigger problem I have with splitting them into three tribes of six is it becomes very easy to Pagong one tribe.

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
Survivor Cagayan Cast Revealed !

http://www.survivorfever.net/index28.html

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
Meet the new castaways:

I like Woo from the Brawn Tribe....enjoyable. I see him going extremely far!

http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/video/.../survivor-cagayan-meet-the-castaways/

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
I like J’Tia Taylor too.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/214791

http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/video/.../survivor-cagayan-meet-j-tia/

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Marlins front office has to be worst in all of sports (David Samson)

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/marlins-front-office-has-to-be-worst-in-all-of-sports-012214

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Marlins president a castaway on new 'Survivor'

MIAMI (AP) — Miami Marlins President David Samson is among 18 castaways on the new season of "Survivor," which begins Feb. 26 on CBS.

The cast also includes a high-stakes poker player, an ex-NFL cheerleader, a nuclear engineer and former NBA All-Star Cliff Robinson.

In a biography released by the network, Samson lists as his claim to fame getting the government in Miami to "contribute over $350 million to a new baseball park during the recession." Critics called the financing plan a taxpayer rip-off, and a backlash against the deal resulted in the recall of the county mayor.

As for while he thinks he'll win, Samson said, "I always win, because people underestimate me."

The new season of "Survivor" takes place in Cagayan, a province in the Philippines.

http://www.seattlepi.com/entertainment/article/Marlins-president-a-castaway-on-new-Survivor-5166333.php

Lorie

08-29-2003

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lorie a private message Print Post    
I'm rooting for LJ. Seems like a good head on his shoulders. And he's from Boston!!!

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Friday, January 24, 2014 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
Jimmy Fallon's joke about the new season:

http://instagram.com/p/jjzSNQqWc3/

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 5:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I am thinking SOMETHING starts on February 26th!
Is it "Survivor" or "TAR?" Or, of course, neither!

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
TNT,

SURVIVOR: BRAINS VS. BEAUTY VS. BRAWNS - SEASON 28 PREMIERE ANNOUNCED
Survivor fans, we have great news! Survivor 28 will premiere on February 26 at 8/7c with a special TWO HOUR episode! This is the first time in three years there's been a two hour premiere. This season will feature a unique twist where the castaways will be broken up into three tribes based on brawn, beauty and brains.

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
Streaming videos wasn't working on my computer and I think I had to update some of my programs, so in order to test it out I decided to watch some of these videos, and then I kept watching!!

I don't think I've ever once watched the pre-season intro vids. For those of you who've watched them other seasons, do they usually give you a pretty accurate picture of the contestants? Or are they completely different when they play the game than they were on these intros? I'm curious about that!

First impressions....I liked what David had to say. He seemed to know quite a bit about the game and how you need to navigate both voting people out (at the right time) but also make them want to vote for you in the end. I guess we will see if he can actually make use of this insight! I really liked Lindsey for some reason!! Love the dreads she's rockin', and I enjoyed her quirky personality. I'm normally more of a fan of the hardcore strategy/schemey types but Jeremiah was charming indeed! He seems so down-to-earth and humble in his video even though he's a model! I think I'll end up a fan of his in the game.

I wasn't particularly drawn to LJ, but something he said interested me. He said that he doesn't want to be the person making the fire and making the decisions, he wants to "point out two sticks on the ground" to bring someone else to that conclusion. That's a dangerous game to play. Because if you take a person like that and put them against the person who was out in front, making decisions and "shedding blood" most people would rather credit that person with all of the strategy and the work. Reminds me of Tyson and Gervase last year. Gervase got so mad that people didn't seem to credit him with being responsible for some of the decisions/actions Tyson made but how are we to really know how much of a role he had in them? He willingly said he kinda wanted to sit back and let Tyson get his hands dirty. So then of course Tyson is going to get credited for all of the control/strategy/voting decisions. I'm not sure it's a good idea for LJ to work like Gervase.

I loved J’Tia!!! She's bright, beautiful and spunky and I love that she loves nerds :D

Jefra. Oh Jefra. I don't see that girl going far. lol And I think it's funny that she is the epitome of what Morgan doesn't want to be typecast as.

So I after watching all of the vids the ones that stood out to me that I liked (first impressions, people! who knows if this will change!) are:

David, Lindsey, Jeremiah, J'Tia and....Spencer too. I like the smart strategic ones, but he's young though....we'll see if he knows how to show restraint when he needs to.

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
The TV Guide Channel's Survivor Preview Show will be on February 12th at 8 pm.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, February 10, 2014 - 10:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I just talked to Jeff !! He was being interviewed on WGN radio in Chicago. I have one of his daytime shows from a year ago saved on my DVR. Was talking about that. Later they got into a little Survivor talk.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, February 10, 2014 - 10:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
sooo cool!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 8:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Jeff Probst on WGN radio. Some interesting stuff about Survivor. He talks about his cancelled daytime show first -- then Survivor. I don't know how long WGN will leave it up.

Podcast

Ariasmum

07-21-2006

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ariasmum a private message Print Post    
Does this start tonight? or Feb 26th?

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 3:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
The TV Guide Channel's Survivor Preview Show will be on tonight, February 12th, at 8 pm.

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 10:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
TV Guide special tidbits:

The tribes vote on a 'leader' at the very beginning. Each leader then single out the person they feel is the weakest on their tribe. All 3 weak members are flown out to their camps. At the camp, they choose between a clue for the HII or an extra bag of rice for the tribe.

There's also a new, special HII which is going to come into play later in the season. It can be played after votes have been read. It was Tyler Perry's idea. lol

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 11:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
lots of good ones this time around

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
Here's a link to TV Guide Channel's Survivor Preview Show that aired last night. It's on gorillavid. It's not great like youtube, but it's the episode.

http://gorillavid.in/mn52u8flmdeq