TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 30, 2024

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Right now: Archive through January 30, 2024 users admin

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, January 27, 2024 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
RN

Naja, did you check the batteries in the thermostat?

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, January 27, 2024 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN The thermostat works. When I turn it on, you can hear the fan click on but the air is cold.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, January 27, 2024 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Dogdoc, I changed the batteries just in case. It's a digital thermostat so I figured if all the display is working and the fan kicks on, then the batteries must be fine. But guess what?

I changed the batteries and and this time heat is coming out! OMG! Thank you so much!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, January 27, 2024 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
If you are on a furnace maintenance plan, I would be sure to have them come out and check it.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Saturday, January 27, 2024 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
TVCHers are a treasury of useful information!

I went to a HUGE four-day long dog agility meet for a few hours this AM! It was gorgeous to see the harmony of the master/dog interaction!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, January 28, 2024 - 5:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN My favorite dog event to watch is dock jumping. I can't believe how far some of those dogs can jump!

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Sunday, January 28, 2024 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
They seem to fairly fly through the air!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 28, 2024 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Scent hurdles and flyball are fun, too. They play in teams, relay style. The hurdles are set for the tallest dog, I think. One by one they fly over four hurdles and then have to find the one object in a pile that has their handlers scent. The 3 dogs on each team waiting for their turn are all barking, all the humans are cheering.

Flyball, also teams and hurdles but they have to jump on a device that shoots a ball in the air and the dogs have to catch the ball and bring it back over hurdles.

At one show they also had herding competitions where the dogs had to herd ducks into a pen.

Agility is really fun, too.

Cutest team on the hurdles was a team of all corgis. They would suspend in air over each hurdle and barked all the way.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, January 28, 2024 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Today is my Patsy's birthday! She's 2. Everybody got a mini hamburger.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 28, 2024 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Rosso looks much more relaxed..

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, January 28, 2024 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Patsy looks like she absolutely knows it is HER birthday.

Mini-Doodle says, "Mom, are you sure you left me at the right address?" But, you KNOW she is going to get addicted to having this much fun.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, January 29, 2024 - 2:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN I sent the whole video and some photos to Rosso's Mom, and I could actually feel her rolling on the floor laughing in her responses. LOL (especially at her dog in a sombrero)

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Monday, January 29, 2024 - 3:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I am glad that life sounds like fun for you again!!! WWat doesn't kill us make ;us stronger - or so my grandmama used to say!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, January 29, 2024 - 5:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Today balances it out. I'm headed to the tax accountant in a couple hours. I can't even imagine what this pile of papers will end up telling. I literally have about 75 sheets of invoices printed out of medical related bills and write-offs for the dog business.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, January 29, 2024 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
To be honest, while I'm gonna miss 'The Further Misdventures of NTB', I am 100% delighted that you are moving into the next chapter of your life. Anything, at this point, will definitely be an improvement, eh? 😉

Good luck at the accountants office.

What's the latest on Mr. Handsome and his cute pooch?

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, January 29, 2024 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Mr. Handsome hasn't contacted me since his date. I don't know if that means he hasn't had more dates, or they got married and don't need me anymore. LOL

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, January 29, 2024 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN I just can't get enough of this mini-doodle. He's just the silliest love-bug.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZgdP9uqEtY

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Monday, January 29, 2024 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
What is the other half of the doodle mix? He is too small for it to be lab -Cocker? ButI bed you wwouldn't be able to resist calling him by his full name of Cocker-doodle!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, January 29, 2024 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Haha good one 😂 he's actually a mini golden doodle. Half golden retriever half miniature poodle.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Monday, January 29, 2024 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Due to time that has passed, I'm betting the gal wasn't as wowed by their date as Mr. H was! Being a good pet dad isn't the same thing as being a swinging fun date!! Looks arenn't everything! Have you ever had a sit-down conversation about anything but his dog? He may be an almighty bore!!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, January 29, 2024 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That doodle is cute, but I hate to think of all the discards for them to get to that.

Isn't Aurora a puppy? Could be that she is able to stay home for his shorter dates.. or any number of scenarios, like TNT's or it didn't work out or they both have busy lives..

I would take a good pet dad any day over a swinging fun date, but that's just me.

So who is coming next in terms of dogs?

Does MsSonic have any potential renters you might consider.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, January 30, 2024 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Aurora is 4.5 years old, and he had gotten her from the rescue only 2 weeks before the first time I babysat her.

RN And Tnt, I think he just doesn't know how to date. He married his HS sweetheart, and lost her when he was 67 (found that out from his wife's obit). So I'm pretty sure he never really dated. Plus, he doesn't seem all that witty. Just quiet and pleasant.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, January 30, 2024 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Ohh.. I thought she was a puppy, but was just new to him.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Tuesday, January 30, 2024 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
You are right, Naja! He doesn't sound like he has much dating experience. I expect he is going to be over-shadowed in the modern dating scene. By the time women are of an appropriate age for him, most of us have been around the block once or twice! His best bet is gonna be a friend of a friend type referral! OR, of course, a fellow dog lover!

Istill feel like if you showed some interest in him as well as his dog you might make a connection! Invite him to stay for a cup of cocoa and a bowl of chicken soup when he is dropping off or picking up Aurora - picking up is better as he may be on a schedule when he is dropping off. Say that much as you love dogs it is lonely eating alone and how lonely it is after a long, happy marriage! Find some common HUMAN ground, gal!!! Even if there isn't a spark, you will have a neew pal!!!

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Tuesday, January 30, 2024 - 6:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
That should be a cup of cocoa OR a bowl of soup! You want to appear open and welcoming, NOT needy!!!