TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Misc. projects that don't need a whol...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: tack The Hobby Hall: Misc. projects that don't need a whole thread users admin

Wargod

07-16-2001

Thursday, August 19, 2010 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
I'm looking for some ideas.

Last season, I decided to make a dvd from the pics I had taken of the girls softball season. Up til then, I'd been making Dakota a scrapbook at the end of every season but when my two nieces started playing I thought dvd's would be easier and it was something we could share with their team.

I thought (and so did everyone I heard from afterwards) that the dvd turned out great. It was pretty simple, about 15 minutes long, used a couple of the cool little features like adding music, transitions, credits. There were only 10 girls on the team so it was pretty easy to break the pics into subjects and make sure each girl had an equal amount of pics.

Fall ball season has started (right now it's just practices, but I get better pics now because I can walk around the field and get closer to them than during games.) And I want to start choosing pics I'll use on the dvd and organizing them into subjects so that at the end of the season I'm not sitting here going through 5 months worth of pics. But, I can't figure out how to do that!

Last time, I broke the pics into subjects: pitching, catching, hitting, sliding, throwing, practice, coaches, and tournaments (probably missed a couple.) With 10 girls on the team it was pretty easy to make sure I had a few pics of each girl in each subject, except for pitching/catching (we only had a couple girls who played those positions) and I made up for that by featuring the rest of the girls in another subject.

My problem is that this time around there are 18 girls on this team. I don't want the dvd to be too long, want to make sure I have equal amount of pics of each girl, but can't figure out the subjects. I can break it into positions and practices, coaches, etc like the last dvd or seperate them by girl (a section for Kota, a section for oldest niece, etc.,) or in order by practice, games, tournaments.

Part of the problem is once games start, I don't get the best pics of the outfield girls since I'm using a regular digital camera (and not looking to replace it anytime soon.) With so many girls on the team, I'm worried I'll have more pics of some girls than others just because of the positions they play (easy to get a bunch of good pictures of pitchers, catchers, 1st base, than left or right field.

How would ya'll break softball pics into subjects? And how long should the dvd be with 18 girls on the team? And how the heck do I make sure I have the same number of pics of each girl?

Lumbele

07-11-2002

Sunday, October 24, 2010 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lumbele a private message Print Post    
War, sorry you never got a reply. Unfortunately, I know diddly about softball and would be no help either.
Did you ever figure out how best to do it?

Wargod

07-16-2001

Sunday, October 24, 2010 - 9:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Yep, I'm not doing it.

The way this team is run, 6-7 girls routinely spend more time on the bench than on the field (and if I speak anymore about that I will get really, really grumpy because the whole situation ticks me off no end.) As a result I have a ton of pictures of 10-11 girls and hardly any of those poor 6-7 girls.

Decided I would feel really crappy making a dvd where some of the girls were hardly in it. Despite what one or two people think, all 17 girls are part of the team and it wouldn't be a team dvd if some of the girls aren't in it. So, no dvd this season.

Lumbele

07-11-2002

Monday, October 25, 2010 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lumbele a private message Print Post    
That sucks big time, but I can certainly understand why you are scrapping it. Hope the situation improves.

Cathie

08-16-2000

Friday, April 22, 2022 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cathie a private message Print Post    
I am looking for information about using a Cricut or Silhouette. I want to cut out multiple shapes of fabric and want them to be precise and consistent. Would these machines do the job? Any suggestions or pros, cons, welcome.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, April 22, 2022 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I'm curious about Cricut too.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, April 23, 2022 - 3:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
My niece has one that she uses for her art work. I can call my sister later today and ask her about it. So, if there's any other questions about it, post it here and I will ask her when I call.

Cathie

08-16-2000

Saturday, April 23, 2022 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cathie a private message Print Post    
Grooch, sorry I did not see your post earlier. I went ahead and bought the Cricut Maker, thinking my project should be simple but am having a difficult time. So far I have been doing it on an iPad Cricut app, so maybe I need to get started on the desktop. The help info I google foes not match my iPad screen. Frustrated first day.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: