TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 16, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XXVII - Blood vs Water: General Discussions: Archive through September 16, 2013 users admin

Roblover

05-17-2011

Monday, September 02, 2013 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Thank you, Longbeach, for the explanation about the twists. I know will be thoroughly confused watching the show & will have to refer to your explanation more than once. I am hoping the twists will eliminate one tribe from getting so far ahead the other tribe does not have a chance. Although, I don't like voting off people before they can play....what a let down for them.

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 7:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
You're welcome, Roblover. I agree. To be voted off before you get a chance to play would be a let down. They needed to stock pile Redemption Island though. The two members that are voted off immediately go to Redemption Island and they duke it out with the person voted off at the first TC. I never have enjoyed the RI experience. RI is way too time consuming and becomes tedious to me and took away the punch/drama of TC. Once voted out, the castaway should just be gone, IMO.

We have tribe names, with meanings, and color:

Galang = Respect(Goldish Yellow)Returning Players

Tadhana = Fate (Red) Newbies

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
The thing I dislike most about RI is it takes away from them showing camp life. I like to see the dynamics and scheming back at the camps.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
There was more camp life and personal interactions last season. Loved seeing the relationship dynamics in camp; how alliances form & break. And just daily life (when they aren't sleeping). Which is why we need longer episodes (at least in the beginning). One thing they often do is combine reward w/immunity when there is RI. Didn't like it. Reward should be different comp. And they need to enforce the "can't sit out the same person two challenges in a row" (they didn't do that two seasons ago so that one small gal on Skulpin's yellow tribe sat out almost every event).

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yeah... that was Abi-Maria who sat out almost all of the challenges.

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
Speaking of RI,
'Survivor: Blood vs. Water': Jeff Probst defends the return of Redemption Island:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/09/03/survivor-blood-vs-water-jeff-probst-redemption-island/

(Yeah, don't show the folks who are still in the game and havent been voted out, show us the follks who have been voted out and should be gone home.)

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, September 08, 2013 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
YAY, Survivor is coming! After not watching BB all summer due to the cast, I'm even more anxious for this to start. I wasn't initially happy about repeats but I am over it - at least for the moment.

Bbbabe

08-18-2005

Monday, September 09, 2013 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbbabe a private message Print Post    
I would like to see a season of our favorite players that have not won he game. No previous winners allowed. Like Malcolm, Ozzy and Stepanie.....any others anyone can think of?

Bbbabe

08-18-2005

Monday, September 09, 2013 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbbabe a private message Print Post    
J.T., James, Colby, Brenda, and maybe Amanda?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, September 09, 2013 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
JT was a winner, wasn't he? I'd like to see Penner again.

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Monday, September 09, 2013 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
'Survivor: Blood vs. Water': Jeff Probst predicts the best new players

We’ve seen what the returning players on Survivor: Blood vs. Water can do, but which of their loved ones has what it takes to potentially win the million dollars when the season premieres Sept. 18 on CBS? I asked host Jeff Probst on the first day of filming in the Philippines back in May to name the new players that were just as strong if not stronger than their loved ones. And one of the names he came up with may surprise you. “Colton’s fiancé Caleb — he’s one of my favorites to win,” said Probst. “He’s so likable. And he’s capable out on the field, in the water, and I think he’s gonna sway a lot of people. I think he’ll even sway Ciera to change her mind about gay rights!”

Speaking of Ciera, Laura’s daughter is another one Probst predicted going far. “I don’t know exactly know why I’m pulling for Ciera, but I am because I see a young person who is very committed to who they are. Even though I don’t agree with who they are politically and I don’t agree with their views, I like that she’s made so much of her life in such a young bit of time, and I could see her doing very well.” Who are the other new players Probst likes? Click on the video player below to see which other ones the host thinks match up well when compared to their returning loved one.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/09/09/survivor-blood-vs-water-jeff-probst-best-new-players/

Bbbabe

08-18-2005

Monday, September 09, 2013 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbbabe a private message Print Post    
You are right Brenda....JT was a winner. Sorry

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
JT was one of my favorite winners. I was hoping for a similar player in Judd in BB...but that sure didn't pan out. lol

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
‘Survivor’ Fave Malcolm Freberg’s Pre-Season Power Rankings

I do agree about Vytas. I have taken his yoga classes and he is the real deal (plus he's a yoga GOD!) And I agree with ranking Hayen high...great social skills and a physical comp beast.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2013/09/10/survivor-fave-malcolm-frebergs-pre-season-power-rankings/

Pjlover

09-12-2010

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pjlover a private message Print Post    
Looks to be an interesting season. Not sure how I feel about the return of RI. If memory serves me, (which is sometimes doubtful. LOL!), eventually the last person to win comes back to join the rest of the group, correct?

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
Survivor Blood VS Water Preview- TVGN Special - meet the cast of Survivor vs Water

Interesting that both Parvati and Jeff think Vytas will win the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R-F00kOc_0

Bbbabe

08-18-2005

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbbabe a private message Print Post    
Another fav of mine that did not win was Lex. I forgot about him till watching rerun of all-stars.

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Thursday, September 12, 2013 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
‘Survivor’ Host Jeff Probst Discusses Classic ‘Survivor’ vs. Tons of Twists

Holmes: I am a cold, cynical jerk, but the stupid “Survivor” family visits always make me cry. It was Cochran and his mom last time. I’m worried you just signed me up for a full season of bawling every Wednesday.

