TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
The "I don't know what thread to put ...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The "I don't know what thread to put this in" thread... users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
ARCHIVESMack2575 104 04-04-23  9:29 am
Archive through April 24, 2023Sugar25 04-24-23  7:16 pm
Archive through June 30, 2023Naja25 06-30-23  5:35 am
Archive through September 28, 2023Seamonkey25 09-28-23  10:25 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 28, 2023 - 10:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Kitt. I finally realized I was thinking how could I cut the 1/2 pill down to 1/3, since I already have so many cut in half. That's why I was thinking 1/3, instead of 2/3.

It was 1/3 per dose and 2/3s for the day.

I think I can start tomorrow and just do 3/4 for the day and see if he can tolerate that.

Thanks again for all the help, I really needed to talk it thru to figure it all out.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 28, 2023 - 10:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Sylvester is a cat and he doesn't do well with things mixed into his food. I have to put the pill down his throat which he tolerates quite well. I have been surprised.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, September 29, 2023 - 4:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I'm losing it. I don't know why I addressed my response to Naja. Losing it? I'm gone???

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, September 29, 2023 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Dipo, you can achieve the same by using a small syringe and shooting it into the back of his mouth. I like putting a bit of tuna juice in with it. :-)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, September 30, 2023 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, I have not had much interest in Tuna Juice. I have a weird kitties. One I hardly get to eat wet food, and neither are very interested in human food.

I did get some raw pork food that Sylvester was very interested in. It says to hydrate it, that is the best way. Naturally, Sylvester likes it dry.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, September 30, 2023 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks everyone for your ideas. And thanks Kitt for helping me do MATH, lol.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, September 30, 2023 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Cats are definitely opinionated and very much individuals...

@billispeaks on Instagram and YouTube is a cat who was introduced to buttons @fluentpet at age 11. Billi is amazing.. Her mom, Kendra, is a traveling zoo veterinarian.. Like a traveling nurse, so she does know a lot about animal behavior.

Billi has had some serious medical issues and over the summer had procedures and the only medication was really foul tasting. Kendra was able to communicate that the meds would make her feel better AND that Billi would then get fed. And Billi started asking .. pressing the medication button to remind them.. She really got it. Currently she is on a medication that is not foul tasting, but she reminds them..

My cat is so fierce.. But her only taste of CHURU has me convinced that if a med would be small enough she might just wolf it down.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, October 01, 2023 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Has anyone tried the Raw Foods for cats? I got some for Sylvester, PetExpress had given me a sample I gave him the other day.

Anyway, I just watched him search the office for the bag of it. He went all over because he knows it is in the office somewhere, LOL.

I had to put it in the file cabinet because he had found it before and was trying to open it himself.

Hahahahaha ... he only likes it not re-hydrated.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, October 01, 2023 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
The Managers/Owner of the mobile home park I live in have gotten completely unreasonable and mean. They say all pets either have to stay inside or be on a leash if they are outside. My cat had always been an outside cat. In fact, he just showed up on my front porch when he was a kitten. I took him in, got shots, had him chipped and neutered. But he has always went in and out. Now they want him to stay in. He does not understand why he cannot go out anymore. He stands at the doorand meows pitifully to 6y7go out. I can't let him out. The note on the door about this says if I don't follow the rules, I'll be evicted. I don't have anywhere else to go. Don't know of any empty lots and could not afford to move even if it was possible. He manages to slip past me everytime I open the door. I've tried to lock him in a room. He manages to get out. I barely managed to get him in his cat carrier to take him to the vet. He can't/won't stay in there. I don't know what to do. It's stressing me out. I've got to get groceries tomorrow. Will have to try to figure something out.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, October 01, 2023 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
He was walking on the keyboard. The reason for the typos.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, October 01, 2023 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Hecka, it does take them quite a long time to get used to being indoor only. Hang in there.

A way to help make the transition easier is to get a catio (if you can afford it), or a cat tunnel/playpen.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, October 01, 2023 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I can't afford anything. But might try to get a pet crate.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, October 01, 2023 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
You could make him a cat tunnel out of cardboard boxes from the grocery store.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, October 01, 2023 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I got tunnel segments at Dollar Tree back when everything WAS a dollar so for 5 or 6 dollars we have a tunnel that crosses the living room. Katniss likes that.

I got Katniss at the shelter and I could never let a cat be outside here (just not something I've ever done since my first cats in 1966) but now in our area the coyotes are too much and cats disappear.

I was paranoid about door dashing when I got Katniss home. She had already managed to unzip the carrier and went towards the open car window on I405! I hit the window up buttons immediately and got her home loose in the car and got her back in the carrier to get her inside. So.. for an entire year everything was in my room and she and I were in the room overnight and any time I was going to open a door, I hauled her upstairs to be in my room. Since that year she is free to roam most of the house on both floors and I've been able to keep her inside. Did lots of praise for NOT door dashing and that has worked, thank goodness.

I wonder, though, if it is legal for your park to change rules that must have been in your contract.

I have a friend who has lived in her mobilehome park here for over 50 years and she chose that park because they allowed dogs. When they changed the rules, her dog was grandfathered in as long as he lived. They do allow dogs under a certain weight and cats but they have to be inside. Dogs must be carried or driven out of the park to be walked. Since my friend is now 88, she hasn't had another dog since that would just be too difficult. Until recently she had an indoor cat.

Cats can be trained to walk on a harness.. some cats really enjoy that, while others don't..

If there is a room you can put the cat in when you go out, of course you want to have cat beds and places where the cat can see outside to enrich the area.

Cats certainly do love boxes! (Even lions, as one zoo found out. they needed large boxes, though)

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, October 02, 2023 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Well, I was going to order a pet crate online but it cost more in shipping than the crate cost. So I'll have to go to a local pet store and see what they have. That's another trip outside. I thought I had him trapped in one of the bathrooms, but when I got home from the grocery store, he was already out and slipped outside. I went ahead and unloaded the groceries before putting him back inside. It's been difficult.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, October 02, 2023 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
My SIL reminded me my shipping should be free with Amazon Prime. So it's ordered. I just hope it's big enough and strong enough. His old cat carrier is almost too small.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Monday, October 02, 2023 - 5:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I wonder if lots of active indoor play to tire him out might be helpful? When I was temporariy cat-sitting an outfoor cat that had to stay in my apartment when I had him, I would lure him into the bedroom with a bite or two of turkey and then close him in there away from the hall door! I only had him for a few days, but it worked during that time for me!!!

You might try a harness and an outdoor tether. You will need to stay close in case of agresssive dogs/coyotes!!!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, October 02, 2023 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Our neighbor did that all the time. Tethered their cat to the tree for an hour or so every day. They let the leash be long enough so the cat scurry part way up the tree if there was danger.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, October 10, 2023 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I've been putting him in the crate when I'm not going to be gone that long. Still tried the bathroom while I went to get groceries, at least, he's in there long enough for me to get out the door, then I put him in the crate while I unloaded the groceries into the house. He's still very unhappy though.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, November 28, 2023 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
For Giving Tuesday don't forget to check the charities at CharityWatch, Charity Navigator or Guidestar to confirm that the majority of the money is spent on helping and not on the founders' and workers salary.

I have no problem with some of the funds going for operational costs, but it doesn't really help if the majority of the donation does. JMO.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, December 13, 2023 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I've been sorting through all documents and paperwork for my big move. I have wallets full of receipts for every year since 1997, when we came to the US. Today I was going through the 1999 and 2000 ones. Believe it or not, that is almost a quarter of a century ago.

Mostly I just flick through for the few things I'd like to keep, and receipts that have to be shredded rather than just recycled. I noticed a few things.

I used cash A LOT. I also used to go to the ATM a lot, often getting out just $20 at a time, which seems like it wouldn't buy anything now.

I also went shopping a lot. Lots of small trips to buy a few things, whereas now I go for big shops.

The receipts back then were almost all skinny little kind of counting machine tallies, often not having what was bought on them, just the prices. Then if you paid by card, there was an extra thin paper receipt for the card details, or a big cheque sized slip that they ran through the machine.

This might not apply to many, but we saw loads of movies at the theatre. I found the stubs for Blast From the Past, which we saw in 1999. It's one of my favourite movies, and it's strange because I cannot remember not having seen it. It's not like some other movies at the time (or earlier) that I remember seeing and being so thrilled by, but it's just one I feel like has always existed. But it didn't, and we first saw it in 1999.

Anyway, just some observations on how buying habits have changed.

