TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 13, 2024

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Right now: Archive through March 13, 2024 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, March 05, 2024 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN It sure is! I was thinking about how it's embarrassing to qualify for food assistance. But then I thought "Why?".

That's why I posted. To get that feeling of embarrassment out of me and have it be out in the open and not be something shameful. Sometimes people need help to get them over the hump.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 05, 2024 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
RN, that is excellent Naja, it is important to take advantage of all the things you can qualify for.

There is a program, Affordable Connectivity, I think it is nationwide, where you can get internet access. WE had a presentation here and it sounds great, I am going to see about it, the presentation was made by Verizon. Like you said, all they can do is say No, LOL>

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, March 05, 2024 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN I applied for that, Dipo. They approved me at first. But when I tried to apply it to my xfinity account, it was denied because my xfinity account is still in DDH's name. If I switch my xfinity account to my name, I will lose my grandfathered in price and have to pay about $100 more for cable.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, March 05, 2024 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That is great, Naja! Both getting the SNAP card and weighing the benefits of the internet help.

My exercise classes are free because there is a program through Coastline College here, but probably other schools, that is for adapted fitness. Our teacher also has classes for special needs younger adults but our classes are based at some senior centers and just require a doctor signing that you need the courses. We have people in their 60s, 79s, 80s and even 90s. I have taken Balance and Mobility for over 3 years and I credit it with preventing at least a couple of falls. She also teaches how to get up from a fall and last year they did assessments to see how each of us compared to averages in our age groups.

This semester I added Strength and Conditioning... in the senior center gym, which gives free access and an instructor

All other classes at those locations are not free.

Anyway, that was worth waiting on the phone for so long!

And that amount helps make up for not having the NTB renting and is certainly less stressful.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 05, 2024 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
RN, Wow, Stock Market is sucking today!

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Tuesday, March 05, 2024 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
The Market usually sucks around tax season!!Tax season is on my mind today as I handed over mine to the preparer today! I did text prep for about 200k years for TCE - Tax Cunseling for the Elderly- a branch of VITA - Volunteer Income Tax Assistance. My daddy was a n accountant and I did the taxes from the time I was in high school for his clients. I made $3 a return which in those days was major money - babysitting was 50 cents an hour! My years doing taxes for TCE was sn homage to my dad as my 40+ years of service to Cheekwood Botanical Gardens and Museum was to my mom.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 06, 2024 - 2:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think it might suck with this election too.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 06, 2024 - 5:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Sea, I admire you drive to take classes like that. No doubt it has helped you avoid injuries, but it helps keep you young.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 06, 2024 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
RN, the stock market was a correction from the mad buying over the last 2 weeks. It's still WAY up over last year. My retirement fund is very happy. :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 06, 2024 - 10:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Naja, thanks! Balance has definitely helped.. especially when I was surprised by a wasp stinging me three times so I almost fell backwards but was able to use my core muscles to prevent the fall and stand upright. My friend Priscilla, also in that class and 10 years my senior just today said that she was staying with her son last week and they just got a pit bull and the dog sort of charged at her and she could feel her body shift away and she was able to stay upright (and her son grabbed the pit, too.. obviously needs some training).

I do like free exercise.. like always park as far away in a parking lot if possible, always bring in a cart from the lot at the grocery, and after unloading my purchases, take the cart back to the store. Breaking my leg in 2021 was quite a setback and I cannot stride like I did but I sure can walk now..

So you get your favorite Boxer tomorrow?

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 07, 2024 - 4:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Yes, Seamonkey! My sweet boxer Kacey is scheduled to be here at 5PM. He's getting old, but he has a lot of spunk.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 07, 2024 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN I have a little mystery on my hands. Yesterday I got this bunch of elastic through USPS from USWC Warehouse. I know I never ordered it. I asked mom is she ordered it and accidentally hit the address the button to send it to me. Nope.

I am so curious why I got elastic in the mail.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 07, 2024 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN AND I have a last minute new pit bull coming today. The owner swears she's sweet and not the slightest bit mean. Let's hope.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 07, 2024 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Thank goodness she's super friendly! (and tiny)

Kacey should be here within a couple hours, too. It's going to be a crazy weekend.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Thursday, March 07, 2024 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I was pleased to read about your eligibility to join a government food supplement program. I spent manvolunteering at the middle TN food distributionn center. for many years. Eash year the need increased -

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 07, 2024 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Thanks, Tnt. It really took a load off my mind.

I made a little gif to show how Sheba looks like a mini Kacey!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 07, 2024 - 10:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Sounds like a good day with both visiting dogs! The pit bull looks very sweet.

Quite a mystery about the elastic.. Just be sure it isn't somehow charged to you in some way...

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Saturday, March 09, 2024 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I am glad you have a mellowpit bull. They have an undeserved bad rep - you can teach almost ANY dog to be mean!

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, March 12, 2024 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN I just got a promise to rent the other room! A woman from California is coming to do research work in Kansas City. It's her company that will be sending me certified monthly certified checks, and she has a car from the company being delivered here before she gets here.

It seems too good to be true, so I'll start counting my chickens when the first check gets here.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, March 12, 2024 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
RN, Great news!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, March 12, 2024 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Whoa! That sounds terrific, while also too good to be true. Hope the car is not full of controlled substances.

Wait! In fact, that might be a not too far off enough guess.

Start Googling NOW, Naja, to see if that sort of arrangement is a scam. Then also perhaps suggest that you have a friend at the local police department, and they have a large enough parking lot that you can make arrangements for the car to be picked up there.

Also start checking back story references, starting with the first point of contact and working every angle you can. Independently look up her company, etc. I was just talking tonight, like two hours ago, about how smart people here at the clubhouse are. And you are one of the smartest.

DEFINITELY do not give "the company" your banking information.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 13, 2024 - 5:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN The car is from a rental company which I will speak with to set a time to drop off the car to make sure I'm home when it gets here. So it won't be some strange car being dropped off. That part is ok. Or at least I'll know it's ok once they contact me and I can check the number and see the rental paperwork when it's dropped off.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 13, 2024 - 5:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN I may have been tricked. She is ignoring the question when I ask to speak to her on the phone, and her phone is registered to an old man in Missouri.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 13, 2024 - 6:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN And twice she listed her first name as her last name. I think because the drivers license listed her last name first and whoever it is didn't realize it. I began to suspect maybe this is someone from a foreign country because they started using words like "lest" and certain phrases that aren't things we say in regular conversation. And instead of answering to these questions I have, she said she's getting busy and will get back to me.

Man, this is such a bummer!

Mack

07-22-2002

Wednesday, March 13, 2024 - 8:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
RN Naja this is sounding more and more like a scam, hoax, or somebody just messing with you. That said the rental car business vaguely reminds me of a car theft scam from several years ago. I don’t remember the details but basically it was getting somebody to accept delivery of a car and sign for it. The theft would show up, get the car, and disappear. The person on the hook for the car was the person who signed for it when it was delivered.