TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Broadway and all Stage Shows

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The Entertainment Place: Broadway and all Stage Shows users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through April 25, 2013Calamity25 04-25-13  10:44 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, June 08, 2014 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I saw parts of the Tony Awards tonight and after seeing Neil Patrick Harris doing a bit from Hedwig and the Angry Inch, I commented that I thought he would win and he did. What an amazing actor he is! Congrats NPH!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, June 09, 2014 - 6:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
A friend of mine took me to the Bass Hall in Fort Worth to see Jersey Boys yesterday. I love live theater!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, June 09, 2014 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Isn't Jersey Boys great! So glad to got to see it live. Am looking forward to the movie too.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, June 09, 2014 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
It was really good. I found that I love the process of theater - I was amazed by the set and by the way they used the stage, and by the amazingly small cast. Most especially I loved the true talent of the actors, and also the moments when after an incredibly great performance and the audience showing its appreciation the actor would step down from his "character" and appreciate the applause (which I doubt they could get away with in some performances but was appropriate in this one). Singing Frankie Valli can't be easy.

Also, I've found my new crush and his name is Quinn VanAntwerp (who plays Bob Caudio in the play). I could become a serious stalker...LOL!

Egbok

07-13-2000

Monday, June 09, 2014 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I want to see The Jersey Boys" live in theatre before I see the movie rendition.

I was fortunate to see "Rocky" in NYC on Broadway about 2 weeks ago. As Roxip mentioned above with "Jersey Boys", the sets used with "Rocky", transitioned so smoothly and seamlessly. This was a fun show to see!

Bluejaxrock

04-23-2004

Sunday, June 15, 2014 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluejaxrock a private message Print Post    
RIP Kasey Kasem.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, June 15, 2014 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
:-(

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, March 31, 2016 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Saw "Something Rotten recently and absolutely loved it. Am trying to think of a way to get back to Broadway and see it again soon. Even managed to get several of the cast members autographs including Shakespeare himself, Christian Borle.

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Bette Midler just set a record for Broadway first day sales. Over 9 million in ticket sales. She's starring in "Hello Dolly." Love me some Bette, but I've always disliked "Hello Dolly" to the extent that I wouldn't even go see it for Bette Midler. Good for her, though - she's an American original.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, October 10, 2016 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Huzzah! Something Rotten is touring and I just bought tickets to see it again.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Ha! i made it to NYC. I'm having dinner right now and then I'm going to see "Get On Your Feet" afterwards. Im so excited!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That will be fun!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, May 22, 2017 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Just saw the touring company of Something Rotten. Although I thought Adam Pascall as Shakespeare was a bit weak, it was still a fun evening. We drove to Omaha and went with my sisters and father and they really enjoyed it. The whole audience seemed to be having a good time. I was surprised that I had forgotten some of the scenes. I blame chemo brain as I saw it not long after my last treatment and the fact that I have listened to the CD well over 200 times, so that I know the music and forgot the play parts. The A Musical number all but brings the house down each performance.

If you get a chance, go see this wonderful ORIGINAL not based on a movie, book or play musical and have a fun filled night at the theatre.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, May 22, 2017 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Sounds enjoyable and if it comes to town I will try to get to see it. Yeah I hear you about chemo brain lately I'm having trouble remembering words usually names and it's worse than the usual fibro fog.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, May 22, 2017 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Sugar, I'm glad you got to see it and enjoy it so much. When the whole audience gets into a show, it's the best.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, May 21, 2018 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Omg! I am SOOOO excited! My brother just called me and surprised me with tickets to see Lyle Lovett and his Large Band in concert in August.

I saw him perform once before and it was one of the best concerts I've been too. And there are no bad seats in the house.

I can't wait!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, May 21, 2018 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I saw him years ago at Gruene Hall in New Braunfels. I didn't have a clue who he was but he was definitely unique!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, May 21, 2018 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Lol! But he's from Texas!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, May 21, 2018 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Enjoy!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, May 21, 2018 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
LOL...well, he's from Texas, but more specifically he is Austin Weird. Which is a compliment to an Austin person!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, May 21, 2018 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
He is from Tomball, north of Houston and till lives here for the most part. Have a wonderful time!!!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, July 04, 2019 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
If anyone has the opportunity to see the touring company of "The Play That Goes Wrong" please do so. It is delightfully funny and very well done. It is part of the Broadway series touring with "Hamilton" so tickets are hard to find. I tried 3 different cities before I could get tickets and it was worth every minute of the 3.5 hour drive to Des Moines.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, July 04, 2019 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Sounds wonderful Sugar. Hopefully it will come to Toronto.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, July 04, 2019 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Mameblanche, I think you would really enjoy The Play That Goes Wrong so I hope it is Toronto bound.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 7:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
My former employer saw that play in New York last year - he absolutely loved it!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
There is a Youtube bit of it, I think from a Royal Variety performance. Take a gander at that for a good laugh and to whet your whistle until you can see it in the theater.
I would see it again and hubby said he would too.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, January 21, 2022 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
On PBS tonight, they are showing Opening The Broadway Revival.

Link

quote:

Go behind the scenes of Broadway as shows reunite, rehearse and re-stage for their long-awaited reopening nights while the theater industry learns how to turn the lights back on after its longest hiatus in history due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Well, from the link, I see it already started airing. They were talking about it on tv this morning, and it sounded really good.

Edited to add that it's under Great Perfomances. The man talking about it this morning said that Broadway brings in more money to NYC than all the sports teams combined.

And to think that Broadway doesn't raise my cable bill the way that sports does. (A pet peeve of mine.)

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, January 21, 2022 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the info Grooch!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, January 21, 2022 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thx Sugar & Grooch. :-)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: