TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 13, 2024

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Right now: Archive through March 13, 2024 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 13, 2024 - 8:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN I'll have the keys, so if it does show up, I'll put it in the locked garage.

Also, if a certified check shows up, I won't mobile deposit it. I'll go to the bank and talk to the bank. Plus, I won't do anything until this check clears. And my security cams will capture everything, day and night. I have them on all 4 sides of my house. They also record sound.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 13, 2024 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN I am babysitting the pit bulls for the week leading up to her supposed arrival on March 25. I'm actually glad about that now. LOL

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 13, 2024 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
RN, darn it Naja, it really isn't sounding good now. Has she asked for your bank account number or anything?

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 13, 2024 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN No, no account numbers. But she did ask which bank I use. But no numbers. At the time I just figured she wanted to open an account to have here. Like maybe her bank didn't have a branch here.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 13, 2024 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN The info she has on me is name, address, phone number, and which bank I use.

Funny thing is, now I feel like her asking me an innocent sounding question like if my dogs are friendly feels fishy. Even though it is a normal question a tenant would ask.

When I asked her why the phone is in that old man's name, she just texted "Yes, that's the number I will be using". No real explanation.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 13, 2024 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Is yours a cell phone number? Sometimes they use those plus your personal info for identity theft. If you use online banking, make sure it's completely locked down.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 13, 2024 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Yes, my cell. What do you mean by locked down? My whole life is pretty much on auto pay.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 13, 2024 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I would change my bank settings to 2 factor log in via Email (instead of text). Just to be safe, since she has your cell phone number.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 13, 2024 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN ok, I'll go do it

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 13, 2024 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN ok, it was already set to email me, but I also set it to call.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 13, 2024 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Unless it's both emailing AND a phone call, you don't want it to call, since she has your phone number.

And as good housekeeping, I'd change your Email password as well, and your banking log in.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 13, 2024 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN She doesn't have my email. It's not in the ads.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 13, 2024 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
RN, okay, Naja, I was talking about your banking log in info. You said you set it to call? She does have your phone number?

Mine makes you choose ONE method: Email, call or text.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 13, 2024 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN I'll show you, give me a couple mins.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 13, 2024 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Here is a picture of the settings with any personalization pinked out.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, March 13, 2024 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Wow, this has all been eye opening. Thank you, Juju, for getting the ball rolling in asking questions and bringing up good points. I'm not in the same situation but this has been educational. Good luck, Naja, and hoping for a real tenant for you who is stress free!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 13, 2024 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
So, I'm still unclear. What happens when you try to log in? Does it ask you which method you'd like to use for that specific log in attempt?

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 13, 2024 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I can't see any difference when I log in on the computer at all. PW and username. I was thinking maybe it's just for new devices. I'm a little confused about it. I have the phone app set to fingerprint, so it doesn't do anything different there. I'm going to go try from a different browser with VPN on. I'll report back.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 13, 2024 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN ahhhh, yes, I see now. If it doesn't know me, it asks which method I want to use to verify. So you're right. I better set it to an email no one has, and disable the other methods.

eta: that was quick. Thanks for the info. Now the unknown email I have never used anywhere is in there.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 13, 2024 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Great! Just make sure you keep the password to that Email! I always lose those little known ones.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 13, 2024 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
haha, I have it set up in Outlook.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 13, 2024 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN She texted me this just a little while ago. It went like this.

Hello, I just confirmed the check will be mailed out to you on or before Friday

ok, thank you. The rental car will be in your name, right?

Yes it would.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 13, 2024 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
RN, It just seems something isn't right. What will you do if the car shows up?

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 13, 2024 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN If it's in her name, I'll accept it and put it in the garage. That will solve the problem if it's a set up to steal a car. If it's in my name, I'll refuse it. The security cams will alert if anybody comes sneaking around the driveway at night, and record it. PLUS, I'll have the pit bulls here for the week until the day she is supposed to arrive. They are truly scary when they see a stranger.

ETA: It's truly an awesome coincidence that the pit bulls are staying those days!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 13, 2024 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN I just got a new request to board this 10 yr old princess, Maggie.

eta: oops. didn't look closely. They also have a 5 yr old Bichon Frise they want me to look after. I bet I won't get the job. Patsy won't be gentle with the little dog.