TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 01, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: tack Cooking Corner: Cakes, confections, cookies, etc.: Archive through August 01, 2011 users admin

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Cute caketopper!

Escapee

06-15-2004

Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
I may come down to San Diego next year. If I do, I will come with a cake just for you and we can meet for coffee or something. It WILL happen, LOL.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Those cookies sound delicious...I'm going to have to try them...I love shortbread cookies.

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
i have all of the ingredients for those cookies, and will make those today, i'm going to make one change though and change the cherries to chocolate chips or a hershey's kiss.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I am SO gonna hold you to it! An Escapee cake all my own? Whoo hoo!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Yummers...yes, I would probably go the chocolate route too.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Loved the shortbread cookies...they were delicious!

Escapee

06-15-2004

Monday, July 25, 2011 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    

Jmm

08-15-2002

Monday, July 25, 2011 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
Those look wonderful, Escapee.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 - 7:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I'm on a diet. I'm on a diet. I hate Escapee. I'm on a diet!

Damn you girl. Those look DELISH!!!!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 - 7:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I hate Lumbele because now I am addicted to those darned shortbread cookies (although I add chocolate chips to mine).

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I love you all - I'm NOT on a diet, I love cupcakes, I love cookies, AND I have time to cook! Sounds like a win-win situation to me. :-)

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 - 11:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Teach, you just made me smile out loud.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 - 12:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
:-)

Escapee

06-15-2004

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 - 8:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Those flavors were Cherry Vanilla, Vanilla Caramel, and Chocolate Buttercream.

Costa, whatever, you love me. Also, I am on a diet and I had to make all 50 of those and not eat any of them!

Holly

07-21-2001

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Ya gots mad skillz, Escapee!

Costacat

07-15-2000

Thursday, July 28, 2011 - 4:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
LOL Escapee!! Being on a diet and making them would have been brutal!! And yeah, it's a love/hate things. Smooch!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, July 28, 2011 - 7:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
We are having a pie contest here at work in September...I need a sure-fire, delicious pie recipe! I'm going to make a peanut butter pie but if anybody has anything else (and remember that I'm cooking impaired) that would look good and taste better I would love to see it!

Escapee

06-15-2004

Thursday, July 28, 2011 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
I have an amazing chocolate cream recipe, it's no bake!

Oreo cookie pie shell
about 4 or 5 squares of bakers chocolate
chocolate pudding
milk
butter
whipping cream

Melt 3 to 4 squares of the bakers chocolate with a tablespoon of butter in the microwave then spread across the bottom of the pie shell, let harden.

In another bowl mix a cup of milk and a large scoop of cool whip with chocolate pudding until fluffy (may have to add additional cool whip)

Pour into shell and let set for a couple hours. Top with cool whip and then grate extra chocolate over the top so it looks pretty

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Thursday, July 28, 2011 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Roxip -

Outside of Ohio and Amish country, this is not a well-known pie, but it is super easy and tastes phenomenal!

Sugar Cream Pie

Heat oven to 425.

In a bowl, sift 1 C sugar, 1/2 C flour, 1/2 tsp. salt

In a pan, heat 2 cups heavy cream, stirring occasionally, until hot but not boiling.

Dump cream into sugar mixture and stir until completely dissolved. Add 2 tsp. pure vanilla (Mexican is the best).

Put bowl in a cold water bath while you prepare the crust.

In a 9" pie plate combine 1 1/2 C flour, 2 Tb sugar, 1/4 tsp. salt. Then add 2 Tb milk. Finally, add 1/2 C canola oil and blend. Pat along bottom and sides of pie plate and brush w/egg white.

By now the filling should be cooled to room temp. Pour into pie crust (I recommend doing this as close to the oven as possible - you don't want to move it much.) Top with tiny dots of butter and sprinkle a bit of nutmeg over the top.

Cook, w/crust edges covered, for 15 min. Then lower temp to 350 and cook another 35 - 50 minutes. The top should be golden brown, and there should not be too much wiggling of the filling. Cool for at least an hour before serving.

This is sinful, it's so good - and it takes a grand total of about 20 minutes from beginning to oven. Totally easy!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, July 28, 2011 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I'm so happy that I ate Mexican food for lunch or else I would be salivating at the thought of both of those pies! Thank you...I'm going to print them off and get them a dry run this weekend!

Costacat

07-15-2000

Friday, July 29, 2011 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
This time of year I'd do a fresh fruit pie. Strawberry or peach. Both are easy, and you can cheat and use a prepared crust. But I would definitely go fresh fruit.

Take advantage of the season, and go local!!! Do a cream pie when you don't have fresh fruit!!!!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Friday, July 29, 2011 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Or make a raspberry sauce to go over the cream pie!

Is my bias showing? I'm not a huge fan of fruit pies. We make a couple strawberry and a couple blueberry and maybe a couple apple all summer, but that's it. I'd much rather do jams and frozen fruit for smoothies. Honestly, I'd rather eat cookies most days over any kind of pie.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Saturday, July 30, 2011 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
So I went to the store last night to get ingredients (and now I remember that I didn't get heavy cream...that's what happens when you go to Walmart with 2 teenagers), and I got stuck on the Bakers chocolate...there is semi-sweet, milk, unsweet...any suggestions?

I have time...this isn't until next month...I just want to practice (and of course taste) the recipes...LOL.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, August 01, 2011 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
If you're talking about Baker's Chocolate, there is only one kind. It generally comes in bars and is unsweetened. You cannot substitute something like semi-sweet chocolate chips for Baker's chocolate unless you want to completely change the dish.