TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
All About Beading

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: tack The Hobby Hall: All About Beading users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
ARCHIVESWargod200 10-18-10  10:36 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Jmm

08-15-2002

Tuesday, October 19, 2010 - 12:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
You might also want to try the local Goodwill or other thrift store. They usually have a lot of old junk jewelry.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Friday, October 22, 2010 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Finished the curtains:

a

b

Like the clear/purple (bedroom) and pink/clear (bathroom) sets, I counted the beads on the clear/blue (living room & kitchen) sets so when hung up, the blue beads will match up exactly. I love the blue beads, they change colors depending on the way you look at them, so really they are blue/purple. Fits well with the colors of the house.

Best part, sis and bil love them. We'll hang them on a rod and then I think it'll be best if we put a dab of glue on the last bead of each strand and glue it to the wall so they stay in place and hang straight. I was going to leave the curtains with them today, but realized there was a wire I missed cutting and because it's sticking out between two beads it's going to require my wire cutters that are designed for that type of thing and not bils general use ones. So the dang things are back home with me, lol.

Now it's on to the chandeliers and tree decorations. I am having serious second thoughts about rugs and how the heck I would do that (I don't bead weave or whatever it is called!) We're discussing things the girls might be able to do for those so for right now I'm not going to worry about them.

Loyolamom

05-10-2005

Friday, October 22, 2010 - 11:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Loyolamom a private message Print Post    
War, what if for the rugs, you have the girls do some braiding with the thread that's used for friendship bracelets. After they're done braiding you could wind it around into an oval or a circle and then tack it together. Does that make sense? Your beading is beautiful!

Wargod

07-16-2001

Friday, October 22, 2010 - 11:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
That's a very good idea, Loyolamom! We'd talked about having the girls do, well, remember the potholders kids can make out of scraps of material? I kept thinking that wouldn't fit the house but it was all we could think of since I was coming up short with the beaded rugs. I think braiding the thicker thread would look really nice and we could get it into the oval shape sis is looking for. Thank you!

Lumbele

07-11-2002

Saturday, October 23, 2010 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lumbele a private message Print Post    
Crocheting the rugs might work, too.

Loyolamom

05-10-2005

Saturday, October 23, 2010 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Loyolamom a private message Print Post    
You're welcome:-)!

Wargod

07-16-2001

Saturday, October 23, 2010 - 10:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Loyola, I started to tell my sis about your post and got as far as mentioning the friendship bracelets when her eyes lit up and she beat me to the punch, lol. Oldest niece got into making the bracelets last year and sis bought a box of different colors of threads. The thread lasted longer than nieces interest in making the bracelets, lol! So she has all the thread in different colors and we're going to try that.

And Lum, bite your tongue! I couldn't crochet if someone experienced was guiding my hands, lol.

Lumbele

07-11-2002

Sunday, October 24, 2010 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lumbele a private message Print Post    

Loyolamom

05-10-2005

Sunday, October 24, 2010 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Loyolamom a private message Print Post    
Yea! Glad to hear I could help! :-)

Jmm

08-15-2002

Sunday, October 24, 2010 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
Those are beautiful curtains, War. I love that you and sis are getting the kids involved and I know that your aunt will adore it.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Tuesday, October 26, 2010 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
This is what I came up with for the chandeliers and the trim for the little Christmas tree:

The top part of the chandelier is flat, but both front and back are the same. I need to glue on some crystal rhinestones, but other than that they are done. I found the top part at Walmart as a pair of cheapie earrings. I showed the first finished one to sis and she agreed with me, really like it, but not too sure how it's going to look in the dollhouse. Told her to wait til I finished the second one, then I'd bring them over and we'd check and see how they look hanging in the house. Hopefully they'll be ok.

Sia

03-10-2002

Wednesday, October 27, 2010 - 8:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sia a private message Print Post    
Question: I want to post a photo of a beaded project, but I can't resize small enough on this laptop, which runs on Windows Vista. What's the trick? I know sometimes people use those on-line photo resizing programs, but I can't think of the name of the one folks here have recommended.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Wednesday, October 27, 2010 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
Here's one, Sia.

irfanview

Sia

03-10-2002

Wednesday, October 27, 2010 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sia a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Jmm. I'll try that. On my WinXP desktop computer, I'm able to resize very easily using Paint. On the laptop with Vista, it uses Windows Photo Gallery, which I don't understand and find very awkward, and I can resize all day long and can't find a happy medium: everything is too big or ends up very tiny.

Sia

03-10-2002

Tuesday, November 02, 2010 - 6:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sia a private message Print Post    
Jmm, would it sound petty of me if I didn't want to use that resizing program (irfanview) because the developer is based overseas? Sorry. I will keep looking for a program.

Why can't I use PAINT, since I'm used to it? No matter how many times I edit a photo smaller and smaller, it still greatly exceeds the 65 kb size restriction for the Clubhouse. Frustrating!

Biloxibelle

12-21-2001

Friday, August 31, 2012 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biloxibelle a private message Print Post    
Wow has it really been 2 years since the last post here. Is anyone still beading?

I am. I have been trying different projects. Right now I am using the French beading technique to make some beaded flowers. I will get the picture off my fb and bring it over here. I love this technique and it is fairly simple to use.

Biloxibelle

12-21-2001

Friday, August 31, 2012 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biloxibelle a private message Print Post    
Lets see if this works.

Poinsettia.

poinsettia

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Friday, August 31, 2012 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Wow, that's beautiful, Biloxibelle!

Wargod

07-16-2001

Friday, August 31, 2012 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Oh wow, that's amazing, Biloxi! Nice work!

I am still beading, but have been doing simple jewelry for the girls.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, August 31, 2012 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
That's lovely Belle.

Biloxibelle

12-21-2001

Saturday, September 01, 2012 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biloxibelle a private message Print Post    
Thank you. I love this technique. Like I said, it is very simple. I attached a pin to the back and made it a brooch.

My mind has been a jumbled of projects this summer. I have done a few other things. They are not beads so they don't belong in this thread. I will get some pictures later. It seems no matter what I do I always gravitate back to beading. The counting and repetitive action tends to calm my busy mind.

I have been interested in learning about scrap booking. I would love to see that thread start up again.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: