TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 31, 2024

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The only Dumb question is the one not asked (Q&A): Archive through January 31, 2024 users admin

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Saturday, December 23, 2023 - 3:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
When, where, and by whom was TV Clubhouse started?

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, December 23, 2023 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Around July 2000 in Canada by Neil somebody and his wife. Do I get a kewpie doll?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, December 23, 2023 - 11:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And it was originally named Big Brother Fan Club but CBS threatened to sue..

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Saturday, December 23, 2023 - 11:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Thank you both!!! Yes Juju, you get a kewpie doll - and, just because it is the season of giving, Bigdog gets a kewpie guy!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, December 26, 2023 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NEW Q: Anyone have a clue when the Christmas movies will stop???? Do I have to wait until new years, LOL, I want my Murder She Wrote back for bedtime, hahahahaha.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 01, 2024 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hallelujah!!! Hallmark Movies and Mysteries has dumped the Christmas stuff. Interesting mystery movies on now and Murder She Wrote is back tonight!!!

For some reason Hallmark and GAF are still showing Christmas.

Lifetime and UPTV dumped the Christmas stuff on the 26th and went back to normal programing.

So glad to have some choices that are NOT Christmas movies, LOL.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, January 04, 2024 - 8:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
New question.

This is my first year of having to do taxes in 30 years. (actually, we used Rusty's tax service and I will again)

My husband passed last February, so he had already gotten 2 payments of his pension and 2 of his SS for 2023.

Now is there something I have to do to get his tax info for that? Or will it automatically be sent? We always filed jointly, and from what I understand, I'll be doing it for 2023 as well.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, January 04, 2024 - 8:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
It should be automatically be sent by the pension company. Same with banks or investments, if you have anything.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, January 04, 2024 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Did you husband keep any tax files from prior years? If you can find that, you may be able to discern what documents you’ll receive and need to watch for in the mail for this year.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, January 04, 2024 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Kooklie! :-)

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Thursday, January 04, 2024 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
yes, you are still elegible to file jointly this year, Naja. Any of your husbands "pay" records should be sent automatically If they are W-2or 1099"s you should hav them by the end of Feb. Investment income (stocks, CD's, etc) are usually delyed as the institutions are waiting for year-end income sources. Depending on your income you may ve elegible for FREE tax preparation by VITA! Look for information about this at your local public library or Sr. Center -

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 05, 2024 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Rusty should have records that might show what you should expect to get.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Friday, January 05, 2024 - 4:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
If you call your local IRS office I THINK you can geta copy of your tax return printed out!It has been years ago but I had to do this with one of my TCE clients!

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, January 05, 2024 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN I have every return for the past 30 years.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Sunday, January 07, 2024 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Then it should be easy to check 2023 income sources with those of previous years! I am sure you are keeping careful records of your rental and pet care incomes and expenses! Again I recommend the VITA program of FREE tax return preparation!!!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, January 14, 2024 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
High five, Naja. I have every return I ever filed in 50 years. That will end when I move and downsize.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 15, 2024 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New Q: Is it normal to for the media to address a former President as President when asking a question?

It annoys the heck out of me but I wanted to know if it is considered proper.

thhanks!!

Mack

07-22-2002

Monday, January 15, 2024 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Unfortunately yes.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, January 17, 2024 - 7:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
They do it for a lot of the higher up positions. I couldn't stand it when Sarah Palin quit as Governor of Alaska in the middle of her term to make more money doing tv shows, yet everyone still called her Governor. That's when I learned it's not just something that is done for Presidents.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Wednesday, January 17, 2024 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
I smile every time I hear Lester Holt refer to trump as "the ex-President". I have never heard a former President referred to in such a way. It isn't politically correct, I know.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, January 31, 2024 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I have a question about facebook since I rarely use it so I don't know the ins and outs.

I posted my room for rent again in a travel nurse group last night. It got one like and 3 comments. BUT, when I go to read the comments, it says "No visible comments". What does that mean? Why aren't they visible?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 31, 2024 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sorry Naja, I have no clue on that one.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 31, 2024 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NEW DOG Question: My sister has a 15 year old Bichon Friese, male - 15 lbs, who is going deaf and blind. Apparently he is now starting have separation anxiety and howls if she leaves him home alone while she goes to work. He had a buddy who died and likes being the Head Dog, he still has a kitty buddy.

I suggested the Kong treat to occupy him and she said he is over the Kongs, and doesn't go for it, LOL

Anyway the vets have him on gabapentin and Prozac which doesn't seem to be working that well. They upped his Gabbie to 100mg and want to up his Prozac but it gives him diarrhea so Sister was wondering about CDB instead.

Finally the Question .. do any of you know if CDB works with dogs to calm anxiety? Also, if it does, is there a certain type or brand that works best.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 31, 2024 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Naja, it could be a couple of things. Usually it's because the comments were deleted. These can be self deleted, or deleted by the moderators of the group because they were spam or violations of the rules of the group.

I'm assuming when I say this, that you chose "all comments" for viewing?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 31, 2024 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Dipo, first and most important, you have to give "dog-safe" CBD to dogs. You cannot use human grade. They often have additives that are dangerous to dogs.

Some dogs do well on CBD. My vet prefers a mix of 10% THC to 90% CBD. Marijuana has to be legal where you live to get this. You'll see this listed on the bottle as 10:1 but make sure it says 10:1 CBD to THC and NOT the reverse! Some places do sell the opposite, and you don't want that, because it's dangerous to puppers!

Here's an example:
https://vetcbd.com/products/vetcbd-101-formulation/

If the prozac isn't helping, and it's been at least 3 weeks, I'd try another antidepressant. Clomicalm is the most expensive but it is the most effective for dogs.

Finally, I've used a mix of trazadone/gabapentin successfully. However, you cannot use trazadone with any anti depressant, as there is something called serotonin syndrome that can be deadly to pooches if you mix them.

Hope that helps!