TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Steam Mops

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: tack Buyers Banter: Steam Mops users admin

Holly

07-22-2001

Sunday, July 19, 2009 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
I'm wondering if anyone uses a steam mop and if so, would give their opinion. I'm looking to buy one as my house is all tiles; I recently bought a cheap one just to see if I liked, and I do, but it's very flimsy and I don't expect it to last long. So now I'm in the market for a better one that will last at least a few years. Anyone used the Shark, Bissell, or any others you'd recommend. Thoughts?

Beachcomber

08-26-2003

Sunday, July 19, 2009 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beachcomber a private message Print Post    
Holly, I have the Shark and it does great on my tile floors in the bathrooms. It is so much easier to get out and use than the mop.

Holly

07-22-2001

Sunday, July 19, 2009 - 6:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
I've heard that it's quite hard to push, Beach, and you have to push it to keep the steam coming. True?

Also that the handle is very flimsy (which is the problem with the one I have).

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
No its not hard to push-you do have to lightly push down on it to get the steam flowing out.My complaint is the electrical cord is not very long.Costco has them for $49 right now. Theres another brand called Hahn(I believe), it looks better than the Shark.

Holly

07-22-2001

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Seriously? The cheapest I've seen them on sale for here is $79. Do you need a club member card for Costco?

Texannie

07-16-2001

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
can you use them on vinyl tile flooring?

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Im so sorry Holly,I meant "Big Lots"-its a discount store in Texas and I guess other states.No, you dont need a membership.

Holly

07-22-2001

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
NP Lakecat! They had them in our Big Lots here once for $59 but they sold out before the flyer was even released! I think they only had a total of 4 or something too, so probably the employees (or their friends) got them . Happens a lot with our Big Lots.

Texannie, yes, they're apparently great on linoleum and ceramic tiles. Sometimes there's problems with laminate.

Beachcomber

08-26-2003

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beachcomber a private message Print Post    
Holly, sorry I missed your post on 7/19 but the last week or so has been very busy for me. I haven't had any issues with mine being hard to use or flimsy. It glides right along on tile and I would think it would do the same on laminate. It is kind of a fluid motion with pushing it forward so that it also pushes the handle downwards and steam is released.

Texannie

07-16-2001

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
thanks Holly. bummer, i am not sure where there is a big lots round me...costco i know! LOL

Tishala

08-01-2000

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 - 5:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
I have one and I hate it. I'm dogsitting right so I'm not sure what brand it is other than that it said "as advertised on TV on the box and it cost $49 on sale, which shocked me because I was apparently looking at some other price when I decided to get it. I only mop in my kitchen and bathroom in my apartment, and this week I decided it was less of a pain--and cleaner--to scrub the floor on my hands and knees.

ETA: Just checked online. It's a Lysol steam mop.

Abby7

07-17-2002

Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
Anyone have this: .

https://www.amazon.com/BISSELL-1940-Powerfresh-Steam-Blue/dp/B0091YYUAM

Ready to buy it. Just wondering, though, can anyone here recommend a steam mop?

Abby7

07-17-2002

Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 10:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
Changed my mind. Getting the steam vacuum instead. I'll let you know if worth $/works well.

Abby7

07-17-2002

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
Purchased: https://www.bissell.com/symphony-pet-all-in-one-vacuum-and-steam-mop-1543

Think I like it. However, tested it out with the free disposable cleaner pads. Won't use those again....don't like the "filmy look" the chemicals on those pads left. Will use the washable pads next......since I'm keeping it.

Abby7

07-17-2002

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
eta, only tried it on hardwood floors and tile. (Carpet next)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: