TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 27, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: An important reminder from your moderators: Archive through December 27, 2011 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, September 11, 2011 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
That is great news! Also, it seems Media News Group (which owns the Denver Post) has dropped all its agreements with Righthaven as well. Good for them!

For once the 'little guy' and the 'right side' prevailed. Kudos to those who stood up to these bullies.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, September 11, 2011 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Sunday, September 11, 2011 - 7:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Righthaven is also appealing the underlying rulings by Pro finding Righthaven lacked standing to sue Hoehn and – even if it had standing – that Hoehn was protected by fair use in posting an entire Las Vegas Review-Journal column on a sports betting website message board.

That's about the same as our case. And they might even be a for-profit website (the article didn't say if there was any income generated by traffic to that website). Our (my) biggest defense (if it had to come down to it) was no financial gain so no financial loss (and even the potential for increased traffic since the direct link was clearly posted) to "the newspaper that shall not be named". By the way, I found another site that has the entire article posted (not sure if there was a link) - just google the subject (Rubert Bonhom, Survivor, Vegas gambling). See if the original issue on this board is still in the google cache, and who else posted the article.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, September 12, 2011 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Kona, do you mean Rupert Boneham of Survivor?

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Monday, September 12, 2011 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Yes, Mame, sorry for the misspelling.

Administrator
Board Administrator

08-06-2005

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 - 9:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Administrator a private message Print Post    
* * * MAINTENANCE WARNING * * *

On Friday, October 7, 2011 from 8:00PM board time until Saturday, October 8, 2011 2:00AM, our hosting provider will be performing maintenance in the data center where our site is hosted. According to the provider:

quote:

Your hosting services may experience up to 30 minutes of intermittent availability while we perform this maintenance. We appreciate your understanding and apologize for any inconvenience.

We also apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate everyone's understanding.

TVCH Moderators & Administrator

06-29-2002

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Moderator a private message Print Post    
Notice to all Members

We have been seeing some error messages and they appear more frequently when we enable the "Recent Active Discussions" feature on our home page. Therefore, we have decided to temporarily turn-off the Recent Active Discussions feature. We know people who enjoy that feature and we are looking into it but it may take some time to resolve this issue.

Administrator
Board Administrator

08-06-2005

Friday, October 14, 2011 - 7:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Administrator a private message Print Post    
We seem to be experiencing some technical difficulties with the server today. All the relevant operating files have been rebuilt and the database reinitialized and reloaded. Hopefully that will resolve the problems we've been seeing today.

Please let us know if you see anything that doesn't work correctly.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Sunday, October 16, 2011 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Righthaven facing fraudulent transfer claim

Righthaven news (was on my Yahoo home page this morning).

http://www.vegasinc.com/news/2011/oct/16/righthaven-facing-fraudulent-transfer-claim/

Looks like they are paying their own attorneys and refusing to pay the defendent attorneys when they have lost in court - every time the defendent has refused to settle and gone to court, they lose under fair-use; and they are suppose to pay the court costs, but haven't (claiming they don't have the funds). Soon they will be completely out of money.

Hope they dissolve before they can restart suing. As for the papers filed against us, haven't heard a peep and it's been more than 120 days. Keeping our fingers crossed.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, October 16, 2011 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I believe if you weren't served in time, you can file for a dismissal...

The cases against Peter Ashton and Kathleen Peddle were dismissed by U.S. District Judge Roger Hunt in Las Vegas after Righthaven failed to show the defendants had been served in time.
<snip>
These lift to 13 the number of Righthaven dismissals for lack of service since July 20 — and more may be in the works.

http://www.vegasinc.com/news/2011/sep/02/judge-throws-out-2-more-righthaven-copyright-lawsu/

Tishala

08-01-2000

Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 9:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Marshals ordered to seize Righthaven assets
http://www.vegasinc.com/...

By Steve Green

Las Vegas copyright infringement lawsuit filer Righthaven LLC’s financial problems grew Tuesday when the federal court in Las Vegas commanded the U.S. Marshals Service to seize more than $63,000 in Righthaven assets to satisfy a creditor’s judgment and costs.

Lance Wilson, clerk of the court, signed a writ of execution requested by attorneys for Wayne Hoehn, who was sued for copyright infringement by Righthaven — but then defeated Righthaven in court when his case was dismissed this summer.

Righthaven since March 2010 has filed 275 lawsuits against websites, bloggers and message board posters claiming they infringed on material from the Las Vegas Review-Journal and the Denver Post by posting their content online without authorization.

The company’s litigation campaign stalled this summer after three suits were thrown out on fair use grounds and five judges in Nevada and Colorado ruled Righthaven lacked standing to sue because it didn’t control the newspaper copyrights it claimed to own. [etc]

the company's going to be in bankruptcy court soon

Whoami

08-02-2001

Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 2:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    

I just love kicking back in my easy chair, a nice huge bowl of popcorn in my lap as I just take in the carnage.

I know it's supposed to be wrong to take such pleasure in the suffering of another. But these jerks tried to hurt me where I live. And by golly I'm gonna gleefully and openly announce my satisfaction as I watch these guys flush themselves right down to where they belong.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 3:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
What WHO said... :-) :-) :-)

Twiggyish

08-14-2000

Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 5:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twiggyish a private message Print Post    
Ditto Who!!!!!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Tisha, thanks for keeping us updated. I'm glad these people got their due. Sometimes justice works.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I sure appreciate this news! :-)

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
They just come right out and call Righthaven a copyright troll on the top of Drudge. LOLOLOL!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Also enjoying the show.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
So glad I didn't cave into these monsters (I could see the troll a mile away). And yay for the LV courts to identify who the real criminals are in all this.
Still boycotting the LV Review Journal, though. LOL!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, November 04, 2011 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
What Whoami said! Yay!!!

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Sunday, November 06, 2011 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Sixth judge rules against Righthaven
http://www.vegasinc.com/news/2011/nov/06/sixth-judge-rules-against-righthaven/
By Steve Green (contact)
Sunday, 6 November 2011, 10:50 a.m.

Righthaven LLC of Las Vegas struck out again in court Friday when a sixth judge ruled it lacked standing to file copyright infringement lawsuits.

Robert C. Jones, chief U.S. District Court judge for Nevada, dismissed Righthaven’s copyright infringement lawsuit against news aggregator NewsBlaze LLC of Folsom, Calif.
[click on link for the rest of the story about another nail in the coffin]

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Sunday, November 06, 2011 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
This just keeps getting better and better!

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Monday, December 26, 2011 - 10:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Auction of Righthaven website domain name under way
26 December 2011
http://www.vegasinc.com/news/2011/dec/26/auction-righthaven-website-domain-name-under-way/

The online auction of the righthaven.com website domain name got under way Monday, with bidders having until Jan. 6 to submit offers.

A judge has authorized a receiver to auction the intellectual property of Las Vegas-based Righthaven LLC, the newspaper copyright infringement lawsuit filer. <snipped>

Good article. Irony to the MAX!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Good riddance. the bums.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Well now, that's the best news! Great way to bring this year to a happy ending! :-)