Probst: See, I think this is taking the idea of a family visit and flipping it. I’m not here to give my loved one who’s playing love and encouragement. Ultimately I am here to beat them. This is a zero-sum game. There is one winner. I think what you’re going to see is moments of sadness when someone has to see their loved one lose at Redemption Island and be out of the game. But when push comes to shove, I’m guessing more people will shove.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2013/09/11/survivor-host-jeff-probst-discusses-classic-survivor-vs-tons-of-twists/

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Thursday, September 12, 2013 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
So I've been watching previous seasons of Survivor on Hulu because I stopped watching for many years and missed quite a few of them. I finished Survivor: Redmption Island last weekend and am almost done with Survivor: South Pacific and I'm feeling a fair bit of frustration and have an idea about a possible future twist.

Both of these seasons contained STRONG core alliances. In S22 when the Ometepe tribe came into the merge with numbers they just eliminated one Zapatera after another (which TBH I wasn't totally upset with because I really enjoyed seeing Rob's masterminding of the whole thing, but it was rather boring) and then now that I'm watching S23 I'm seeing it all over again Upolu essentially came into the merge with a SUPER LOYAL 6, so that even though Savaii also had 6, they too got picked off one by one. I have not been particularly fond with everyone on Upolu (Coach's tribe). I mainly like Sophia and Albert, so it's insanely frustrating to see them pick each person from Savaii off even though I would love to see something mixed up and see some Upolu gone first. There's an element of boringness when an alliance is THAT loyal. In both seasons there was no possibility for the other tribe to play Survivor because there was no cracks in Ometepe or Upolu. And that's just not fun.

So I started to think...wouldn't it have been a surprise if Upolu and Savaii merged...had one vote and then was split back up into two mixed tribes? It would definitely screw with loyal alliances and maybe force them to have to re-strategize and if anything possibly pick off their own. It would at the very least give Savaii (and in S22 Zapatera) a shot at getting their foot in the door of the other tribe.

My question is...has that been done before? Again, I've missed many seasons so maybe it has. Otherwise I wonder why that twist has never ocurred. I think it would really through the survivors a curve ball. When they merge, they think they are merged for good, they definitely wouldn't see a tribal split coming a 2nd time.

Bbbabe

08-18-2005

Thursday, September 12, 2013 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbbabe a private message Print Post    
Iv'e been watching previous seasons on TVGN and father watching loved ones food challenge, I wish big Tom and his son were on this season. His son totally rocked that challenge.

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Friday, September 13, 2013 - 5:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Moderator .......

The pictures up above, by returnee and loved one look great........but there is an error.

In the first one, the name Aras is under the wrong picture. The names are in the right place because Aras is the returning player. The pics need to be switched.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, September 13, 2013 - 7:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks Alaginger. I think I've got it right now (you may have to refresh to see the change right away). I appreciate the help. Let me know if you see anything else that needs to be changed. :-)

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Friday, September 13, 2013 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Nope ... they are all paired up right, and the pictures are all in the right places. Thanks a bunch!

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Friday, September 13, 2013 - 9:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
'Survivor: Blood vs. Water': Jeff Probst on which new players will be 'out fast'

When I spoke with Jeff Probst on day 1 of filming for Survivor: Blood vs. Water (which premieres Sept. 18 on CBS), he predicted which of the new players going up against their loved ones would do well. But I also asked him which new players he thought weren’t quite so impressive. And he zeroed right in on the spouse of one of the most famous Survivor players ever — Rupert’s wife Laura.

“I think Rupert’s wife is gonna be a in a whole lot of trouble,” said Probst. Rupert already has a target for many reasons, some of which are yes, he’s won a million dollars and all that. Some of which, he can be a bit of a blowhard at times. But that comes with playing a game like this so many times and being rewarded. I mean, Rupert can do a lot. He’s one of the few guys who can go out in that water with a bare hand and catch a damn fish and go, ‘I’ve got it!’ I mean, that’s pretty cocky. Laura, I don’t see that. Now, she keeps telling me she’s a very good swimmer, so I could be completely surprised by all of this, but just going in on day one, I would say that Rupert’s wife Laura is going to have a hard time out here.”

But Laura wasn’t the only newbie that was going to have a hard time according to Probst. Click on the video player below to see more from the host, including which person he predicts will be “out fast.”

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/09/11/survivor-blood-vs-water-jeff-probst-new-players/

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Monday, September 16, 2013 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
'Survivor: Blood vs. Water' premiere: Watch the first 7 minutes here!

Watch as the 10 pairs are dropped off in 10 different locations to spend the night by themselves as part of the new Day Zero twist. How will they react once the realize they are on their own out in the elements without any food, water, or supplies? Which returning player is already boasting that, “The loved ones aren’t gonna be prepared and I’m gonna slit their throats”? Which other returning player is already turning on his loved one (“She’s a threat to me. At some point in time I’m going to have to get rid of her.”)? And why is Kat from Survivor: One World obsessed with besting her Big Brother-winning boyfriend (“It is the most important thing in my entire life to beat Hayden Moss.”)?

And most importantly of all, will Jeff Probst begin the season on land, at sea, or in the air? Watch the first seven minutes and see for yourself by clicking on the video player below! Survivors ready…

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/09/16/survivor-blood-vs-water-premiere-video/