Btw, if anyone also has wallets of receipts, go through them periodically, don't find yourself with 25 years of them to go through like me! There aren't many that need actual shredding, but there are lots with partial credit card numbers on them (and my main credit card number hasn't changed) and lots with signatures. We're going to drown them in a tub of water with a bit of bleach maybe, mush them about and let them sit for a while. Hopefully when we ring them out they won't be legible.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, December 13, 2023 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I have / had tons of receipts and other paper records. For years I was very organized with them. Lately I've let it go. Realized I don't need to keep it all. Few years ago when I was giving blood, "nurse" didn't put much of a bandage on the needle puncture. When I was still there having some juice and crackers noticed my long sleeve was very bloody. No problem finding 10 -15 year old receipt for that shirt. They reimbursed me.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Wednesday, December 13, 2023 - 10:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
I would have a hard time finding a receipt for last week, let alone the past. I just do not keep them.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, December 13, 2023 - 11:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Mine were all tidy until 2013, then 2014 onwards were in one giant box. It has been handy at times when I've needed a receipt, but that hasn't been often. And nothing as dramatic as a bloody sleeve!

When I wish I'd done was got rid of cash receipts for small things straight away, then maybe yearly gone through the rest and got rid of the ones with groceries, non-important stuff.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, December 13, 2023 - 11:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Nothing is tidy here.. maybe in the past..

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, December 14, 2023 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, I have managed to recycle / shred my receipts for things like restaurants, etc, those show up on my credit card statement.

And then if it's tax deductible I log it in my excel spreadsheet and file it away in my folder.

Now you remind me, it is probably time to shred a tax folder or two, that I have in my file cabinet.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, December 18, 2023 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
RN Always trust your instincts, no matter what. I usually trust mine, but sometimes I think I’m just blowing something out of proportion. Here’s my story…

About 6 years ago, I was having problems with my foot. My regular doctor thought it was a Morton’s neuroma and sent me to a podiatrist. I went and as soon as he came into the room, I had a really bad vibe about him. But, he did his thing, charged me way too much and wanted to see me again in 6 weeks. I left and decided this was not for me. I’d just deal with it myself cause I did not want to go back. Couldn’t place anything specific, just didn’t like him.
Well, tonight, the local news is reporting a local podiatrist has been arrested for multiple counts of sexual abuse with his patients. You guessed it, it’s the same podiatrist that creeped me out.
The moral of the story is to Trust your instincts.
That, and I’m pretty creeped out right now.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Monday, December 18, 2023 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
To feel bettr about the world, go read my entry in 'home and Gardens" thread!!!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, December 18, 2023 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Wow, Kooklie, good instincts. And good to act on it too, sometimes we don't because of politeness.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, December 18, 2023 - 10:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Kooklie, good for you!! Good instincts.

My family doctor owns the buildings where his offices are and in his building besides a husband and wife psychiatric and psychologisst there is a practice of several podiatrists.. They share the waiting room, so I see all the post surgery people and others limping around. I was walking a LOT a few years ago, probably 10 years and my doctor was very specific about which of the podiatrists he sent me to, one who wouldn't push surgery and such and I went to that one and he basically gave me good advice about shoes, said I had a bunch of hammer toes, which is true and said could I do surgery? Yes, but do I recommend it, no.. So I was satisfied.

Getting good referrals is so hard! And making sure they are in network. And then you get a good one and they retire.

But your podiatrist, Kooklie! Dodged a bullet for sure.
As for Home and Garden.. good for those accomplishing so much but long ago I realized that thread left me feeling super inadequate, so it is best that I stay away. No one's problem but my own, clearly.

Very late last night I had pain in my scalp under my hair and it occured to me it might be shingles, shich I have been through before (before I had the Shingrix shots in 2017) and then I called my doctor on his day off and he quickly called in a prescription and the case was mild.

So I first felt this at 3am and at 8:05am I called my doctor, who faxed in the prescription and by 9:05 the CVS Robot called to say my prescription was ready. By then I was ready to leave..

So I'm grateful that in this instance, healthcare worked for me!!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, December 19, 2023 - 8:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
"And then you get a good one and they retire."

Spring of 2020 I lost three of the four doctors I see regularly. Liked them all so much. Optometrist retired. PCP, not old enough to retire, simply moved from here (Chicago 'burbs) to Key West! Dentist...pancreatic cancer. I guess I've replaced PCP and dentist. Optometrist -- still looking.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, December 19, 2023 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I’m pretty cautious about doctors. If I don’t like one, I won’t go back. When my regular doctor retired last year, he referred me to another one in his practice. I’ve gone to her 3 times… at first, I was on the fence but, gave her more time because of the referral. I’m getting used to her, but don’t like that her answer to everything is a prescription, even when all my blood work has been exactly the same for the last 5 years. I’ll push back when I have to.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, December 19, 2023 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
((Kookli)) Thankful you dodged a horrendous bullet there, by trusting your gut!!!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: