TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 17, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: An important reminder from your moderators: Archive through May 17, 2011 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 - 7:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
In addition to having TVCH remember yur name and password in a cookie, you must also be sure you have NOT checked clear my cookies when I leave.

Sometimes when a change like this is made, you will need to remove your *old* TVCH cookie, so it can properly set a new one as well.

Twiggyish

08-14-2000

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twiggyish a private message Print Post    
I'm having to sign in each time, but it's no biggie.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
right after the change I had to log in but since then when i come here im logged in already

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 - 10:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I am guessing since Pamy and I both only come here via the Search function and search new messages, we automatically log in when we do the search. I know if my username is not filled in, it used to only search for the public folders.

Well, hell, let me go do a search now and erase my username. See what happens.

Well, that is interesting. Since I already have a Search Results tab open, it just takes me there. Will try again tomorrow, or after I am done using today's Results page.

I do not have to fill in a password on the Search New Messages page, but I think I have it checked to remember it in a cookie. My username is already filled in.

Jkm

07-10-2002

Friday, May 13, 2011 - 7:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jkm a private message Print Post    
Could we please also copy this thread to the System Area\Announcements thread?

Before I figured out to log in on the very top and instead was logging in to each discussion -- that's where I went to see what had changed... Just as sometime readers/posters come back - that's where I'd go looking first to figure out why

Side benefit from all this -- Board will get a better idea of how many of us really do come to the board but were not logging into the members only areas
Thanks!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, May 13, 2011 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Jkm - I'm reluctant to post anything to the one area that remains public for now.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Friday, May 13, 2011 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
How about just posting the info of logging in? I think that's all that Jkm is concerned about right now.

Jkm

07-10-2002

Saturday, May 14, 2011 - 6:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jkm a private message Print Post    
Sorry, didn't realize that one was still public.. :-)

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, May 14, 2011 - 7:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I'm confused. What is still public? Thought the whole board was private/members only, now.

Holly

07-21-2001

Saturday, May 14, 2011 - 7:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
This is all so cloak and dagger.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, May 14, 2011 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
The three topics under "The Clubhouse" are still public. That's all.

It's not cloak and dagger Holly. It's called "protecting all the members of TVCH" from further harassment.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, May 14, 2011 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Okay, so it's a given that I'm dumber than a stump... But WHICH 3 topics, WHERE under "The Clubhouse" are still public?

Debra

11-20-2003

Saturday, May 14, 2011 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Debra a private message Print Post    

A picture is worth ...

Pamy

01-02-2002

Saturday, May 14, 2011 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
and its only the 3 topics in the red box above. in the picture you can see members rooms and comm cornter, those are still private :-)

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, May 14, 2011 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    

That pic really was worth a thousand explanations, thx Debra.

Debra

11-20-2003

Saturday, May 14, 2011 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Debra a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the help Pamy and your welcome Mame.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, May 14, 2011 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thank Ms. Kar & Ms. Pamydoll. Sometimes I have comprehension problems, and I basically need things that may be obvious to others, clarified.

Lyn

08-07-2002

Saturday, May 14, 2011 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
Three days in a row I can post! After not being able to on my PC for a year, this is exciting! Thanks guys

And to my IPhone who kept me in the loop since August, I'll still love you...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, May 15, 2011 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Now both computers have gone belly-up (one went into the shop today) and I am so happy to have this iPod Touch and small fingers.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Monday, May 16, 2011 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
http://www.vegasinc.com/news/2011/may/10/citadel-broadcasting-settles-righthaven-lawsuit/

And here's the story (my quotes were from an email to the reporter without him asking me any questions nor did he reply/tell me he was posting an article with my quotes). I found this article today just looking for updates on the lawsuits and what the Las Vegas judge was doing (was suppose to rule on an issue Thursday that would have made the current suit moot but that appears to be postponed for another month).

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, May 16, 2011 - 5:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Huh!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, May 16, 2011 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It still appears that Righthaven may be judged as not having legal standing to sue in these matters, so that's what we will continue to hope for. They have 'amended' their original agreement with the owner of the LV review journal - to "clarify' their arrangement, which to me says they knew the holes in the agreement were discovered.

But it still may not hold water, several judges are annoyed that no mitigation was attempted before suing (ie, simply contacting the websites and asking them to remove the material). The agreement itself still appears to be a right to sue (which is illegal), rather than a true transfer of the copyright, since it only allows Righthaven to lease the article back to the publication it bought the copyright from. Therefore they can't claim damages from anyone else publishing the articles.

I hate that our community has gotten caught up in this mess, and can only hope that it all gets thrown out soon.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
The good guy lawyers have responded to Righthaven's lame attempt to claim they really do own the copyrights (that they don't really own):

http://www.vegasinc.com/news/2011/may/16/critics-amendments-fail-fix-flaws-righthaven-cases/

My favorite quote:

quote:

The amendments of May 9 "do little more than re-arrange deck chairs on the Titanic," attorneys for Randazza Legal Group wrote in briefs filed Sunday.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
LOL!!! "rearrange deck chairs"!!!

Tishala

08-01-2000

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
They've been hit with a class-action suit now: http://www.vegasinc.com/news/2011/may/17/righthaven-hit-class-action-counterclaim/