TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
No Dairy, Wheat or Eggs Recipes

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: tack Cooking Corner: No Dairy, Wheat or Eggs Recipes users admin

Noellepv

03-04-2010

Friday, November 25, 2011 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Noellepv a private message Print Post    
I just found out at 56 yrs old that I cannot have any airy, wheat or eggs in my diet and also no shellfish and fish. So I ask you what can I eat and is there anyone here who knows of a few good recipes for sorbets or ice creams without anything from above? Help me please I searched and could not find anything that I would want to make or eat. Oh I can have soy and nuts and corn so yeah help if you can, thanks.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Friday, November 25, 2011 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
There are many alternatives to milk, including soy and almond milk. You can also find yogurt and sour cream made with milk alternatives. (Although I dunno about a faked whipped cream! :-))

And there are a ton of gluten free options these days. If you are into baking, check out King Arthur Flour's website for their gluten free options.

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Friday, November 25, 2011 - 11:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
i use coffee mate liquid (in the half gallon size) for anything that I would need milk for. that way I can have mashed potatoes or cereal or anything i would want to eat with dairy. allergic to milk protein also.

for eggs, you need to buy the "just whites" and you can make omelets or scrambled eggs from those.

also find yourself a good health food store, they have TONS of gluten/egg/milk free foods that you can eat and also the flours for baking, etc.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Sunday, November 27, 2011 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Noellepv - check out the Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Network (www.foodallergy.org) for lots of great help, recipes, discussion forums.

Noellepv

03-04-2010

Thursday, December 01, 2011 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Noellepv a private message Print Post    
Costacat-I tried several things made from soy, almond milk and rice milk...I really don't care for them at all..so there lies the problem I guess.
Did I mention that I don't cook, so I am looking for simple things to make and eat but without any DEW.
Landileigh-All the non-dairy creamers still have derivatives of milk, so I can't have that in my coffee...but I did find only one place that sells coffee rich, frozen, and that's at Winn Dixie. I went to Whole Foods and bought a few things, but not really a selection with breads and a few other things.

I found that milk and wheat and eggs are even in the soap we use everyday, not every brand, but still...we cazn't seem to catch a break I guess.

Konamouse, yes I use that site for ideas on what I can eat..thanks for suggesting it to me.

If anyone has any type of food that they buy and eat, and I mean anything that doesn't have any of these ingredients at all, dairy, eggs and wheat, please let me know. I really appreciate you all taking the time to make suggestion to me.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Thursday, December 01, 2011 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Ya know, you've got a Whole Foods nearby. I'd ask them for help. They've got a fairly huge selection of vegan products (dairy free cheese and milks) at mine, and I've seen quite a few gluten free things in passing. (I'll occasionally buy vegan products, but totally don't do anything GF.)

Also, since you were just diagnosed, I'm guessing your doctor told you about this? If so, I'd go back to him and ask him for suggestions on what to eat or where to go to learn how to eat what you can. I think you'll find you're a bit limited if you don't really cook. There are a few sites out there with lots of recipes (search for gluten free vegan and the first one I saw was http://www.fatfreevegan.com/gluten-free/index.shtml).

One thing to be aware of is most vegan items are dairy and egg free. So that takes care of two of your issues.

Seriously, I'd haunt Whole Foods. Expensive, but they have decent vegan foods already prepared, and pretty extensive frozen foods. :-)

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Thursday, December 01, 2011 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Is quinoa considered gluten free? If so, it can be a huge help. It's fast, easy, and can be mixed with almost anything that you'd put rice or pasta with.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Friday, December 02, 2011 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Yes, quinoa is gluten-free (not related to wheat/rye/barley). Different genome.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Friday, December 02, 2011 - 6:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Yay! It's also a good source of protein and filling to boot. Since it doesn't have much inherent flavor, it can adapt to other foods with ease; we've had it in Chinese dishes, Italian dishes, Greek dishes - and they've all worked!

Noellepv

03-04-2010

Friday, December 09, 2011 - 9:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Noellepv a private message Print Post    
I want to thank you for your suggestions,I guess I have to learn to adapt to all this. I did find a wonderful recipe for ice cream and I am going to try it out soon. It's Silk full fat original coconut milk or you can use the vanilla version too and add sugar and vanilla extract or dark unsweetened chocolate or even coffee granules to make different flavors...sounds so good too!!

Happymom

01-20-2003

Monday, December 26, 2011 - 12:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I don't like soy milk but the chocolate kind is ok. Some brands taste really different from each other. There are also some really tasty soy ice creams and some that aren't so good.

You can use different types of flour that are wheat free for baking. In small quantities, you can substitute tofu for eggs. When two of my kids were vegan, I used to make banana bread that way, but I was using wheat flour. This was before I discovered egg substitute which has no eggs or egg whites in it.

You can make scrambled tofu scramble and it takes quite like a scrambled egg scramble...tofu really takes on the flavors it is with, so lots of spices, veggies, and things with a lot of flavor like sausage go great in a tofu scramble.

There are also different types of tofu from really creamy to extra firm.

I think there are gluten free pastas too, so they may be made from rice and other non wheat things.

You'll probably find lots of recipes and suggestions on the Internet. I bet you're going to get really good at reading labels! Good luck!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: