TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Has anyone bought anything from Temu....

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: tack Buyers Banter: Has anyone bought anything from Temu.com? users admin

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, February 20, 2024 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I've heard it's a scam, but they have cute things for low prices.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, February 20, 2024 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yes, I have ordered several times. Skip the clothes! They are horrible. But the gadgets, make-up and other things have been great so far. The first thing I ever ordered was a wreath for my mom's door, and it was gorgeous! And they keep their word about the $5.00 credit if your order arrives late. I've gotten the credit twice. You don't have to ask for it. It's automatic.

My fav thing I bought was this print for my bedroom.

But like I said before, the clothes are crap.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Tuesday, February 20, 2024 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I've also bought a few things from Temu and so far all I've received has been very good. I haven't bought any clothing items from them.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 20, 2024 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
The thing about Temu is the *app* is very invasive, and I assume they are selling your data right and left, and probably not using it appropriately.

If you're going to shop at Temu, do it on a desktop so you aren't downloading the malicious app to your phone.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Tuesday, February 20, 2024 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the information Karuuna.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 21, 2024 - 5:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I have never been able to get used to shopping on a phone. I need that big screen to see the product and details better. I don't know how others do it. I can't even imagine trying to do my whole Walmart/grocery shopping list on that little screen.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, February 21, 2024 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I have not shopped at Temu, but I do regularly at AliExpress. Items ship fast from China. And yes, it's a lot of cheap junk, but often you can get things cheaper there than on amazon (and it's the same junk), but not always. Sometimes amazon is cheaper. I have not tried Temu yet, just because it feels pushy. I get that "invasive" impression. I'll think twice about loading the app, which will save me from late night shopping from bed (which is when many of my AliExpress purchases are made lol).

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 21, 2024 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I love AliExpress! I can get things for my aquariums and diamond paintings for a lot cheaper. I found a couple of my outdoor security cams there a lot cheaper as well.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, February 25, 2024 - 7:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I read that Temu is not a big store but closer to Amazon in china.

The manufacturers are all managed separately. As such, there are no guarantees. No guarantees of qualities, no guarantee they are not using slavery.

As someone who buys most stuff online, I find more companies are selling stuff for. Other companies like Walmart, etc. I don't buy anything from Amazon right now because of a dispute settled that I did not like, but I see ihave to be so careful with sellers of different sources.
I have not bought anything from Temu since I was scammed by one company direct from China where I did get my money back, but still see the same scam out there and there is no reason fir sites to not recognize and stop the same scam.

It is a buyer beware time now.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, February 25, 2024 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Iread today that Temu uses forced labor... same with Shein. :-(

https://globalaffairs.org/bluemarble/how-shein-and-temu-get-around-us-labor-laws-ban-products-made-forced-labor

In short: Fast fashion giants Shein and Temu have become increasingly popular in the U.S. for their cheap clothes and other goods. Influencers on social media post “hauls” of huge purchases from Temu or Shein. But a June congressional report revealed the two companies are taking advantage of a U.S. shipping provision that allows them to avoid paying tariffs on orders and to “circumvent” a U.S. law that aims to protect Uyghurs in China from being forced to produce cotton products.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, February 25, 2024 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I have never even considered looking at TEMU ads, since they look exactly like all of the other Chinese clothing ads I used to spend quite a bit of time reporting.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, February 26, 2024 - 1:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have not been tempted.

But closer to home, Idaho is one state where legislation is passing to allow kids to quit school younger to work. Things regressing...

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: