TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 07, 2024

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: How's the weather?: Archive through February 07, 2024 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 04, 2024 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
KCAL News
@kcalnews
·
54s
Just In: A winter storm warning has been issued for the mountains of San Bernardino and Riverside counties, including the cities of Big Bear City, Big Bear Lake, Running Springs, and Wrightwood through 6p Tuesday.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 04, 2024 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
WOW, all of a sudden some scary wind gusts. Good thing I brought in my screen or it would be gone!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, February 04, 2024 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Can’t believe the forecasts of the strength of the storm hitting CA. The winds alone forecast reminds me of the storms that hit Oregon in the 1960’s. Just crazy stuff.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, February 04, 2024 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Im still waiting for this big storm they have warned about for days. Not a drop of rain here in Riverside. We almost cancelled our Disney day because of the forecast but then remembered how CA weather people always over react

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, February 04, 2024 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Windy and rainy here..

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 04, 2024 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It's pretty bad .. my area isn't getting it as bad as others but I went on Nextdoor and saw 5 or more posts about fences being blown down.

Then my friend called and said her power was out which is really amazing because she is on the power gride with one of the major hospitals! She got a text saying that the powerlines were down on a major street in Walnut Creek and they were having to divert traffic all around which will be a nightmare so hopefully people are staying home like they were asked!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, February 04, 2024 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
it finally starting raining here but not a downpour.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, February 04, 2024 - 10:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
It sounds like Santa Barbara was getting hit hard.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, February 05, 2024 - 12:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Just had thunder.. Still rain and wind. I opened a door and it smells so fresh..

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 05, 2024 - 8:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It's beautiful out ... blue skies but some gray clouds off to the south.

No wind AT ALL ... temps going up to 60.

Supposed to get possible showers off and on today but I don't think Concord/Walnut Creek will get much.

We are predicted to maybe get a half inch rain today.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 05, 2024 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
CBS Evening News
@CBSEveningNews
·
51m
BREAKING: At least four people have been rescued after an avalanche at Lee Canyon Ski Resort, which is about an hour outside of Las Vegas.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 05, 2024 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Colin McCarthy
@US_Stormwatch
·
2h
UCLA has recorded nearly 12 inches of rain in the last 24 hours, a 1 in 1000-year rainfall rainfall event for Westwood.

A truly unprecedented storm in modern history for the region as an atmospheric river stalls over the region.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, February 05, 2024 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
We have continued to have steady rain, but today it has been not so heavy. I haven't left home, so only see directly around me and more dramatic scenes on the news.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, February 05, 2024 - 10:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Still raining, but at 9:33pm my cable flipped from the program I was watching on the DVR to a very garbled screen announcing a flood watch for our county then later switched to an even more garbled screen. Spectrum says state of emergency declared in California, which may affect your area. I called and the robot says I am affected, which I knew. Arrgh. Could be worse.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 06, 2024 - 6:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Light rain overnight but raining harder now, and windy.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 06, 2024 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Nice out, seems like the rain is done for a little bit, but still 85,000 people without power. This is a big improvement from yesterdsay.

Some blue skies with a few clouds, no wind at all and temps are going up to 58.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, February 06, 2024 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
My son works for the city of San Jose and he had a lot of messes to deal with yesterday. The local animal shelter was flooded and had no power or lights. The Guadalupe river flooded. Plus the winds and rain knocked down telephone poles into the street.

We were lucky here in San Lorenzo. A lot of wind but nothing knocked about and not near enough water for flooding. Our neighbor is getting a new roof today though.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Tuesday, February 06, 2024 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Crispbut lots of sun!!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 06, 2024 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
KCAL News
@kcalnews
·
1h
Mudslide hits 3 Hacienda Heights homes, evacuations ordered

Mud flowed down a saturated Hacienda Heights hillside Tuesday morning, leading to the evacuation of three homes in the 3100 block of Gotera Drive.

Los Angeles County firefighters could be seen by way of SKYCal overhead around 11:40 a.m., knee-deep in mud, working to clear the ground surrounding a gaping hole in the back wall of a home where mud crashed through.

Three homes in total have been evacuated.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 06, 2024 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Mueller, She Wrote
@MuellerSheWrote
·
1h
It’s coming down in buckets now, with thunder and hail, and a tornado warning in East county San Diego!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 06, 2024 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have to be grateful for our HOA (not that they are perfect) and the contractor who runs non gardening maintenance. He does timely things, like checking roofs periodically, especially when we have rain coming (and that is 34 roofs two stories up.. and a few weeks ago he and an assistant were out clearing/unclogging drains and drain pipes. I'm sure that has helped prevent flooding on our property.

And they have all the big trees trimmed professionally every year and that has to help keep them upright in high winds.

One of our inative/former TVCHers lives in San Diego county and she is on the coast but mentioned the tornado possibility on Instagram. Yikes.

Cable is back. I did have to reboot...

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 07, 2024 - 7:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Foggy, gray and coldish - only 42; a little wind and showers may come and go.

Temps going up to 54.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 07, 2024 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It's raining.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, February 07, 2024 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Dry and cool in Portland with intermittent drizzle…. Basically, February weather.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 07, 2024 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The Sun has come out!!!! there are still clouds and I think it may be predicted that showers could be off and on.

I hope it's done, my balcony needs to dry out.