TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
What Are You Listening 2 Right Now?

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The Entertainment Place: What Are You Listening 2 Right Now? users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through July 17, 2015Juju2bigdog25 07-17-15  8:34 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, July 18, 2015 - 6:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
In preparation for the Fergus Highland Games that I'll be going to in August, I've been listening to one of the bands that will be performing that weekend: The Red Hot Chili Pipers. Specifically their Bagpipe Rock and Bagrock to the Masses albums. Love them and the bonus is that Albannach is also playing Fergus this year.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Love, love love the bagpipes, Teach. They always give me goosebumps! :-)

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, November 16, 2015 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Funny Teach, just yesterday I downloaded Red Hot Chili Peppers version of " Let Me Entertain You" it has a bagpipe vibe to it.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, November 16, 2015 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
:-) Now I'll have to check it out. Today was a We Were Promised Jetpacks kind of day.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, November 16, 2015 - 7:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
This doesn't sound as good as the I tunes version at all. I never knew they were into Irish and Scottish music
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Py_Zo7d_qlE

Lyn

08-07-2002

Tuesday, June 28, 2016 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
Nat King Cole - Straighten Up and Fly Right (Aka Happy Feet)

Hubby and I would sometimes to listen to Nat in bed at night and whenever this song came on, our feet would dance lol)

Lyn

08-07-2002

Thursday, July 28, 2016 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
Irish Rovers - Wasn't That a Party

(Forgot how lighthearted it is)

Rosie

11-12-2003

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
barbra singing with her son - how deep is the ocean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0BFpo8huU8

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Camelot movie soundtrack

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 8:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Camelot movie soundtrack again. The movie was released in '67. Lancelot and Guinevere had a son in '69. They were married in 2006. Neither had married in all those years.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Rosie, thanks for that link,they sang beautifully. It also led me to clips of Babs and Hugh Jackman and another fun one with Melissa McCarthy.

I am listening, yet again, to the soundtrack of Something Rotten.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Styx Greatest Hits. We had a leak in our building and they have loud fans running right behind my desk. This is an effective means of drowning it out. Plus I love Styx.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, July 28, 2017 - 12:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the Babs and son link, Rosie. I had no idea she had a son or had sung with him. Made me cry.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, July 28, 2017 - 5:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I met Dennis DeYoung at work in the early '80s. Came into law firm where I was working in Chicago.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, July 28, 2017 - 6:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I was a huge Tommy Shaw fan but Dennis DeYoung is the voice behind most of Styx's greatest hits. Apparently he doesn't tour with them now though.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, July 28, 2017 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Cleaning garage and found my cassette tapes from the 80s - 90s. Listening to Alison Moyet- Rain Dancing tape right now.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, December 15, 2017 - 11:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just downloaded Elton John's "Diamonds". Oh how I love these old songs of his.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, December 16, 2017 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I had been listening to Straight No Chaser their Christmas album, then Joemy Wilson on Hammered Dulcimer, now have Peter Paul and Mary in the car.. Such nostalgia.

Mostly hearing Christmas songs since we have been singing at assisted living places the last weeks.

Lyn

08-06-2002

Friday, February 16, 2018 - 5:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
Nat King Cole - Straighten Up and Fly Right

DH and my "Happy Feet" song

Mack

07-22-2002

Friday, February 16, 2018 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Going way back for some of you and listening to Randy Edelman. Randy Edelman? OK. Edelman really started in the mid 70’s and had a couple of good to great albums. Unfortunately he was up against Barry Manilou and Neil Diamond and his vocals at the time didn’t catch on. His songs did and Weekend in New England was written by Randy but actually a hit for Barry Manilou. Edelman went on to compose and direct numerous film sound tracks like Gettysburg, DragonHeart, and Last of the Mohicans and a few dozen more. Anyhow, Randy Edelman brings me back to a trying and critical time in my life and in a way it’s comfortable but sad at the same time.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: