TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
All About Hair

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: All About Hair users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through May 12, 2012Heckagirl63125 05-12-12  5:41 pm
Archive through October 28, 2012Abby725 10-28-12  3:12 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 10:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Just checking to see if I am still banned here. Apparently so.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, May 30, 2013 - 7:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Peekaboo I see a joo-joo! ;) ;)

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 - 7:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Does a professional hair drys as opposed to average dryer really make a difference when it comes to hair styling? Something about ions? Yeah, would cost more $, but if it makes styling better more $ is OK.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
Color, I bought a professional hair dryer, Paul Mitchell, I love it but I don't use it but maybe twice a week. My hair is so fine, so I am careful about putting it through too much stress.

I will say that my Paul Mitchell(sp) hair dryer is over 5 yrs old and works great. My kids have used it more than I have so it does get used. I love the long cord on it and it doesn't get tangled.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I was complaining about my frizzy hair (thin and colored) and my hairdresser suggested I use a product called Bioterra. I have the shampoo, conditioner and a leave-in conditioning spray and I am loving it! It has really softened and de-frizzed my hair.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I did buy a Rusk Speed Freak 2000 watt hair dryer at Ulta today. Just now washed and dried my hair. I did basically same thing as with old Conair dryer from Target. Probably dried faster. Better results? Maybe. See what happens with it over next few days. I only wash my hair 'bout couple times per week. To think when I was working washed it every day! Heavy spray on it every day. That was NOT necessary.

Boxip, I'll check into Bioterra.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
My hair is on the short side. Smooth. Cut, color, wash & dry last Friday. It was humid over the weekend. Hair stayed smooth all the way through today. In the past when I've done it, hair is smooth first 2+ days, then humidity takes over. I can be OK with that, but it's not smooth any longer. I'll see if this hair dryer makes a difference. For the first time, this past Friday Tammy used a straightener tool on my hair too. Should I look into that?

P.S. I was not born with the usual hair styling gene.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Also got a new different hair brush. That was probably a good idea.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Time to revive the hair thread, don't y'all think?

I'm feeling kind of feisty, haven't run anybody off the board in years.

AND, I got my hair cut today! By a young woman who is really talented, although flaky as can be. She left me and a lot of people in the lurch some years back when she moved to Georgia on short notice. She gave me an appointment on what she must have known was the day she was leaving town, and I got there early and caught her. I knew she would be back, as she has deep roots in far south Texas, and sure enough she showed back up about three years later.

In the meantime, I started going to a female barber who cuts my hair just fine, and I remained loyal to her. But she has a life-threatening condition, and today there was a sign on her door Closed due to medical emergency. I pray the emergency is that a compatible kidney has become available for her and that it is successful this time. She had a transplant from her daughter a year ago, and her body rejected it. What a heart breaker all around. Sending her some prayers right now.

So I went back to the old hairdresser today. I have such a cute haircut (if elderly women can get really cute haircuts, because, well, they are old and icky), it ought to be criminal.

How's everybody else's locks doing?

Well, doggone!!! Apparently I am still banned after all these years!

Abby7

07-17-2002

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
Moderators...warning....juju is messing where she shouldn't be messing iirc.

Btw...my hair..well, I haven't done ""much with it lately" (wash, ,blow dry....that's it) : > )

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 9:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Juju, we better not be "elderly". Burke and I get our hairs done Friday.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
(Tip-toeing in to see if the coast is clear.)

My hair is drip/towel dry. In the past I used to think if I went outside in the cold with wet hair I would be dead within a week of some terrible disease.

Hey, it's not true. The human body can withstand cold hair.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Juju, thank you for reviving the hair thread! Whenever I've had the awesome opportunity to break bread with you, your hair has been marvelous looking and I'm sure it still looks great!!

About a year ago, I made the decision to let my natural hair grow in...so no more hair coloring for me. My hair looks pretty good with soft "salt" running throughout it. I've gotten many compliments on my hair and I'm pleased with it. My hair grows out quickly and I must get about an inch cut off every other month. It's been nice owning my natural hair looks.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I did that too, Eggie, got off the coloring merry-go-round. It sometimes looks brown and sometimes looks gray. Getting more gray all the time. Heh, I had to get up and go look in the mirror. It is looking brown right now in this dim light.

Abby7

07-17-2002

Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 9:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
I also stopped coloring my hair ...about 1.5 years ago. Not really looking so good hair wise.. I think I need to go back and suffer at the salon. I'm not getting "that beautiful white haired look". Lol
....back on my ipad....: > )

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 9:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Cut and color tomorrow. No plans on stopping the COLOR at this time.

