TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 20, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: An important reminder from your moderators: Archive through June 20, 2011 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
That's great news. Hopefully a class action suit will also form for the Nevada based lawsuits.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Yay class action lawsuit. This whole thing is quite absurd. I would think the Attorneys General consumer protection Divisions of both Nevada and Colorado would get involved. From what I recall in working with Attorney Generals offices in various states, this seems like something right up their alley.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
I'd love to see Righthaven have to pay back all those settlements. That would make my day! That, and then of course the announcement that they have gone belly up.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Wishing we had a like button for the most recent bunch of posts! ;);)

Tishala

08-01-2000

Thursday, May 19, 2011 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Denver judge stays all Righthaven cases in Colorado
http://www.vegasinc.com/news/2011/may/19/denver-judge-stays-all-righthaven-cases-colorado/

A federal judge in Colorado today said there are serious questions about the validity of the Righthaven LLC/Denver Post copyright infringement lawsuits there, and he put them all on hold.

Senior U.S. District Judge John Kane in Denver said in orders filed in the cases that because of challenges to Las Vegas-based Righthaven’s standing to sue there over Denver Post material, he wants to resolve that issue before proceeding.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Saturday, May 21, 2011 - 7:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Locked in the courts, I'm loving these judges!!!!

Serate

08-21-2001

Friday, May 27, 2011 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Serate a private message Print Post    
Stupid question here.

In the N&V Religion thread, Karuuna stated I am also now *wildly* vigilant about making sure that none of you accidentally break them, so that none of you will get sued either.

IF one of the posters posts something that is "illegal", does that mean that TVCH admins are required to turn over any personal registration info - such as email address, real names, etc. - to those who wish to sue?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, May 28, 2011 - 6:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Serate, we haven't been asked, but most of you are pretty easily found.

ETA: the only info we really have about you is what you put in your profile, or your posts, which before they could access publicly; now of course, at least you have to be a member.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Saturday, May 28, 2011 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
Ut Row

Serate

08-21-2001

Saturday, May 28, 2011 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Serate a private message Print Post    
Thanks Karuuna. I guess I was wondering things like Email, since we have to have provide our email to register, but we don't have to show it in our profile.

Hmmm, I think I forgot to tell everybody we moved cuz hubby got transferred to, um, uh, Alaska. Yes that's it! Alaska. So we are in Alaska now. & my new job is secretary for the board of Siberian Huskies. & Hubby is the new building contractor for Igloos, Inc. So send anybody looking for me up to Alaska please.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, May 28, 2011 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
<stuffs Serate under Juju's homongous tail>

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Sunday, May 29, 2011 - 7:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
So far I've successfully avoided being served. Someone showed up at our door last Sunday but konashark ran interference (he just didn't answer it). That person went next door and started asking our neighbor questions about me (my car was parked out front but hadn't moved for a few days). Fortunately our neighbor didn't say much. We've put my car in the garage now.

Wonder how often they will try to get to me (can't be financially worthwhile to come looking that often).

Twiggyish

08-14-2000

Sunday, May 29, 2011 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twiggyish a private message Print Post    
I hate greedy people. They try to make it sound like they're "protecting" something.

Serate

08-21-2001

Sunday, May 29, 2011 - 4:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Serate a private message Print Post    
thanks Juju. I've always liked Dogs with tails.

Kona you should get a blonde wig and wear that coming and going from home. lol

Tishala

08-01-2000

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
More good news re: Right----- LLC: http://www.vegasinc.com/news/2011/jun/14/judge-rules-righthaven-lacks-standing-sue-threaten/

A judge has ruled that they lack the standing to sue over Journal-Review articles, "that it has misled the court and threatening to impose sanctions against Righthaven." [Pardon the ungrammatical sentence]

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Most excellent news: (from the VegasInc article linked in Tisha's post)

"This could lead to dismissal of all of the pending Review-Journal litigation and, depending on the exact wording of the MediaNews contract, possibly the Denver Post litigation as well," said Goldman, associate professor at California's Santa Clara University School of Law and director of its High Tech Law Institute.

Hermione69

07-23-2002

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hermione69 a private message Print Post    
*likes*

Pamy

01-02-2002

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 7:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
we should sue their ass for stressing us out

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
let's file a class action!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 9:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Happy days are here again! ♫

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, not quite. They still get to appeal, and the lawsuits against those from TVCH are still in effect. But things are certainly looking up!

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
"LIKE"!!!!!!
Just keep dodging any attempt to "serve" me until mid-Sept :-)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Or until 2 weeks from now when they hopefully will throw out all the lawsuits....

Administrator
Board Administrator

08-06-2005

Thursday, June 16, 2011 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Administrator a private message Print Post    
Please be advised that we are performing some maintenance on the board and the domains associated with the board. During this maintenance, it is possible some people may experience problems accessing the board. We hope these situations are rare and short lived but they may happen, even though we are taking all the precautions we can to prevent any problems.

If you experience problems accessing the board, please try changing the address to our alternate domain, bigbrotherfanclub.com (in place of tvclubhouse.com) temporarily. This should get you back onto the board while the changes to the primary domain are happening.

Unfortunately, another issue with these changes is that we may temporarily lose our primary e-mail addresses for contacting us. Instead of moderator@tvclubhouse.com, if you need to contact us you should use TVCHModerator@gmail.com instead.

Again, these changes are intended to be very temporary and only necessary until the maintenance has been completed.

We fully expect everything to be working completely normally long before the new season of Big Brother.

Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Monday, June 20, 2011 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
http://righthavenvictims.blogspot.com/
Sharing some good intel.
I have sent an email to EFF (Electronic Frontier Foundation) asking to be put on their list.