TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 26, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XXVII - Blood vs Water: General Discussions: Archive through August 26, 2013 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
A thread for general discussions about the upcoming Survivor season. However, please post spoilers in the spoiler section. :-)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
where is that thread? ty Jimmer!!!!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
or technically isnt this the spoiler thread since nothing has aired yet for this season?

Can we post who the players are and the title of the new season here?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
You can post about anything officially released by CBS here. There is another area for spoilers usually related to the outcome during the course of the game. I created the area but I didn't start a thread there (anyone can start one) but I can if it helps.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
perfect! TY Jimmer! You are awesome!

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 7:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
Survivor: Blood vs. Water': Meet the Cast!
By Dalton Ross | Aug 21, 2013

See who's back, which loved ones are joining in, how they size up the new season's competition, and on-location video interviews with 'em all!

Make sure you read under each photo for mini interviews:

20302134_20726344_30006479%2C00.html,http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20302134_20726344_30006479,00.html

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/08/20/big-brother-hayden-moss-survivor-blood-vs-water/

'Big Brother' winner Hayden Moss to appear on 'Survivor: Blood vs. Water'

Earlier this summer, Jeff Probst officially broke the news on Entertainment Weekly Radio that the 27th season of Survivor — titled Blood Vs. Water — would feature returning Survivor players and their loved ones. And now we can officially reveal that one of those pairs will be Survivor: One World’s Kat Edorsson and her boyfriend, Big Brother season 12 champ Hayden Moss. And the two talk about it for the first time right here! While players from both Survivor and Big Brother have appeared on fellow CBS reality competition show The Amazing Race — and a relative of Survivor’s Russell and Brandon Hantz, Willie, played on last summer’s Big Brother — Hayden will become the first person to have appeared on both programs.

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 8:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
'Survivor: Blood vs. Water': New cast and (lots of) twists revealed!

Among the cast of Survivor: Blood vs. Water —which filmed this past May and June in the Philippines — will be a contestant from the group that started it all, as season 1 player Gervase Peterson returns to compete along with his niece Marissa. He will be joined by three million dollar winners — Tina Wesson from The Australian Outback (who will be playing with daughter Katie), Aras Baskauskas from Panama (with brother Vytas), and Rupert Boneham, who has never won in his three previous outings but did collect a million dollars as the winner of a special fan voted prize given away during the All-Stars season. He will be joined by his wife Laura.

In a surprise, the new cast also features three players from One World — which is generally considered one of the weakest Survivor seasons ever. Joining Kat will be Monica Culpepper (and husband Brad) and the controversial Colton Cumbie (and fiancé Caleb). Rounding out the cast are threepeaters Tyson Apostol (with girlfriend Rachel) and the former Candice Woodcock (now Candice Cody, with husband John), as well as Laura Morett from Samoa (with daughter Ciera).

* For the first time ever, the game will not be 39 days long, but rather 39-and-a-half days, as the couples will begin the game the night prior to day one with a new twist titled “Day Zero.” The 10 pairs will be sent out at sunset to 10 different locations to live by themselves for the night. They will then all meet up to be officially welcomed by host Jeff Probst and start the game the next morning. “The whole idea was to try and get them thinking and maybe believing that they would play as a pair,” says Probst.

* Just minutes after congregating, the returning players and their loved ones will be split into two different tribes, with the returning players making up the yellow Galang tribe and the newbies comprising the red Tadhana tribe. “Suddenly your partner becomes your adversary, your competition,” says Probst. “And that was the whole premise of Blood Vs. Water. How is that going to play out in a game where only one person can win?”

* First impressions can be key in the game like Survivor, and that will prove true here as just moments after meeting each other, each team will vote one member off their tribe. They will later be informed that these people have not been voted out of the game, but rather will be sent to Redemption Island, which makes its return after having been absent for the past three seasons. There they will battle to stay alive and reenter the game at a later point.

* Confused yet? Well, it gets even more confusing! Jeff Probst will then immediately offer each of the loved ones of the two people voted off the opportunity to trade places with them, meaning that if, say, returning player Tina is voted out of her tribe at the start, her daughter Katie can opt to take her place at Redemption Island instead, and Tina would then join the tribe of newbies.

* As mentioned, Redemption Island is back. Anyone voted out will be sent there and will then compete in a three person duel. The last place finisher in each contest is out of the game for good, while the top two remain. However, if someone’s loved one is still in the game they can take their loved one’s place before a duel. (So if, say, Monica is at Redemption Island but her husband Brad thinks he would do better at a duel involving strength, he can swap places with her, electing to do the duel while she takes his place on his tribe. They could then swap again at the next duel if it is a contest better suited to her strengths.) “That puts blood and water to the test,” says Probst. “And we’re gonna do it at every duel. So the first time early in the game, somebody may say ‘It’s just too early.” But as those duels increase and they get closer to what they think might be a merge, their strategy is going to start to change.”

* That’s not all when it comes to Redemption Island. The person who finishes first in each duel will also get to give a clue to the location of a hidden immunity idol to any person from either tribe that they choose. “There’s all these things you can do,” says Probst. “Because for a moment, even though you’re on the outest, furthest part of the game, you have a little bit of power.”

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
Link to the above article:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/08/21/survivor-blood-vs-water-new-cast-and-lots-of-twists-revealed/

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
The very first promo vid! #survivor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDgMQK6gQUs

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
8 twists seems like too many IMO- the "Day Zero" seems redundant (I'd imagine most of them would think that they would split them up into tribes that way)- I dislike eliminating someone without really getting a shot at playing (I know it's only to stock RI).

The RI swaps though could be interesting if they play them right- it's a risk, but if your partner was on RI, but in the last cycle you had won a food reward, and then sat out the immunity challenge do even out numbers, you might want to bring the fresher player in. Plus it should shuffle the tribes early on.

The 3-way duels could be problematic if the two current players agree to try and get the newcomer out if they can, but the fact there's a HII clue for the winner might mitigate that (though they need to make those things harder to find).

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I've watched most of the introductory videos and they all seem to think they'll be playing together as a team. They are in for a surprise.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Have I missed the start date?

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
September 18th

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 10:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Wow, bunch of twists to try and keep straight.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Thursday, August 22, 2013 - 6:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Longbeach!

I will be near Niagara Falls at a Road Scholar program which sometimes has us busy in the evening. I did put it on my calendar and will try to catch it from the beginning.

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Thursday, August 22, 2013 - 7:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
Yes, so many twists. Usually, the members of the former tribes try to gain the upper hand right after the merge, and then they pick off the members of the other tribe one by one. However, this won't be so easy now that some tribe members will have their loved one on the other tribe.

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Thursday, August 22, 2013 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
Galang Tribe (returning players):

Tyson Apostol - Age: 34
Tocantins – 2nd jury member, Heroes vs. Villains – 6th voted out

Aras Baskauskas - Age: 31
Panama – Exile Island, winner

Rupert Boneham - Age: 49
Pearl Islands – 2nd jury member; All Stars – 6th jury member, won $1 million for fan favorite;Heroes vs. Villains – 7th jury member

Candice Cody (formerly Woodcock) - Age: 30
Cook Islands-5th jury member, Heroes vs. Villains – 5th jury member

Monica Culpepper - Age: 42
One World – non-jury, 5th out

Colton Cumbie - Age: 22
One World – medically evacuated on day 16 due to illness – 6th out

Kat Edorsson - Age: 23
One World – 6th jury member

Laura Morett - Age: 43
Samoa – 3rd jury member

Gervase Peterson - Age: 43
Borneo – 3rd jury member

Tina Wesson - Age: 52
Australian Outback – winner, All Stars – non-jury, 1st out

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Thursday, August 22, 2013 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
Tadhana tribe (Newbies)

Rachel Foulger - Age: 33 Dating Tyson

Vytas Baskauskas - Age: 33 Brother of Aras

Laura Boneham - Age: 44, Wife of Rupert

John Cody - Age: 30, Husband of Candice

Brad Culpepper - Age: 44, Husband of Monica
Occupation: Attorney and retired NFL player. Played for the Minnesota Vikings, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Chicago Bears.

Caleb Bankston - Age: 26, Fiance of Colton

Hayden Moss - Age: 26, Boyfriend of Kat

Ciera Eastin - Age: 24, Daughter of Laura

Marissa Peterson - Age: 21, Niece of Gervase

Katie Collins - Age:25, Daughter of Tina

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Thursday, August 22, 2013 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
I'll be rooting for Aras on the Galang Tribe and his brother, Vytas,on Tadhana. All and all, an enjoyable, diverse group of Castaways.

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, August 22, 2013 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I dont think I can bear to watch another season of Rupert in that stupid tie die tank top. Bleech.

It will be a fun season though.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Thursday, August 22, 2013 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Ex-Buc Brad Culpepper, wife tapped for 'Survivor'

http://www.tampabay.com/features/media/ex-buc-brad-culpepper-wife-tapped-for-survivor/2137579

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Monday, August 26, 2013 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
I feel your angst, Maris. Four times...c'mon now. I didn't like Rpert the first time he was on for stealing those shoes. lol

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Monday, August 26, 2013 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
Probst responds to criticism about Survivor casting, twists
Survivor Blood vs. Water
by Andy Dehnart / August 23, 2013, 1:38 PM

Survivor Blood vs. Water’s many twists, including the return of the obnoxious Redemption Island and the casting of Rupert Boneham (for the fourth time) and Colton Cumbie (who’s already been on the show one too many times), has generated a lot of negative feedback, though there are certainly many people who love things like Rupert’s return.

However, host/producer/showrunner Jeff Probst has responded to some criticism on Twitter. Probst’s responses seem to be a combination of oh-well resignation (“we’ll miss you” to people who say they won’t watch) and playfulness, like his reply to someone who said he up the reunion hosting.

As to this season, responding to the suggestion by many (including me) that this season sounds like the show is jumping the shark, he wrote,

@ruedog3 I think we jumped the shark back in season 3 when we "switched tribe members" and fans lost their minds.
— Jeff Probst (@JeffProbst) August 22, 2013

Regarding the casting of Colton Cumbie: In March 2012, Probst said, “I can’t imagine celebrating Colton and bringing him back,” though he did also say, “But, I could be wrong on that.”

He was; Colton’s back. Here’s what Probst responded to a viewer who was disgusted by that casting:

@dianndroid I do hear you on Colton. Might be worth watching to see how it plays out. But respect your decision either way.

Probst took a lighter approach to responding to criticism about four-time player Rupert:

@JeffProbst Rupert Again? isn't his 15 minutes up already? Evidently he got a groupon for another go.

The return of Redemption Island, True Dork Times’ Jeff Pittman points out, will allow someone to be voted out four times this season, thanks to the swap-out twist (FOUR TIMES). One viewer’s negative response prompted this:

@schmid3 Bummer, we'll miss you. But I get it, you have to have your boundaries.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, August 26, 2013 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Hahahaha, the Jiffie version of don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out (to those offended fans who are stalking off).