Abby7

07-17-2002

Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 10:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
Color...Bad choice on my part...should contine with coloring.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 10:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I stopped coloring since 2013, but then this last year (2016) my gray turned to an ugly shade that was making my skin look bad. So in November we did a full color on the back leaving about a half inch of gray around the front of my face.

That gray was actually pretty, LOL. So now I won't see the roots growing in much, and don't have to color as often and still keep a little body and color in my hair.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, December 02, 2016 - 7:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Oh, I tried not coloring once...it wasn't a good choice at all for me! My natural hair is just an ugly color somewhere between blonde and light brown...it truly looks just like dirty dishwater! I have colored it blonde for years.

Funny thing though - my hair has always been straight but these days it has lots of natural curl...I am quite convinced that it is the coarser silver hair that is hiding under my color that is giving my hair a lot more texture than it previously had! SCORE!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, December 02, 2016 - 8:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Bad choice on my part...should contine with coloring.

I have no idea what my natural gray looks like. I've never seen it other than a hair here and there.

In the mid '9os, co-worker who was about same age as me let her hair go natural / gray. And she grew it long. Can I say -- BAD LOOK. Ugh! Not too long after she left the job and I never saw her again.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, December 02, 2016 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I never colored, just foils, bleach woven through, but awhile back, Peggy said she was wearing in some color.

I go every 6-7 weeks for cut and all the foils.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, December 02, 2016 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Mine is usually 2-stage - she does the blonde highlights with foil and then puts on light brown undertones. I love my hairdresser/colorist - she is amazing.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, December 02, 2016 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I was going to try a reverse weave, where we did the darker color instead of highlights, but decided to try this way. Plus it was cheaper, LOL.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, December 02, 2016 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I don't know what all these various color processes are? I never learned. Weaves and foils and highlights and . . . . I don't know. Sounds like it would be more $$?

I've been going to one or the other of two hair stylists who worked together since mid '80s. (Only one is still working.) In the late '80s, one of them did glitz (?) on my hair. Wow! Was working for two female attorneys at the time. One of them raved about my hair. True compliments. Wonder what the glitz was? Have to ask Tammy when I go back in six weeks (January 13).

Abby7

07-17-2002

Friday, December 02, 2016 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
Sea, I've seen photos of you..You have the color I've been hoping for..

But, nope.

ETA,..wait foils means coloring... right?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, December 02, 2016 - 5:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Weaves/Foils = taking a weave of the roots using a rattail comb, then putting that hair between some foil and coloring it. Either bleaching for highlights (light colors), or color for lowlights (darker colors). Then when it is done processing you have pretty hair of various colors. Back in the day I got both at the same time....very expensive.

Wow, I wonder what the glitz was, LOL.

Abby7

07-17-2002

Friday, December 02, 2016 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
Highlights/lowlights...all I know. So, I would say I've colored my hair.

Rn, my hair color matches one of the aquirrels that comes around even so often.

Abby7

07-17-2002

Friday, December 02, 2016 - 5:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
Squirrels...Lol

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, December 02, 2016 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
That sounds like a quite lovely color, Abby7. In WA state we also have black squirrels. And brown squirrels. And gray squirrels. Oh, and Douglas squirrels which are about half the size of other squirrels and totally adorable. If you are Douglas-squirrel colored, I bet you are just adorable too.

Hey! Looks like I can post in the Hair thread if I talk about squirrels!! I wonder what else I can get away with?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, December 02, 2016 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Burke says, "SQUIRREL!! Where?????", as he has his nose pressed against the window. He understands that word.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, December 03, 2016 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I have been having a bit of fun with my hair since it has grown back. It used to be a lovely brown ( with professional help). It has grown back curly and is dark in the back and a pretty white/silver in front. I had streaks of blue added in August and then did purple in November. I plan to do green for Christmas. I have received many compliments and it is quite fun and fetching if I do say so myself.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, December 05, 2016 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think you should post pictures. It sounds lovely and very festive!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, December 05, 2016 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I had a patient who decided on purple when her hair grew back.

Yes, my own hair was brown. There are some of those, plus white ones, and Peggy has weaved in bleach for years, and placards in some blonde color.

I go every 6 or 7 weeks and I figure I don't smoke 🚬 or drink 🍸 and I am sorry it.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: